PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl bound...

steelersalaska
10-25-2010, 04:08 AM
come on... don't any of you guys pay attention to the real world?

First off let me say that I've been a Pittsburgh fan since 1971... those early years are a tad foggy but I saw the "Immaculate Reception" live. On that note, I've noticed a few things over the years in this "game". I've noticed that when Pittsburgh gets any major call that get's them the win... they end up in the big game.

Today we got one of those calls. I also predict we will get another "good" call against the Pats... wanna bet? Pittsburgh will be in the Super Bowl this year... it's a little jaded.... they're good for the revenue.

On another note high fives to Ike for coverage, Ward for being gifted, and Ben for being Ben.

NYC_Steeler
10-25-2010, 05:56 AM
come on... don't any of you guys pay attention to the real world?

First off let me say that I've been a Pittsburgh fan since 1971... those early years are a tad foggy but I saw the "Immaculate Reception" live. On that note, I've noticed a few things over the years in this "game". I've noticed that when Pittsburgh gets any major call that get's them the win... they end up in the big game.

Today we got one of those calls. I also predict we will get another "good" call against the Pats... wanna bet? Pittsburgh will be in the Super Bowl this year... it's a little jaded.... they're good for the revenue.

On another note high fives to Ike for coverage, Ward for being gifted, and Ben for being Ben.

I'd love to see them in the SB - but after yesterday's fiasco, they sure don't look like a SB-bound team. Mind-boggling and truly dumb mistakes, poor pass coverage, and Aaron Smith goes down yet again. We've got a very tough schedule coming up - Saints and Bengals are looking to redeem themselves in a big way, followed by the Patriots. No easy task, to be sure. We can talk SB after those games.

jjpro11
10-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Smith going down is what could cost us a Super Bowl.. but when it comes down to it, there is no dominant team in the AFC, or NFC for that matter. every team is flawed.

SteelCityMom
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Thou shalt not perform jinxies on the Steelers.

That is all.

Fire Arians
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
I have to see them stop the run effectively without aaron smith before i make any predictions. we all saw what happened last year when smith got injured...

ZoneBlitzer
10-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Down the stretch, I wouldn't expect the defense to carry the day. For this team to get it done, the offense has to step up and mature. That means sustaining drives and playing more consistently. They need to master situational football from here on out. Ben can also no longer be careless about ball security. His attitude towards ball security has a negative effect on the club. They need to continue to focus on takeaways and do away with the giveaways.

Lady Steel
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Of course I would love to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but I don't believe in putting the cart before the horse. On any given Sunday and all that jive. We need to take it one game at a time.

stb_steeler
10-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Pressure on the opposing QB would be nice.

steelerdave1969
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Pressure on the opposing QB would be nice.

Best post by far. I seen No Pressure from our LB's pretty much all day. And for those that say that Woodley being out didnt hurt us is obviously not paying attention. I love what I saw from Worilds, but Foote is No Surprise to me taking over back inside. He is a great player that always played well in our scheme. Now moving Timmons outside took away from him having a big game like we are used to seeing him have this season so far. I hope he gets back to the inside soon and Woodley comes back soon as well. Seems to me like that LeBeau is taking our LB's into coverage more than usual, and then the QB's just sit back and love life. IF The Steelers Do That VS The Saints Next Sunday Night We Will Lose to The Saints and Brees will have 400 Yards Passing on Us.

Raw Steel
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM
The good news is that New Orleans can't run the ball. We can go in and win that game. After that, i expect teams like the Bungles, Jets, Ratbirds, Raiders and even the Brownies to pound the football on us without Aaron Smith in there. Guys like Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood could determine our fate and after watching last season, I am a little nervous.

stb_steeler
10-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Best post by far. I seen No Pressure from our LB's pretty much all day. And for those that say that Woodley being out didnt hurt us is obviously not paying attention. I love what I saw from Worilds, but Foote is No Surprise to me taking over back inside. He is a great player that always played well in our scheme. Now moving Timmons outside took away from him having a big game like we are used to seeing him have this season so far. I hope he gets back to the inside soon and Woodley comes back soon as well. Seems to me like that LeBeau is taking our LB's into coverage more than usual, and then the QB's just sit back and love life. IF The Steelers Do That VS The Saints Next Sunday Night We Will Lose to The Saints and Brees will have 400 Yards Passing on Us.

We will have to pressure Bree's all day or hope he gives us gifts like he did to the Browns....