PDA

View Full Version : Who I like, New Orelans version

mesaSteeler
10-29-2010, 11:56 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
Friday, October 29, 2010

Who I like, New Orelans version

This is truly a tough spot for the Steelers.

New Orleans on Halloween night is not only going to be loud, it's going to be hostile. While Steelers fans often overrun many visiting stadiums, I don't expect that to happen this week.

Saints fans aren't likely to sell tickets for a game pitting the last two Super Bowl champions in one of the biggest night games of the season.

The fact that Brett Keisel and Aaron Smith are both likely out of action also bothers me.

Though we know the Saints won't run the ball a ton, Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason are going to get a workout rushing the passer - with little in the terms of backups behind them.

Also, Smith and Keisel are the two tallest defensive linemen on the roster. Keisel, in particular, has very long arms and is good at batting down passes, something that comes into play against 6-0 Drew Brees.

The other thing that gives me caution is the defending Super Bowl champion factor.

Yes, I know the Saints have struggled, but so did the Steelers in both of their seasons after winning the Super Bowl.

If you remember those seasons, the Steelers invariably lost to lesser teams but somehow got inspired to beat the good ones.

And make no doubt about it, the Steelers will have the full attention of the Saints.

Pittsburgh could certainly win this game and I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers did.

But they aren't going to go 8-0 on the road this season and I like them to win their remaining road games - yes, even at Baltimore Dec. 5.

Take New Orleans, 28-27

posted by Dale Lolley @ 4:20 PM 5 Comments Links to this post
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Woodley, Adams return

The Steelers got some good news Thursday when LaMarr Woodley and Flozell Adams both returned to practice.

It would appear both will be ready to play Sunday at New Orleans.

Brett Keisel (hamstring) is still out - though he could return Friday.

Also missing practice was center Maurkice Pouncey, who was out with an illness. That's perhaps a more troubling issue, especially if he's still sick on Friday.

Rookies need as much preparation as possible, particularly heading into what will be a loud, raucious environment in New Orleans.

Apparently, the league thought so highly of the new, kinder, more gentle James Harrison that it is now giving him gifts.

Harrison was awarded an interception in an official scoring change on Miami's final offensive play last Sunday.

Maybe I was seeing things, but the ball appeared to hit the ground.

It doesn't matter in the context of the game - Miami turned the ball over on downs on the play.

But it could in terms of contract bonuses and such.

The Dolphins, by the way, have already appealed the scoring change.

theplatypus
10-30-2010, 06:18 AM
They were just talking about this game on the NFL Network. At least one of the talking heads expects the Saints to throw 60-70 times Sunday night.

jpa375
10-31-2010, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=theplatypus;860545]They were just talking about this game on the NFL Network. At least one of the talking heads expects the Saints to throw 60-70 times Sunday night.[/Q

Who gives a rats ass

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't think most offenses even manage 60-70 total plays per game, do they?