PDA

View Full Version : The Favre will likely start

SteelCityMom
10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Favre likely will start in Vikings' showdown with Patriots
By Steve Wyche NFL.com
Senior Writer
Published: Oct. 31, 2010 at 11:13 a.m.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bbcbb7/article/favre-likely-will-start-in-vikings-showdown-with-patriots?module=breaking_news

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre "likely" will start Sunday against the New England Patriots, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Favre suffered fractures in his left ankle and heel during a loss to the Green Bay Packers last weekend. He said Wednesday that he wanted to play to try and help the Vikings (2-4) turn things around after a slow start to the season.

Vikings coach Brad Childress indicated Friday that he would wait until the last hours before kickoff to decide whether or not Favre will start. Childress said his decision will be based on, "Can he protect himself? And what gives us the best chance to win?"

Favre was listed questionable on the injury report Friday, a status that means he has a 50-50 chance of playing in the game.

Favre wore a walking boot on his left foot during the first three days of the week and didn't practice until Friday, when he only participated on a limited basis. He is heading into Sunday assuming that he is still the starter, and barring some setback, that is highly likely to be the case.

Complicating Childress's decision is the historical significance of Favre's streak and the 41-year-old's poor play this season. His 68.0 passer rating is 30th in the league, and he has committed 14 turnovers in the first six games.

Childress said all week that Favre's streak wouldn't play a role in his decision and it would come down to what is best for the team. If Favre cannot play, Tarvaris Jackson will make his first start since a playoff loss to the Philadelphia Eagles after the 2008 season.

SteelersinCA
10-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Brett Favre

ricardisimo
10-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Boobies.
http://smiliesftw.com/x/hooray-boobs.gif

Lady Steel
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
They can say all they want that Favor's starting streak has nothing to do with whether or not he would start today, but um, yeah, right.

Happy Halloweenie, Favor. :chuckle:

Kanata-Steeler
10-31-2010, 05:28 PM
"Re: The Favre will likely start" as QB for the newly joined NFL team - called the CowKings !!!
:rofl:

so "far"ve, so good

:rofl:

lionslicer
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
He actually played a good game today... Recievers though not too well, and the defense just stunk up the joint. 1 dropped it right into a patriot defenders hands... Until he got hit in the chin and was bleeding and left the game, he played conservatively and did well, better than he's done all year... They should re-break his foot for next week lol.

steelerohio
10-31-2010, 11:42 PM
After the hit he took today, is it likely he done for or will the streak continue?

Shea
10-31-2010, 11:45 PM
I thought he had perhaps broken his jaw but it's just stitches and he'll be back next week. The streak is alive.

caplovestroyp43
10-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Brett Farve

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Peyton Manning broke his jaw and came back the same game... Favre can handle stiches... The problem was that people don't clot well when they have a cut on their face. The cut was deep enough that it would have just kept bleeding, and for medical issues, (favre could have aids) they needed him off the field.

At first i did think he broke his jaw or something terrible. He didn't talk at all.

Amazing how a stinging pain like a cut can make a grown man cry, but break his foot, he's like "nah its nothin, gimmee a beer"

Shea
11-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Peyton Manning broke his jaw and came back the same game... Favre can handle stiches... The problem was that people don't clot well when they have a cut on their face. The cut was deep enough that it would have just kept bleeding, and for medical issues, (favre could have aids) they needed him off the field.

At first i did think he broke his jaw or something terrible. He didn't talk at all.

Amazing how a stinging pain like a cut can make a grown man cry, but break his foot, he's like "nah its nothin, gimmee a beer"

I think he was a bit concussed though.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't wear a mouth guard and that can lead to a concussion if hit just right.

Wallace108
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Brett Favre needs to put his feet up in the recliner and watch games on Sundays.
Brett Favre does NOT approve of this message.
-Brett Favre

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20101031/i/r1313496147.jpg?x=400&y=272&q=85&sig=GEro8poTYeQDqD3m2Vc_Wg--

Fire Arians
11-01-2010, 03:05 AM

that gash needed 10 stitches, it wasn't gonna stop bleeding on its own anytime soon, he needed to get out of that game for his own safety. I've seen boxing matches get stopped over cuts less severe than that

not to mention the blow he took to the chin probably had him in la la land and would have knocked most qb's out cold

steelerohio
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey, I just thought of something... ever since we ended some post like a prayerful "brett Favre" he's been having a bad time... i suggest we end our post with a "Ray lewis" from now on...

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I think he was a bit concussed though.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't wear a mouth guard and that can lead to a concussion if hit just right.

Every player in the NFL has to wear a mouth guard, rules. Like shoulder pads and the helmet. I don't know if he was in la la land or not, but players are usually taken off the field for most cuts on the face, even if they aren't deep just due to the saftey hazards

Lady Steel
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
not to mention the blow he took to the chin probably had him in la la land and would have knocked most qb's out cold

He sounded like he was in la la land during his post-game interview. Wonder if he's on any painkillers. Has to hurt like hell.

steelax04
11-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Every player in the NFL has to wear a mouth guard, rules. Like shoulder pads and the helmet. I don't know if he was in la la land or not, but players are usually taken off the field for most cuts on the face, even if they aren't deep just due to the saftey hazards

Not true. Only uniforms, helmets and shoulder pads are required. In regards to mouthguards...

Ray Anderson, the NFLs Executive Vice President of Football Operations recently said Its not mandated for 2010. But we anticipate well need to mandate it going forward.

http://fourthandgoalunites.com/2010/07/21/nfl-and-nfl-players-association-need-to-mandate-the-use-of-mouth-gaurds/

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Not true. Only uniforms, helmets and shoulder pads are required. In regards to mouthguards...

http://fourthandgoalunites.com/2010/07/21/nfl-and-nfl-players-association-need-to-mandate-the-use-of-mouth-gaurds/

I guess I'm a year late on the rule, it was mandatory up until 2010 apparently... How can you say you want to protect players from concussions then not make it mandatory to wear mouth guards...

But i know it was mandatory at one time in the past fews years because I remember a couple players being fined for it.

steelax04
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I guess I'm a year late on the rule, it was mandatory up until 2010 apparently... How can you say you want to protect players from concussions then not make it mandatory to wear mouth guards...

But i know it was mandatory at one time in the past fews years because I remember a couple players being fined for it.

I agree on the "protect the players" part... it is pretty bogus that mouthguards are not required.