PDA

View Full Version : NEW PLAYERS

tim686
03-17-2006, 04:52 PM
What do you guys think of the two players signed?

pucho58
03-17-2006, 08:50 PM
great now we need to get a big rb

83-Steelers-43
03-17-2006, 10:55 PM
While I felt Hope was a solid FS at best, I'm very content with the Clark signing. I think he will fill in very nicely for Hope. Let the Titans overpay him.

Beside Clark, I'm not exactly sure about the other signing your referring to. If you mean Bailey? He's depth. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tankus_Maximus
03-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm particularly interested to see how Keisel fills in. He's really emerged as a special teams ace the past couple of seasons. I think with his speed he can be a "poor mans" Freeney-esque DE.

tony hipchest
03-22-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm particularly interested to see how Keisel fills in. He's really emerged as a special teams ace the past couple of seasons. I think with his speed he can be a "poor mans" Freeney-esque DE.i think its been overlooked who will fill in for keisel on special teams. they could drop a notch if hes no longer gonna play on them.

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-22-2006, 02:03 PM
i think its been overlooked who will fill in for keisel on special teams. they could drop a notch if hes no longer gonna play on them.Thats one area we can't afford to "drop a notch".

Tankus_Maximus
03-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Good point in regards to the void on Special Teams by the loss of Keisel. Everytime I saw a punt/kickoff this year I saw either BK, Kriewaldt, and/or Chidi Iwuoma makin the stop. I'm sure Cowher's got someone lined up to fill the void.

TasmanianTroy271
03-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm sure we'll end up getting someone who can shine on ST in the draft. Hell, Frazier did good on ST's last year, and he was just a Rookie Free Agent.

Tankus_Maximus
03-25-2006, 09:33 AM
I agree with the earlier post, now we need a big RB. Anybody see anyone in the draft that might fill this need? Lendale White?

BlackNGold203
03-25-2006, 09:36 AM
why does everyone think we need this big RB????

Staley will be fine...playing bussies role....

They'll address RB in the draft...but not in the 1st round

clevestinks
03-25-2006, 07:41 PM
why does everyone think we need this big RB????

Staley will be fine...playing bussies role....

They'll address RB in the draft...but not in the 1st round

To answer your question! Staley is the most unreliable back in th entire league, I hope he can play the bussies role! Cross your fingers.

Tankus_Maximus
03-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I had high hopes for Staley when he signed, but seems like every year around week 4 or 5 he gets hurt and misses the rest of the season. And with Parker (I thought should've been SB MVP) it's either feast or famine. First couple of games he looked like he was going to be a record breaking RB, but then D's started sniffing him out and he couldn't get near 100 yards. I love the guy to death, but he's a change of pace, around the edge kinda back. If there isn't a hole for him to explode through, he's lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage. It'd be nice to have a big bruiser back there ala Jamal Lewis/Bettis, and then throw Fast Willie around the edge when D's are still licking their wounds from the bruiser. Just my thoughts. And again, I think he should've gotten the MVP.