PDA

View Full Version : M. Faulk just called Ben the Most Overrated Player in the NFL!

desertsteel
10-24-2010, 10:45 AM
OMG....... just heard it live........ Faulk's credability = ZERO after that coment

SoCalFan
10-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Ha,thats funny,opinions are like a-holes.Besides,he looks like the Joker.What an idiot.He has always been my least favorite analyst,punk...

joeyssteelcurtain
10-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Yea i saw that what a douch

mikegrimey
10-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Context?

What did he say before and after that, such as what makes him the most overrated?

cubanstogie
10-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know how you can call a guy with 2 SB rings, a great win/loss record as well as career QB rating in the 90's overrated. And one would think he still has half to a third of his career left. Not very objective of Faulk. He probably likes guys like Rivers and Schaub who throw for a ton of yardage butt have done absolutely nothing outside of regular season. It amazes me that people call Ben a game manager and think that is a negative. That is the whole job of a QB to manage game. Another pet peeve of mine is when QB's labeled as a system QB. Don't you want a QB to play within the system and make it a successful system. I don't know why half of these guys have jobs.

desertsteel
10-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Context?

What did he say before and after that, such as what makes him the most overrated?

They were talkling about the SI poll of the most overrated, then went around the panel and asked each who theirs was. His contention was that they were 3-1 without him and he gave him ZERO credit for the 2 super bowl wins. 1st... he was terrible... 2nd... it was the defense.... LOL

People forget that the team rode Ben's back for 3 road games in the playoffs to get to the SP in 05, including the game saving tackle against Indy. The 2nd, are your kidding me? He should have been MVP.

mikegrimey
10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
That's a pretty sad argument on Faulk's part. Most overrated? That means the person who receives the most undeserved praise.

That we went 3-1 without him isn't that great of an argument either, since our passing game was near dead last, and Faulk, as well as everyone else knows, they wouldn't be comfortable with Batch, Dixon, or Leftwich leading their team in the SB.

Trying to give the defense credit for Superbowl 43 is facetious considering we gave up two TD drives in the 4th quarter. Harrison's INT does lend some creedence to the argument but you have to be a fool to discredit Ben's showing on the game winning drive.

mesaSteeler
10-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Who cares?

lionslicer
10-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Who cares?

:hatsoff:

zulater
10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
This coming from a guy who's convinced the moon landing's were staged.:chuckle:

MACH1
10-24-2010, 04:21 PM
OMG....... just heard it live........ Faulk's credability = ZERO after that coment

His credibility was Zero after we beat his butt buddie warner in the SB.

sharkweek
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
That's a pretty sad argument on Faulk's part. Most overrated? That means the person who receives the most undeserved praise.

That we went 3-1 without him isn't that great of an argument either, since our passing game was near dead last, and Faulk, as well as everyone else knows, they wouldn't be comfortable with Batch, Dixon, or Leftwich leading their team in the SB.

Trying to give the defense credit for Superbowl 43 is facetious considering we gave up two TD drives in the 4th quarter. Harrison's INT does lend some creedence to the argument but you have to be a fool to discredit Ben's showing on the game winning drive.

That INT return was essentially a 14 point swing, at least a 10 point swing, because the defense was about to let the Cardinals score before pulling that return out of their arse.

The defense definitely made several spectacular plays in that game but they were only spectacular because of how mediocre they were the rest of the plays

Ben would have easily won MVP if he hadn't thrown an INT earlier in the game.

TOOLofSTEEL
10-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Context?

Basically that the team went 3-1 without Ben. And if you look at the 2009, where the defense wasn't as good as what most were accustom to, Big Ben couldn't get the team into the playoffs.

And he cited players like, Manning and Brady. Can win in spite of not having a defense or so on. So in a summary Ben having 2rings was due to a great defense rather than his own ability.

Thats the gist of what he said anyway.

mikegrimey
10-24-2010, 04:57 PM
That INT return was essentially a 14 point swing, at least a 10 point swing, because the defense was about to let the Cardinals score before pulling that return out of their arse.

The defense definitely made several spectacular plays in that game but they were only spectacular because of how mediocre they were the rest of the plays

Ben would have easily won MVP if he hadn't thrown an INT earlier in the game.

I don't know about Ben winning the MVP, I think the people were just so enamored of Holmes's catch that they felt he needed to have it. I thought it could have gone either way and nobody would have felt sore about it.

lionslicer
10-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Basically that the team went 3-1 without Ben. And if you look at the 2009, where the defense wasn't as good as what most were accustom to, Big Ben couldn't get the team into the playoffs.

And he cited players like, Manning and Brady. Can win in spite of not having a defense or so on. So in a summary Ben having 2rings was due to a great defense rather than his own ability.

Thats the gist of what he said anyway.

I don't think Ben is overrated because he's veiwed as one of the top quarterbacks, but no one says he's the best, but he still leads his team to wins in the 4th quarter. I bet if Marshall was an analyst back in Elway's day, he would say Elway was the most overrated player.

Ben couldn't get the team in the playoffs last year, because he would lead his team to a score in the final minutes of the game, then the defense would let the other team score and Ben wouldn't get the ball back to make some magic happen. Faulk is a terrible analyst when it comes to researching what he's talking about.

ZoneBlitzer
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Faulk has been bitter ever since his Cardinals and his ex-boyfriend Warner got beat in the SB. Ben is also an unconventional QB, something that Faulk despises. For Faulk, a QB must be in the pocket, predictable and on-time.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
If that is the curve Marshall Faulk wants to use for the NFL that would mean everyone in the NFL is overrated.

Roethlisberger didn't play well in his first Super Bowl. We know that. But against Arizona?

Perhaps Faulk was watching reruns of his epic performance in Super Bowl XXXIV when Ben nailed Santonio for the victory. He should be proud of the 17 yards he racked up against the Titans on the big stage.

Or is his still bitter about the loss to the Steelers when he played for the Colts in the AFC Championship Game?

mikegrimey
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think Ben is overrated because he's veiwed as one of the top quarterbacks, but no one says he's the best, but he still leads his team to wins in the 4th quarter. I bet if Marshall was an analyst back in Elway's day, he would say Elway was the most overrated player.

Ben couldn't get the team in the playoffs last year, because he would lead his team to a score in the final minutes of the game, then the defense would let the other team score and Ben wouldn't get the ball back to make some magic happen. Faulk is a terrible analyst when it comes to researching what he's talking about.

That's not necessarily true. There were several games last year that Ben and the offense did not score late in the game to help pull us away.

The Bears Game (although Reed missed 2 FGs)
Both Bengals games
Minnessota Game (defense ended up saving us)
KC (I know he got hurt in OT but there were at least 2 drives in the waning moments of the 4th quarter that lead to nothing)

The only game where the defense thoroughly ruined Ben's comebacks was the Raiders one. You could argue the Packer's game too but Tomlin at least had sense to onside kick and make their scoring drive quicker.

There were a few games where the D had to make a stop to seal the win for us. Like the 2nd ravens game, in which we only put up 3 second half points. Or the Dolphins game.

lionslicer
10-24-2010, 05:42 PM
That's not necessarily true. There were several games last year that Ben and the offense did not score late in the game to help pull us away.

The Bears Game (although Reed missed 2 FGs)
Both Bengals games
Minnessota Game (defense ended up saving us)
KC (I know he got hurt in OT but there were at least 2 drives in the waning moments of the 4th quarter that lead to nothing)

The only game where the defense thoroughly ruined Ben's comebacks was the Raiders one. You could argue the Packer's game too but Tomlin at least had sense to onside kick and make their scoring drive quicker.

There were a few games where the D had to make a stop to seal the win for us. Like the 2nd ravens game, in which we only put up 3 second half points. Or the Dolphins game.

Thats my point, Ben isn't the best, he wont score on every drive, but if the team is up by 10+ points, the defense can't turn from the best 3rd quarter defense to the worst 4th quarter defense. That how it happened all last year, Ben still had to win some of the games in the 4th quarter.

Third Rail
10-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Faulk has always been a douche. And now he's not even a douche anyone cares about since Steven Jackson broke his yardage record in St. Louis.

fer522
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM
who gives a shit what he thinks :drink:
i know i don't :tt03:

Fire Arians
10-24-2010, 11:55 PM
5 touchdowns in 2 games and a 122 qb rating = overrated? yeah whatever marshall.

proof ben isn't overrated = we had one of the worst offenses in the league without him. now with him back we're at least a top 10 offense

stb_steeler
10-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Who cares what any media says, you think the team cares what they say?....I bet the answer is nooooooo!

figg
10-25-2010, 12:16 AM
He has always been a hater. I remember he was saying the same crap before the Steelers beat the Cardinals. It was funny because in the post game he was practictly blowing him lol What a joke

lionslicer
10-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Faulk has always been a douche. And now he's not even a douche anyone cares about since Steven Jackson broke his yardage record in St. Louis.

To be fair, while in St. Louis, Faulk only got 15-18 hand offs a game and still got 1300 yards a season, until he got injured and it went down him. Jackson gets around 30-35 a game and is built for running, fault bearly lifted weights, but he just had a natural gift of quickness.

If Jackson beats Faulks 11,030 yards from scrimage in St. Louis then he can call him a nobody douche face.

figg
10-25-2010, 12:30 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d81b8e803/Mr-Overrated

:doh: