PDA

View Full Version : Post Wk 7 Steeler Fever Power Rankings

SteelKnight
10-25-2010, 11:10 PM
OK.

I'd like to get more participation. Even though I still intend the Power rankings to be top 15, if you only feel comfortable ranking your top 5, go head and do that.

Part of the fun of it is comparing your lists to your other posters.

These Power rankings are "Who is most likely to win the Super Bowl?"

Here is mine:

1. Pittsburgh -they have room to get better. The others should be nervous. Pass D still bad (24th) and no pass rush. (no change)
2. NY Jets - They are for real (no change)
3. Indy - If they can get their D together, they have a shot (up 1)
4. Baltimore - more trouble with buffalo than necessary (down 1)
5. NE - More human without Moss. Belichick is still their coach. Don't count them out completely. (no change)
6. GB - beatable but still good (up 1 spot)
7. Atlanta - formidable (up 2 spots)
8. New Orleans -the Steelers will be a good test for them this week (down 2)
9. NY Giants -still with lots of mistakes but looking better (up 1 spot)
10. Tennessee -fighters in a tough AFC (up 2 spots)
11. Philadelphia - They missed DJ. He better get back soon (down 3)
12. Houston -next week we'll find out if they are for real (up 1 spot)
13. Tampa Bay -still not impressed (new)
14. Miami -tough loss. They will need to go on a run to get in. (no change)
15. KC-It looks like they have a chance to make the playoffs with their easy schedule coming up but they will not win the Super bowl. (new)

TOOLofSTEEL
10-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Lions are #1 obviously. Nobody else matters, imo.

Merchant
10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
1. Pittsburgh - the most complete team in the NFL. Top 5 QB, Top 5 Defense, Potential for a Top 5 Offense with Ben Back. Solid Special Teams. Best Coaching Staff in the league.

2. NY Jets - Solid team at almost every level. They still have a Joker in Mark Sanchez who still displays the inconsistencies of a Sophomore QB and who still is not ready to take complete control of the offense. This is the main reason why they are No. 2 to the Steelers. Keep in mind that they got saved by a HUGE pass interference penalty in Denver, who ended up giving up 59 points to Oakland the following week.

3. NY Giants - Started off slow but now are firing on all cylinders. Eli Manning is a very solid QB, with a rising young receiving corps, and a solid run-game. Fierce pass rush that has knocked out 5 QBs already.

4. Atlanta Falcons - The combination of Matt Ryan and Roddy White is lethal. They have a high-flying offense and are extremely tough at home. The defense, particularly the secondary, needs improvement.

5. Baltimore - On paper, they have a star-studded cast with excellent veteran leaders like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. However, their defense has not lived up to the usual ravens standard. They gave up over 500 yards to the only winless team in the league, and were saved by a blown-call (forward progress) in OT. That alone is cause for concern.

SteelKnight
10-31-2010, 12:22 PM
1. Pittsburgh - the most complete team in the NFL. Top 5 QB, Top 5 Defense, Potential for a Top 5 Offense with Ben Back. Solid Special Teams. Best Coaching Staff in the league.

2. NY Jets - Solid team at almost every level. They still have a Joker in Mark Sanchez who still displays the inconsistencies of a Sophomore QB and who still is not ready to take complete control of the offense. This is the main reason why they are No. 2 to the Steelers. Keep in mind that they got saved by a HUGE pass interference penalty in Denver, who ended up giving up 59 points to Oakland the following week.

3. NY Giants - Started off slow but now are firing on all cylinders. Eli Manning is a very solid QB, with a rising young receiving corps, and a solid run-game. Fierce pass rush that has knocked out 5 QBs already.

4. Atlanta Falcons - The combination of Matt Ryan and Roddy White is lethal. They have a high-flying offense and are extremely tough at home. The defense, particularly the secondary, needs improvement.

5. Baltimore - On paper, they have a star-studded cast with excellent veteran leaders like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. However, their defense has not lived up to the usual ravens standard. They gave up over 500 yards to the only winless team in the league, and were saved by a blown-call (forward progress) in OT. That alone is cause for concern.

My problem with the Gaints is all the mistakes.

theplatypus
10-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Pass D still bad (24th) and no pass rush. (no change)

Every time I see this it makes me want too:banging: