PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey missed a block

steelerchad
10-28-2010, 02:28 PM
On that failed reverse in Miami. I was at the game and didn't see what happened live. When I watched the game on NFL network it almost looked like Pouncey let him in. This guys playing great for us so far, but that play cost us at least 3 points. Do you think that was a design problem or just a missed assignment?

DoubleYoi
10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
On that failed reverse in Miami. I was at the game and didn't see what happened live. When I watched the game on NFL network it almost looked like Pouncey let him in. This guys playing great for us so far, but that play cost us at least 3 points. Do you think that was a design problem or just a missed assignment?

That reverse was pretty hideous from the start but I don't know if it's fair to say Pouncey left at least 3 points out on the field. Tomlin didn't call a time out and at least try a Hail Mary or long FG after that blown reverse. Maybe Pouncey should've called the time out for him :wink02:

steelerchad
10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
That reverse was pretty hideous from the start but I don't know if it's fair to say Pouncey left at least 3 points out on the field. Tomlin didn't call a time out and at least try a Hail Mary or long FG after that blown reverse. Maybe Pouncey should've called the time out for him :wink02:

I agree Tomlin should have called the timeout. But that reverse cost us a chance at a field goal inside of 50 yards.

LVSteelersfan
10-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah right. A very sloppy trick play design by Arians is not Pouncey's fault. They telegraph those plays so poorly that the other team is always in the backfield waiting. That should have been a straight shot to the end zone to Mike Wallace. I don't think Miami could have stayed with him. Or run Wallace out there to open it up for Heath or Hines so we get a field goal. No idea what goes through AirHeadians mind in those situations. But that play was stupid.

ricardisimo
10-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I say cut him.

SteelCityMom
10-28-2010, 04:00 PM
I say cut him.

God.......you're such a troll.......:chuckle:

theplatypus
10-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I think it was actually Kemo. If I remember correctly Kemo pulled and completely whiffed.

DoubleYoi
10-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I think it was actually Kemo. If I remember correctly Kemo pulled and completely whiffed.

Then he rolled on Carson Palmer's leg and everybody in Cincinnati cried for years.

Merchant
10-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm almost positive it was Legursky who missed that block.

LVSteelersfan
10-28-2010, 11:26 PM
No, it was the ghost of Faneca that missed him. Is there any reason with the line in the shape's its in this year that they shouldn't have tried to get Faneca back after the Jets dropped him? He could have been a good enough player to help shore up that line a little. Or not.

MikeHaullace
10-29-2010, 12:08 AM
That reverse was pretty hideous from the start ...:

It's funny because I remember "WTF is this shit"'ing as the play developed into a failed reverse. Hideous, indeed.

truesteelerfan
10-30-2010, 11:29 AM
How great is it that this is the only complaint I've seen about our ROOKIE starting center??!! If he can stay healthy, I think we've truely found our next great line leader!