PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead,Saints @ home!

SoCalFan
10-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Looks like we will be visiting a pissed off/embarassed Saints team out to prove they are still elite,chime in!:popcorn:

ZoneBlitzer
10-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I am already worried about this game and the season. I think the D is over-rated right now. And now, with the loss of Smith and Troy's less than stellar play, I am concerned that they will get exposed in prime time. You know the Saints are going to bring their best for the prime time audience at home. Going forward, I think it's going to be the offense that has to carry the day. I believe that we haven't see the last of the injuries also and suspect that this aging defense will continue to wear down. There's no doubt, this is the biggest game of the year for the Steelers.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Am I the only one who thought McCoy played really well against us. His receivers were more deficient thankfully. Dude went up against the Godfather Dick LeBeau and he had his moments.

Were the Saints looking forward? Is the absence of Reggie Bush a factor? I tend to think no.

It was only a matter of time until the Injury Gods struck us. Way better at 5-1 vs. 3-3 or worse. Halloween. Monday Night. This is an Anything Can Happen game. I'd like to see Mendenhall get more action ala Reggie Bush in this game. Give him the ball in space.

All things considered Max Starks is proving that he is worth every penny. Just a few short years ago the future of the o-line was as bright as Las Vegas housing. Today Las Vegas housing is still crumbling and yet Max Starks added a ring to his finger and is pulling considerable weight. And Kemo? They are battling and they have heart. And this is after Russ Grimm left town. Hmmmmm.

NYC_Steeler
10-25-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm not too confident of our pass defense - we got burned by a rookie last week and Henne was having his way for a good part of the game. I can only imagine how pissed off Brees is with how he played yesterday - he's looking for blood and is going to try and shred the Steelers - all he has to do is look at the last 2 games we played: he's going to be throwing alot of passes down the middle to wide-open receivers. It's a mistake not pressuring him - we seem to lay off the blitz, and wind up giving the QB too much time to throw and they shred us because of it. Can't do that against Brees. Hopefully LeBeau will come up with a good game plan and make good adjustments during the game.

Lady Steel
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Am I the only one who thought McCoy played really well against us.

He played a lot better against us than he did in New Orleans where he only passed for 74 yards. The Browns capitalized on Saints' turnovers yesterday to win them the game.

I'm ambivalent about this week's game against the Saints. I think we can beat them, but after the very ugly game we had yesterday, I have concerns.

steelerdave1969
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
The Saints are a scary team and are still a very good passing team. The Steelers will be exposed next sunday night I am afraid. Our LB's are getting absolutely No Pressure on the opposing QB's and thats gonna kill us vs Brees.

Fire Arians
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
it's not like the saints been impressive this year. don't count us out just yet

losing aaron smith does have me extremely concerned though. last year was proof that he was someone we can ill afford to lose, hopefully ziggy can step up

#1LambertFan
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
4 interceptions vs. the Browns? We as fans need to be confident in our team no matter what. Let the team itself be humble and take some pride. We have the best defense in the NFL and a very good looking offense with a very good runningback and big-play potential, especially in Wallace. When something suffers another part of the team steps up their game. We may not have the most talent but add the emotianal trump card that is heart and I believe we are the best team in history. Homerism... maybe, but it is well-credited.

#1LambertFan
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh I am talking about Brees there if I confused anyone with the 4 interceptions comment.

bornnraisedwhodat
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
As a Saints fan I am not looking forward to this game after what just happened to us Sunday. We got outcoached and outplayed by the freakin Browns!! Steelers are looking like the class of the league right now and Im hoping the Saints can get their act together by Sunday but its a stretch. We have some fundamental problems that need cleaning up i.e. penalties, mental mistakes, and on top of that we got injuries. 3 of our starting CB;s are out and I think we might get 1 back by the time we play u guys. Reggie might play but I doubt he gets much playing time. Pierre Thomas looks like he will be out a few more weeks. Our defense is not producing Turnovers like last year and our offensive line has not played well, and when they dont play well Drew does not play well.

Well, heres to a good game folks. May the better team win!!

Fire Arians
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
As a Saints fan I am not looking forward to this game after what just happened to us Sunday. We got outcoached and outplayed by the freakin Browns!! Steelers are looking like the class of the league right now and Im hoping the Saints can get their act together by Sunday but its a stretch. We have some fundamental problems that need cleaning up i.e. penalties, mental mistakes, and on top of that we got injuries. 3 of our starting CB;s are out and I think we might get 1 back by the time we play u guys. Reggie might play but I doubt he gets much playing time. Pierre Thomas looks like he will be out a few more weeks. Our defense is not producing Turnovers like last year and our offensive line has not played well, and when they dont play well Drew does not play well.

looks like both our teams have their concerns and key players banged up. although yesterday's game was a win for us, i can't say I'm pleased with how we've been playing. After Aaron smith left the game, the dolphins started running the ball on us successfully, not good news that bush is coming back

the saints have had a rough season but i'm not ready to sleep on them, they have shown a couple times this year that they are still capable of playing at that championship level when they have their shit together. hopefully that doesn't happen against us though ;)

with that said, thanks for kicking peyton manning's ass last year, i can't stand him

bornnraisedwhodat
10-25-2010, 04:40 PM
with that said, thanks for kicking peyton manning's ass last year, i can't stand him

Haha, yeah that was great.

But the NFL is just strange this year, its like nobody is really dominating out there especially in the NFC. I think the AFC will still come down to you guys, Jets, Ravens, New England, maybe KC, Chargers if they get their shit together.

NYC_Steeler
10-25-2010, 05:04 PM
This game could very well turn out to be a loss for us - especially if our pass coverage plays the way it did against Miami. Drew Brees is royally pissed and will conduct an all-out aerial assault against what many have found out: our pass coverage is weak. They can get yardages in bunches by throwing it right down the middle - where we don't seem to guard anyone. Tackling someone after they've already caught the ball and got the 1st down is not very productive. Now that Aaron Smith is lost for the year (again!), look for them to try and run against whomever is replacing him. Make no mistake, this is a very dangerous Saints team we will be playing. LeBeau and Co. better come up with some great plays (blitzes) and the players better make sure they carry them out perfectly or else this will be a very long day indeed.

SteelCityMom
10-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Yeah, I doubt there are many of us who are too confident that the Steelers will win either. I'm always hopeful, but injuries are starting to pile up and our pass defense has been lacking. Not what you want when you're facing Drew Brees lol.

It'll be a fun game either way though...can't wait to see (and hear) the crowd on Halloween night!

Here's to a good game and NO MORE INJURIES! :drink:

hammy36
10-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome WhoDat! I'm wondering if the "just won a super bowl bug" is going around in New Orleans this year. Some of what you say kind of sounds like the Steelers I watched last year. Not to mention every team is gunning for you each week..."we're playing the champs this week, let's get 'em"...so you get everyone's best. I myself am a little worried about next week simply because NO lost last week, it's at the Super Dome and it's freaking 10/31! Not to mention our new found injuries on the D. Hoping for the best, from our side of course.

Steel_Bus_24
10-25-2010, 05:47 PM
If we bring the same level of play from Miami to NO, we'll be smoked by 13 or more

If we turn it over, we're done..........likewise if we don't get at least 2 turnovers I think we lose as well

This has shootout written all over it......and that buffoon BA won't be able to resist running those long time consuming routes........which will get Ben sacked 4+ times

cloppbeast
10-25-2010, 06:05 PM
I must take these threads with a grain of salt. Seems like with every game somebody always creates an "I'm Worried" thread, even for the lowly Browns.

Based on conventional wisdom, the defending Super Bowl champs should be as worthy of causing anxiety as any, but I was honestly more worried about Miami and Baltimore.

The Saints just aren't as good as last year at all, and frankly they look mediocre at 4-3. Their four wins have come against the 1-5 49ers, and 2-4 pre-Moss Minnesota Vikings, the 1-5 Carolina Panthers - all decided by less than 5 points - and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Not very convincing.

They've gotten beat by Max Hall in his first start, and Colt McCoy in his second - just imagine what Ben will do to them.

Also, this really is probably the least important game to this point for the Steelers. A non-divisional, non-conference game will not make or break a season. It didn't matter last year when they beat Vikings and Packers, even though they were both great wins, because they went 6-6 against the AFC and 2-4 against the AFC North.

So, in short, no I'm not worried about this game.

SH-Rock
10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Well one thing we learned is that the Saints are prone to trickery so we can have Brown back in try the reverse kick return? But it's not the defense we should worry about it's Rashard Mendenhall. He could barely run against a mediocre run defense. Also more pass rush which I think there will be a lot this week because the Saints have no RB and the Steelers will force the Saints to make dumb mistakes like Brees did with Browns.

I'm telling you it's the Madden Curse

austinfrench76
10-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm extremely confused by all of the "doom and gloom" talk. WTF happened to this form?!
We have a tremendous team and like any great, Superbowl team, we will have to overcome injuries. BFD, go Steelers!!!!

SteelCityMom
10-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm extremely confused by all of the "doom and gloom" talk. WTF happened to this form?!
We have a tremendous team and like any great, Superbowl team, we will have to overcome injuries. BFD, go Steelers!!!!

Of course we have a great team, but people are going to voice their concerns. Nothing wrong with that.

I think you're confusing doom and gloom with realism.

tony hipchest
10-25-2010, 10:42 PM

"unfortunately" the old constingency on this board has departed.

then again, they are the same group who says you just plug in steve mcclendon and expect the team to do just as well, so we may be better off w/o them. :thumbsup:

but i agree. now is not the time to act like we lost smith AND troy. even if we did, i think we are much more solid at defensive backups, and if arians wants to keep his job, i think he will coach as half the moron he did last year.

we are in much better shape.

steelerohio
10-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I do have concerns about this game: Saints wanting to prove themselves after losing to the Browns. Nothing to say they can't use that game as motivation and bounce back for this game on Sunday night.

I am expecting a close game and (wearing Steelers glasses here) I believe the Steelers will pull it off.

Fire Arians
10-25-2010, 11:40 PM
i don't think there's anything to do with doom and gloom but the future doesn't look as bright losing aaron smith. if you don't believe his loss is huge then just look at what happened to the run defense last year when he was injured.

that and the effort against miami wasn't great. we will need to play better than that to beat the saints.

NYC_Steeler
10-26-2010, 05:14 AM
It's not doom and gloom - it's called being realistic. I'm not one of those fans who walks around with rose-colored glasses. I'm very optimistic that we have a good team - it's just that I've seen how poorly they've defended against the pass these last 2 games, and with a gunslinger like Brees coming up who's looking for blood, the D is going to have play flawlessy. There's a big difference between being a realist and a Homer - just ask Yankees and Phillies fans.