PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer Recovering

Webfactor8
03-19-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm a Steelers fan and I'm obligated to hate our conference rivals. As much as I want to see the Bengals, Ratbirds ect. screw up and lose, I felt really bad about Carson's injury. I'm glad that his career won't be ruined by an injury.

Now we can enjoy many more years of the Steelers beating a Palmer led Bengals team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290916

"It's not just like it was a torn ACL," Paulos told the AP. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt."

(Palmer's surgeon, Dr. Lonnie Paulos)

"He did great," Paulos told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "He's already rehabbing. He's a great athlete. He's a stud. He'll be back in a few months."

RoethlisBURGHer
03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Good,maybe then the Bungle fans will stop bitching about the injury.I want him to come back and have a helluva season,minus the two games against us.

83-Steelers-43
03-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I felt really bad about Carson's injury. I'm glad that his career won't be ruined by an injury.

While I am glad to hear that his career was not ruined, I can't really say I felt bad about his injury. It's football. Injuries occur.

CantStop85
03-19-2006, 04:21 PM
I told you guys he was recovering quickly.

Webfactor8
03-19-2006, 04:28 PM
It's football. Injuries occur.

You're right. I'm just glad one of the leagues top QBs didn't have his career ended by having KVO basicly fall on him.

83-Steelers-43
03-19-2006, 04:55 PM
He's going to have happy feet from now on out.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Good,maybe then the Bungle fans will stop bitching about the injury.I want him to come back and have a helluva season,minus the two games against us.
Make that all but 3 games against us........im sure we will see them in the playoffs for years to cime

SteelerzGirl
03-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Good,maybe then the Bungle fans will stop bitching about the injury.

Amen! They'll prob just find something else to bitch about, though...(lol)! :smile:

TexaSteeler
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM

As quickly as Brees, right? It's all exagerated.

clevestinks
03-20-2006, 04:54 AM
Hope he returns 100%! He seems like a descent guy!

DIESELMAN
03-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Paulos, an orthopedic surgeon who has worked with the U.S. Ski Team since 1983, replaced the anterior cruciate ligament, which runs through the middle of the knee and provides stability. He said the medial collateral ligament, which runs along the side of the knee, was damaged "real bad." "On a scale of 1 to 3, it was a 4," he said. "It was off the chart. It was pretty badly damaged -- shredded is the better term." The kneecap dislocated when Palmer was hit, damaging tissue around it. There also was some cartilage damage, he said. Paulos was able to repair the knee without removing pieces of cartilage or soft tissue, a good sign. "The things that were torn could be repaired," he said. "They were not torn beyond repair. So he's got all his parts in there, which is good. We're optimistic, actually."

Heres another surgeon's take on Palmer's knee:
"Carson's injury is a lot more complicated than the average ACL injury," Dr. Colosimo said. "There are multiple ligaments involved and he essentially dislocated his knee. It's a more complicated operation, and a more complicated course of recovery." An eight-to-nine month recovery would mean that Palmer is likely to miss most, if not all of training camp and could conceivably not be ready for the start of the season. We will continue to update his progress throughout the offseason.

Carson tore his MCL and ACL and dislocated his kneecap.......I hope he takes his time and fully recovers before coming back, many players have come back to soon and have gotten reinjured.Palmer is a very talented QB I would hate to see his career cut short because other people were in a hurry to get him back....I wouldn't hold my breath on him making the 2006 season opener but stranger things have happened.I wish him well.....:helmet:

83-Steelers-43
03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380122

"When I step on the field to play Pittsburgh, I'm not going to think, 'Where's Kimo,'" Palmer said.

Well, judging that he doesn't play for us anymore, I would hope not Carson. Even though I'm sure he will always be in the back of your mind no matter who you are playing against.

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 07:35 PM

you sure did.

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 07:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380122

"When I step on the field to play Pittsburgh, I'm not going to think, 'Where's Kimo,'" Palmer said.

carson sure is singing a different tune now isnt he?

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Damnit Tony!!!!! He's healed!!! That's what they are telling me!!!! He's healed!!!! Stop!!!

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Damnit Tony!!!!! He's healed!!! That's what they are telling me!!!! He's healed!!!! Stop!!!

:sofunny: (not at carsons injury, of course, but all the erroneous hogwash spin that surrounded it)

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-16-2006, 07:49 PM

his knee seems to be recovering quickly but the mind is a bit behind in rehab, which I can understand by his comments Sunday night