PDA

View Full Version : Fines... Fines... everbody's Fined...

steelersalaska
10-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Keeping quiet has cost receiver Randy Moss $25,000.

The NFL fined the Minnesota Vikings' star wide receiver Friday for failing to cooperate with the news media. Players' contracts specify they must make themselves available to the media at specific times each week. Moss previously spoke with the media Oct. 13, then declined interviews after a victory Oct. 17 against Dallas, throughout last week leading up to a loss at Green Bay, and after the defeat.

Moss also declined to be available this week despite being in high demand because the Vikings visit New England, for whom Moss played the past three seasons.

The Patriots traded him to Minnesota earlier this month.

Teammate tackle Phil Loadholt was fined $20,000 for a facemask Sunday night against Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews. Loadholt drew a 15-yard penalty.

Also being fined Friday was Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, $15,000 for a late hit on Seahawks receiver Mike Williams, which also drew a penalty.

Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was fined $7,500 for striking Bears offensive lineman J'Marcus Webb away from the play during teammate DeAngelo Hall's 92-yard touchdown run with an interception.

That above came from the Post Gazette. Below is all me.

Mr. Harrison seems to have gotten off cheap as a facemask gets $20 G. (joking.. we all know his hits were legal)

Here's my idea. If the NFL is sooo concerned about player safety, assemble a group of active players from within the league. Say maybe 7 or 9 or 11 players from different teams and divisions, offensive and defensive positions, and allow that panel to judge which hits are illegal or not. And if/when fines are deemed appropriate, donate that monies to a charity of the confused, accused defensive player's charity of choice. Fines dictated from the "not answering to no one" NFL commision is nothing more then extorsion. If players were judged from a jury of their peers and "their" monies given to some worthy charity it would be way more easy to accept, would cause more thought given to their "sins", and some feeling of redemtion that their money just wasn't stolen from them from the Gastapo. These actions would eliminate all bad publicity from the NFL comish, have positive reactions from all fans and finally put an end to all these "fine" threads.

truesteelerfan
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
These fines are getting just silly. Sure, these big amounts are similiar to parking tickets to most of us...but I think something different needs to be done....In fact if it doesn't draw a penalty...should be no fine- period. Seems like years ago it was a big deal when a player got fined...now multiple fines each week. All for players playing the game to their best of their ability in the violent way it has been marketed.

lionslicer
10-30-2010, 06:35 PM
These fines are getting just silly. Sure, these big amounts are similiar to parking tickets to most of us...but I think something different needs to be done....In fact if it doesn't draw a penalty...should be no fine- period. Seems like years ago it was a big deal when a player got fined...now multiple fines each week. All for players playing the game to their best of their ability in the violent way it has been marketed.

This type of fine has been around for a while, usually its placed on the player from the Team, not the NFL, but Childress is such a laid back type of coach he really could care less what Randy does as long as he shows up for practice and games.

Though I think the rule is stupid that team captains have to talk to the media and that if you put a certain thing in your contract you have to talk to the media.

Kanata-Steeler
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Well that's "Fine", but I can't afford those !!!

:tt04:

SoCalFan
10-31-2010, 05:34 PM
The NFL is a business and they are running it like the Mafia.Its theft and criminal charges should be filed.I would give the commishioner 10 years in federal prison,first I would give him the tazer.