PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy

pancake
10-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I keep hearing how he is such a good player, but I never see it. Am I the only one?

joeyssteelcurtain
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I think he looked lost out there today

pancake
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I think he looked lost out there today

I hear people say that he looks good in practice or training camp, but I never see it on the field. I am not calling him a bust, but he needs to show flashes. Then again, maybe I just miss the plays he does well. :noidea:

ZoneBlitzer
10-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Ziggy who? - is my retort. I never notice the guy.

Merchant
10-24-2010, 05:23 PM
We'll get a good look at him now that Smith is out for the season.

lionslicer
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
You'll probably see more picks on more defensive ends and tackles this draft if he doesn't pick it up. Smith and Keisel have already proved this season they are injury prone in their later years. Hampton has also been injury prone his whole career. That defensive line needs some patching up.

SteelCityMom
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
We'll get a good look at him now that Smith might be out for the season.

Fixed it for you...no word on the extent of Smith's injury yet. They're doing test tomorrow.

Tone's Toes
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
He's the new Lawrence Timmons. People will bash him for not being great as early as they'd hoped. The reality is Hood like Timmons was a project pick. Neither really fit the scheme perfectly coming out of college and it will take longer for guys like that to develop. Even when he finally develops he won't be overly noticeable. He's a 3-4 DE. Arron Smith may be the ultimate at that DE position and yet he's had many quiet games. Most fans and media around the league don't even know who Arron Smith is.

Fire Arians
10-24-2010, 11:16 PM
we're gonna need him to step up, but smith's shoes are big ones to fill. I'm not sure that there's any 3-4 DE in the NFL that is better than aaron smith, so we can't expect ziggy to be as good. I'll be very happy with almost though.

SteelKnight
10-25-2010, 12:03 AM
We'll get a good look at him now that Smith is out for the season.

Yeah. This is what players dream of. he was a first round pick...didn't get the start...now it is time for him to step up.

I wonder who we find to replace Smith...Bills just cut Sunny Harris last week.

Maybe they will sign that DT from the practice squad instead.

I hope Keisel comes back soon.

I still think we'll be OK.

tony hipchest
10-25-2010, 12:05 AM
He's the new Lawrence Timmons. People will bash him for not being great as early as they'd hoped. The reality is Hood like Timmons was a project pick. Neither really fit the scheme perfectly coming out of college and it will take longer for guys like that to develop. Even when he finally develops he won't be overly noticeable. He's a 3-4 DE. Arron Smith may be the ultimate at that DE position and yet he's had many quiet games. Most fans and media around the league don't even know who Arron Smith is.thank you for bringing lucidity to this thread. :drink:

pancake
10-26-2010, 02:59 PM
we're gonna need him to step up, but smith's shoes are big ones to fill. I'm not sure that there's any 3-4 DE in the NFL that is better than aaron smith, so we can't expect ziggy to be as good. I'll be very happy with almost though.

That is a good point, I don't expect him to be as good as Smith, who is great, but being as good as Keisel would be nice.

The one thing for sure is, Ziggy has the opportunity to show what he can do.