PDA

View Full Version : Which one of you is posting over at Saintsreport?

CargoJon
10-27-2010, 01:51 PM
So I saw that thread over on Saintsreport.com where there's a mod here posting over there under the screen name SteelerTooth Tony.

Show thyself! :chuckle:

Seriously, I've read through the thread, and should tell you - I've been reading over there since 2006 or so (my wife is a huge Saints fan - I am too when they're not playing the Stillers...) and some of those cats over there are simply too dumb for their own good.

I was a member over there for years, then got banned. Their mods have a hair trigger and are inconsistent as hell in their moderation.

At any rate, about 3/4 of the folks over there are 19 year olds who can't remember when John Elway was in the league. There's a handful over there are are genuinely good people and know their football, but the majority are pimple-faced potheads posting from their mom's basement. They're terrible homers (I remember a 20 page thread trying to state how Eli was a better QB than Ben :rofl:) and with the super bowl win last year it's just gotten worse.

A lot of them have developed Patriots syndrome - where you get pissed every year you don't win the super bowl. I remember in 2006 telling my wife (when we were struggling and playing bad football all year) that if a bad year in 2006 was the price I had to pay for the SBXL win, I was willing to accept it happily. A lot of those cats just don't get it.

Anyway, enjoy your time over there.

Here's link for anyone who cares.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180985

ETA: Here's a little of what I'm talking about- they will sit and piss and moan about "black and gold" saying that we're black and yellow and they're the only black and gold team. But talk to them about LSU....and well they're certainly purple and gold, and don't tell them otherwise. Anyone seen LSU's uni's lately???

Fire Arians
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
i dont go to other people's boards. i see no point in arguing with people who you'll probably never see after the game anyway

stb_steeler
10-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Me either, whats the point. :noidea:

Merchant
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
"I just hope the Steelers don't bring the officiating crew that called their game against the Dolphins.

Oh, and tell Big Ben to stay his fat*** away from our womenz."

I lol'd at that

SteelCityMom
10-27-2010, 02:59 PM
It's fun sometimes to talk a little smack with other teams fans. Sometimes it breaks up the monotony of arguing with your own teams fans. :chuckle:

Most of them seem pretty cool...there's a couple I would slap in the face though I'm sure.

Tony, you seem to have found the perfect mix of respect and smack though...kudos for that. Just make sure to tell them that the game will be so tough and hard fought that Peyton will need 5 packs of juicy fruit and an ice pack on his jaw the next day. They'll know what it means (if they're real fans).

CargoJon
10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Here's my favorite so far:

"Your team is going to get owned this weekend."

They've been saying that before the Arizona game, the Cleveland game, etc.........even the Panthers game they won by a field goal.

Some of those guys remind me of the guy that scores a TD and then does some hot doggy dance....what's the expression, "act like you've been there before" ?

tony hipchest
10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
i got banned already...

:chuckle:

appearantly for calling out a mod. :rolleyes:

MasterOfPuppets
10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
troll...:popcorn:

you did get off 22 posts....nice run.

wootawnee
10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
You guys need to get out away from your computers more often........
.Come-on man..........

SteelCityMom
10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
You guys need to get out away from your computers more often........
.Come-on man..........

What the hell do you care when and where people post.

You need to take the stick out of your ass...so there.

SteelCityMom
10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
i got banned already...

Jeez...what sensitive little souls they are. Reminds me of something else, can't quite put my finger on it....:scratchchin:

CargoJon
10-27-2010, 05:14 PM
i got banned already...

They are ban-happy as hell over there.

I got banned literally because some guy was making fun of the fact that my wife and I had lost a baby....and I didn't even rail that hard on him in the thread - I went to the mods about it to report it.

That site's fun to read but theirs mods are dicks of the highest order, making it a god-awful place to try to be a member of. It's this hit-and-miss moderation. Kind of like an Ed Hochuli-officiated game. :chuckle:

urgle burgle
10-27-2010, 05:18 PM
i read the thread and it was uber-gay to get banned for comparing "who dat" and "who dey".

but, sir, you were just TOO close. ahahahahahahhhhhhhhaa

MasterOfPuppets
10-27-2010, 05:25 PM
What the hell do you care when and where people post.

You need to take the stick out of your ass...so there.
:sofunny: .............:nana:

Fire Arians
10-27-2010, 05:27 PM
who dat dey say dey gon beat da steelers who dat who dat? :P

tony hipchest
10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
They are ban-happy as hell over there.

I got banned literally because some guy was making fun of the fact that my wife and I had lost a baby....and I didn't even rail that hard on him in the thread - I went to the mods about it to report it.

That site's fun to read but theirs mods are dicks of the highest order, making it a god-awful place to try to be a member of. It's this hit-and-miss moderation. Kind of like an Ed Hochuli-officiated game. :chuckle:

:mad: that is *&^%$!^ed up!

i didnt even know i was responding to a mod. maybe if he wasnt being such a nitpicking, flaming troll it woulda been more obvious.

as a mod here, i can certainly say if i was being such an asshole to a new fan of an opposing team and got the same response i would laugh it off and either engage the debate or leave them be. :noidea:

then again, as mods we are generally welcoming and dont act like a bunch of wussies who cant be challenged.

CargoJon
10-27-2010, 06:17 PM
:mad: that is *&^%$!^ed up!

i didnt even know i was responding to a mod. maybe if he wasnt being such a nitpicking, flaming troll it woulda been more obvious.

as a mod here, i can certainly say if i was being such an asshole to a new fan of an opposing team and got the same response i would laugh it off and either engage the debate or leave them be. :noidea:

then again, as mods we are generally welcoming and dont act like a bunch of wussies who cant be challenged.

Yeah, I'm a mod on a large, non-football related board elsewhere and we don't act like self-righteous jagoffs like those guys do. Unless of course somebody gets openly shitty with us and then all bets are off. :chuckle:

fer522
10-27-2010, 06:30 PM
i got banned already...

appearantly for calling out a mod.

you're my hero bro

CargoJon
10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I got banned from an Eagles board last year because some a-hole was making jokes about Katrina and I made a joke about Jim Johnson who had just passed away.

I'm like - OK, apparently mocking hundreds of deaths and the obliteration of an entire region by natural disaster is OK, but god forbid we bring up the dearly departed defensive coordinator....

kirklandrules
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Kinda funny listening to that old bastard rant. Listen carefully and you'll hear the Pittsburgh accent!

tony hipchest
10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
wow. looks like i was a hit over there.

a number of posters are questioning why i was banned, saying i did nothing worthy of a ban, and noting how people get away with far worse and not even have an eyebrow raised.

members have even requested to have the ban lifted. a number of the posts questioning the mod have already been deleted. the members posting them have probably been banned as well.

they should change the name to saintsuniverse. :doh:

Kinda funny listening to that old bastard rant. Listen carefully and you'll hear the Pittsburgh accent!

:chuckle: crazy old bastard.

Wallace108
10-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Reminds me of something else, can't quite put my finger on it....:scratchchin:

Put your finger ON it or IN it? :noidea: I just want some clarification. :chuckle:

And tony getting banned? That almost never happens. :popcorn:

SteelCityMom
10-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Put your finger ON it or IN it? :noidea: I just want some clarification. :chuckle:

You want my finger where?! :horror:

tony hipchest
10-27-2010, 11:46 PM

:chuckle: im just thankful that the mods here dont have a stick 3 feet up their ass like on other boards.

pete and scm are about as laid back as you could hope for and a little heated difference of opinion isnt considered a sin.

Wallace108
10-27-2010, 11:49 PM
You want my finger where?! :horror:

Get your mind out of the gutter, Mom. :sofunny:

http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/img/nose_picki_m1780831.jpg

Wallace108
10-27-2010, 11:54 PM
:chuckle: im just thankful that the mods here dont have a stick 3 feet up their ass like on other boards.

You guys are talking about sticking fingers and sticks in places I don't feel comfortable with. :doh:
I think I'm heading over to the Saints board where it's safer. :chuckle:

CargoJon
10-28-2010, 09:01 AM
You guys are talking about sticking fingers and sticks in places I don't feel comfortable with. :doh:
I think I'm heading over to the Saints board where it's safer. :chuckle:

It ain't safer there my friend.

That place is a moderation mess.

Interesting fun fact:

The word retard is on their censorship software. Post the word "retard" over there, and it comes out ******