PDA

View Full Version : Flossel Adams

fer522
10-27-2010, 07:53 PM
what grade will you give him so far? I know when we was signed i did not really like it because of all the negative talk from the socalled experts,(everybody was talking about his age and all the penalties) but you know what i think he's playin very good ball and I hope that the injury is not gonna keep him out for this week's game.:wave:
:tt03::tt03:

SteelCityMom
10-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Our run game will be completely non-existent again if he is out this week. So with that considered, I hope he gets better real soon.

I guess I'd give him a B-. He's good in the run game, but takes too many penalties.

MattsMe
10-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Our run game will be completely non-existent again if he is out this week. So with that considered, I hope he gets better real soon.

I guess I'd give him a B-. He's good in the run game, but takes too many penalties.

They even called his number for holding in Miami when he wasn't even on the field.

kirklandrules
10-27-2010, 08:24 PM

I actually expected more penalties and sacks from his side than what we've seen. This was a great signing by the Steelers. He had $0 in guaranteed money so it was a no risk deal for the team. And when you look at his statements, he really wanted to play for the Steelers ... cause they are a competitive team (unlike the cowgirls).

theplatypus
10-28-2010, 04:59 AM
I think Legurskey had more penalties in Miami than Flozell has had all season.

DoubleYoi
10-28-2010, 08:22 AM
I think Legurskey had more penalties in Miami than Flozell has had all season.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one thinking this.

mikegrimey
10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I think he's only gotten 1 false start and 1 holding called on him all year, could be wrong I don't really know just trying to go off of memory, but those personal fouls that he got so famous for in Dallas have been virtually non existent and, true to his game in the past, he is a gigantic force over there, it was a good signing for sure.

I was worried about his ankles holding up all season though so hopefully this injury is a slight one and he can get back on the field.

steelerdave1969
10-28-2010, 08:47 AM
The Steelers running game was nonexistent against the Dolphins game thats for sure. I hope that Flozzell Adams is back this week vs the Saints, we will be needing that running game to be Very Effective. If not, Brees is gonna have a field day with our secondary.
I give Flozzell a B for his play so far.

steelerchad
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM
He's a road grader for sure. I give him an A in run blocking and a C in pass blocking. He's filled in for Colon very well and I don't think his penalties have been a big issue. I believe he and Pouncey are the reason 3rd and 1 is not such a scary down and distance any more.

CargoJon
10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT4ASkwSgoO1lYFPBDtD7spHtOt9LZG Vr4iOFmLh4D5oOcv70&t=1&usg=__sMddqK_dDOaAwruRfgkwRVaBZys=

:chuckle:

HAWK
10-28-2010, 11:21 AM
A friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and is pissed at how Adams is playing so well for us when he had a FS every snap in Dallas.

jjpro11
10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
he's been an upgrade over Colon.. every bit as good a run blocker as Colon, better pass blocker, and without all the stupid penalties Colon committed.

CargoJon
10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
A friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and is pissed at how Adams is playing so well for us when he had a FS every snap in Dallas.

It's all in the coaching. Seriously.

Steelerfreak58
10-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Considering he is playing on the opposite side he played his entire career and we saw what happened to the run game in Miami without him. I give him...

A Run Blocking

B Pass Blocking

I think he was an upgrade over Colon and came in and has worked hard to pick up the new position for the TEAM. The guy seems to be a really TEAM oriented player and that is Steeler football at its finest.

wootawnee
10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
5 -1 with the Hotel......That ain't too shabby.........

theplatypus
10-28-2010, 04:18 PM
It would be sweet if Colon was healthy. Pouncy-Colon-Flo would be a monstrous right side.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-28-2010, 04:23 PM
he's been an upgrade over Colon.. every bit as good a run blocker as Colon, better pass blocker, and without all the stupid penalties Colon committed.

Before we go annointing the Hotel as all-pro and throw Colon out the door-- remember that by the raw numbers, Colon was our best offensive lineman (by a wide margin), and that Mendy averaged 4.6 YPC last year mostly running off the right side. Lets give Adams some more time before we forget about Colon...