PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Up For A Walk On The Wild Side?

SteelerzGirl
03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
An actual obituary in today's Johnstown Tribune-Democrat...

STINSON - Thomas

STINSON - Thomas Lee "T-Bone," 53, New York, died March 1, 2006, at work. Born June 28, 1952. Survived by wife, Sharon; two daughters in New York and one daughter in Boston; and stepfather, Richard Hardin, Seanor. Tom took his own life by walking through an open glass door on the 26th floor of the Working Women's Magazine office and took a walk on the wild side. Tom's friends held a memorial wake service on Sunday, March 12. Arrangements by Alternative Burial Corp.

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/obituaries/local_story_075190127

Hmmm... I wonder if all that estrogen at his place of employment made him do it...(lol). I also wonder if his wife was the person who wrote his obituary.

TexaSteeler
03-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Odd death.. do you always read the obituaries?

Suitanim
03-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Usually obits are written by the lowest reporter on the totem pole, so I bet this writer was happy to have someome willing to have a little fun with it for once...

SteelerzGirl
03-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Odd death.. do you always read the obituaries?

In this instance, a co-worker showed this obituary to me as she noticed it while reading an obituary of a relative of a friend of hers. She thought it was so bizarre, and it is...(lol). But yes, I do tend to read more than the sports page everyday because I like to know what's going on in the world around me. :smile:

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
THat's too weird. did you notice the "Alternative Burial Co." WTF is that.

Also what do you mean you read something besides the Sports Page??? I thought those other pages were just there to protect the Sports! :sofunny:

SteelerzGirl
03-19-2006, 09:50 PM
I thought those other pages were just there to protect the Sports! :sofunny:

So that's what those other pages are for! :dang: And here I was thinking I was educating myself by reading that stuff...(lol)! :wink: