PDA

View Full Version : Ramesy Traded

SteelerDan43
03-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Ramsey was traded to the Jets for a 6th rounder. So now they have insurance for Chad do they still take another QB? All of a sudden two teams who were pegged to take QBs in the draft have picked up QBs so what happens to Cutler Young and Leinart now??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2372804

Ambridge
03-17-2006, 05:15 PM
The Redskins give up Ramsey a former #1 pick for only a sixth round selection??
Sounds like a steal for the Jets.
I really hope Ramsey gets himself together and plays lights-out football in the near future.........anything to make Dan Snyder and the Washington Redskins look totally foolish and ridiculous for letting him go.

Ambridge
03-17-2006, 05:37 PM
ummmm.....did you watch ramsey when he was a starter??? the only way the jets got a steal is if he's playin for nothing...lol..the guy sucks,he's another kyle boller!!!!!!!!! but i agree,i hope he does play well else where,and make snyder look like an even bigger ass than he already does.

I beg to differ.
Patrick Ramsey when he first came into the league literally got his ass handed to him by the Steve Spurrier system of "Let's not protect the Quarterback".
The poor guy was hammered week in and week out and had his confidence eroded to nothing.........he's never had a chance to grow and develop.

When Gibbs took over after Spurrier........Gibbs who has always liked a veteran at QB went and signed Mark Brunell.
With some good coaching and a chance to mature at the position Ramsey will blossom.

SteelerDan43
03-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Can a mod fix my spelling on the thread title?? See what happens when I type too fast!

Suitanim
03-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I see Young as a Titan. Remember that McNair came from a small school and was way behind the curve in things like reading defenses and going through progressions and such, some of the same maladies Vince Young suffers from. If there's a QB in the league who can tutor Young and transalte his athleticism into true NFL QB caliber play, it's Steve McNair.
Lienart then can go to the Raiders. He can stay close to Hollywood in case all the hype pans out...

RoethlisBURGHer
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I see Young as a Titan. Remember that McNair came from a small school and was way behind the curve in things like reading defenses and going through progressions and such, some of the same maladies Vince Young suffers from. If there's a QB in the league who can tutor Young and transalte his athleticism into true NFL QB caliber play, it's Steve McNair.
Lienart then can go to the Raiders. He can stay close to Hollywood in case all the hype pans out...

Yes,but the offensive coordinator from USC's ONE-pete (HAHA) is the OC for the Titans.So Leinart already knows the system that is in tact and what is asked of him.I also don't think Norm Chow's system will fit Vince Young's style of play.

Livinginthe past
03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
I think Ramsey is an excellent pick up for the Jets for only a 6th rounder.

Its certainly true that he had joined a team that is beginning a major transition - they could very well go 4-12 this year or similar.

Young to Tennessee has been touted as a sure thing for a long time now - everything makes alot of sense, which means it probably wont pan out that way.

If Oakland go for a QB i'd imagine they will be looking for the guy with the strongest arm - in keeping with the famed 'vertical passing game' that they love so much.

NM