PDA

View Full Version : roethlisburgers league leading stats through 2 games

tony hipchest
10-26-2010, 08:18 PM
his 122 passer rating is 20 points higher than the next closest- peyton manning and ryan fitzpatrick are right around 102-103.

his 10+ yards / attempt completely obliterate the next closest (p. rivers at 8.7).

sure its only 2 games and he has only faced miami and the browns, however they made 2 of the top qb's from last year (brees & brett favre) look pedestrian.

even if you throw in batch's and dixon's numbers, the steelers as a whole are 2nd in YPA and th in passer rating.

considering ben is still shaking off some rust and "leaving plays on the field", i would say these stats DO mean something and are a good indicator of things to come. :tt:

jjpro11
10-26-2010, 09:11 PM
thank you Mike Wallace. :chuckle:

mikegrimey
10-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Don't know how much that passer rating stat means considering Ryan Fitzpatrick is 3rd.

Ben is looking good thus far, the rust from the passing seemed to be gone against Miami, he just has to hold onto the ball.

Let me add that every team has made Brett Favre look pedestrian.

Merchant
10-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah Ben's been killing it. He should have his best game of the season Sunday in that dome and after having 2 games to shake off the rust.

zulater
10-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Why the surprise?, Ben's been an elite quarterback for a number of years now. He does seem to be throwing the deep ball with more accuracy this year though.

tony hipchest
10-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Don't know how much that passer rating stat means considering Ryan Fitzpatrick is 3rd.

Ben is looking good thus far, the rust from the passing seemed to be gone against Miami, he just has to hold onto the ball.

fitzpatrick averages 242 ypg with 63% completion... 11 td/4int (same as brady and orton) and 7.6 ypa, so its not like he stumbled across that passer rating or is dink'n and dunk'n his way to achieve it.

obviously it means he's making the most of his attempts about as well as anyone else.

did i mention he is 26th in the league with 126 attempts? 17 guys got more than 200. drew brees has 287 with 14 td and 10 int.

only 6 guys have more than his 11 td. :noidea:

the harvard kid is quietly having a damn good year, so far.

MikeHaullace
10-26-2010, 11:29 PM
He does seem to be throwing the deep ball with more accuracy this year though.

Absolutely. His wobbly have-to-run-back-and-get ducks were getting old. Looks like the long-ball spiral has tightened up. I'm sure it has everything to do with the work he put in while suspended. The deep ball is considerably different this year than those of last season and on.

SoCalFan
10-26-2010, 11:41 PM
What do you mean he has ONLY faced the Dolfins and Browns?Those are 2 pretty good defenses.Yes he looks like a better QB for sure,time will tell but I am confident he will continue.Attribute alot to the o-line!!!

tony hipchest
10-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Why the surprise?, Ben's been an elite quarterback for a number of years now. He does seem to be throwing the deep ball with more accuracy this year though.no suprise here.

ive been giving statistical updates of our offense, defense, and players such as mendenhall, wallace, timmons and ben since the preseason. :noidea:

What do you mean he has ONLY faced the Dolfins and Browns?Those are 2 pretty good defenses.

exactly

NYC_Steeler
10-27-2010, 09:23 AM

But you have to take into consideration the lousy team Fitzaptrick is on and don't forget - he lit up the Ravens BIG TIME - if not for a late mistake, he would've beaten them too.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-27-2010, 11:04 AM
The good thing about fitz is, hopefully he showed up the glaring weakness on the passing plays. Will be good to see the same stuff utilized when we play them next.

Ben just needs to check the cape every now and than. When you have 2 guys hugging you, give it up and go down, dont try to pass the ball, lol.

MattsMe
10-27-2010, 11:33 AM
When you have 2 guys hugging you, give it up and go down,

That's a sexual assault charge just waiting to happen.

mikegrimey
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
But you have to take into consideration the lousy team Fitzaptrick is on and don't forget - he lit up the Ravens BIG TIME - if not for a late mistake, he would've beaten them too.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I wasn't trying to belittle Fitzpatrick's good performances in the games against BA and NE, but was just pointing out that leading the league in passer rating, or being near the top, doesn't mean much of anything. The passer rating is a bizarre statistic category, people typically bring it up when it makes who they support look good but deride it when it does otherwise.

zulater
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/29966/grading-ben-roethlisberger

HAWK
10-28-2010, 10:03 AM
This is not good....at least according to some on this board.

We should run the ball EVERY down.

wootawnee
10-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Take those stats and stick em up yer @$$..... Give me a ring.........Start running the power run game more, cause thats what we will need to win the next one.........We need some better redzone action too......

HAWK
10-28-2010, 02:50 PM
See?

ricardisimo
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
fitzpatrick averages 242 ypg with 63% completion... 11 td/4int (same as brady and orton) and 7.6 ypa, so its not like he stumbled across that passer rating or is dink'n and dunk'n his way to achieve it.

obviously it means he's making the most of his attempts about as well as anyone else.

did i mention he is 26th in the league with 126 attempts? 17 guys got more than 200. drew brees has 287 with 14 td and 10 int.

only 6 guys have more than his 11 td. :noidea:

the harvard kid is quietly having a damn good year, so far.
I remember him beating us when he was a Bengal (or coming damned close.)

ricardisimo
10-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear I wasn't trying to belittle Fitzpatrick's good performances in the games against BA and NE, but was just pointing out that leading the league in passer rating, or being near the top, doesn't mean much of anything. The passer rating is a bizarre statistic category, people typically bring it up when it makes who they support look good but deride it when it does otherwise.
You mean like you're doing right now, right? :chuckle:

stb_steeler
10-28-2010, 03:25 PM
thank you Mike Wallace. :chuckle:

I would love to see more big plays with Wallace....:tt02:

Bradshaw'sHairdresser
10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Good thing they don't factor fumbles into the passer ratings.

mikegrimey
10-28-2010, 05:07 PM
You mean like you're doing right now, right? :chuckle:

Afraid not. I've never touted the passer rating to make a point, and I'm not deriding it here by any means, just mentioning it's relative uselessness in truly determining how good a quarterback has been playing.
Please have some cause next time before you make baseless accusations.

And the Bengals didn't come close to beating us in either of the 08 games in which Fitzpatrick was their QB. They kept the first game relatively close until the 4th quarter but were never a threat to win the game.