PDA

View Full Version : Is it official? Can we all agree that pass D is an issue??

ZoneBlitzer
11-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Brees went 20 for 22 for nearly 200 yards in the 2nd half. That's astonishing.

Do you think this points to a problem? I certainly do. And I have noticed it for weeks now.

What does this mean going forward for this team? They have shown that they can hang in there for awhile but eventually they get broken down entirely. Regrettably, you have to say that this just isn't a championship caliber defense.

They need help from the other phases to support their efforts or they will continue to get exposed.

SteelCityMom
11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
No, but it is official that I am going to lay down and pass out to some Freddy movies!

It can't be any more horrific than the game tonight.

Fire Arians
11-01-2010, 12:59 AM
we have more problems on the offensive side of the ball. they did nothing but put the D in bad situations all day

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 01:03 AM
D has never been able to finish out games, that last drive pretty much proves it. They needed a stop, and couldn't get it. Pass D was solid up till the 3rd quarter really.

Wallace108
11-01-2010, 01:04 AM
we have more problems on the offensive side of the ball. they did nothing but put the D in bad situations all day

This is the key. You can't expect the defense to hold an explosive offense to fewer than 10 points. The offense can't keep going 3 and out or having short drives and putting the defense right back on the field. Eventually, even a good defense wears down. The offense needs to put more points on the board.

stb_steeler
11-01-2010, 01:04 AM
The main problem is the Offense allowing penetration game after game. Been a problem since last season. Our OL cant push off on the deffense to allow a simple run play or a pass for that matter. We seen some good results in the first 4-5 games but now it seems to have dwindled out again. The only improvement i see is Pouncy.

Steel_Bus_24
11-01-2010, 01:07 AM
That 3rd and long conversion s**** needs to stop.....it would be one thing if they were giving up short ones.....but as you say it really doesn't matter the amount of yardage.

If we can't take away the ability to step up in the pocket, then Palmer will light us up and I wouldn't even want to think about what Brady will do

Harrison and Woodley just aren't getting to the Qb like they used to.....The reason the Pass D was so good for most of 08, was because we were getting good pressure with 4

^^^Not happening this year

They're good(As long as Troy stays healthy) but they won't carry us into the SB with our O reverting back to its 08 form as well

stb_steeler
11-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Harrison still gets held alot, Woodley had lots of pressure tonight, but lets mix it up some times. Other teams know there coming, look what the browns did last week. They changed their looks on D, thus leaving Brees confused.

ZoneBlitzer
11-01-2010, 01:35 AM

Yes, I tried to start another thread on that but got shot down in flames. I do point out that they do play admirably to a point but in the end they just get worn down.

SteelCurtain
11-01-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here it is anyways. I don't think it's that we don't have a good pass defense as much as it is Lebeau's only shortcoming. He is a great D coordinator when it comes to designing defensive schemes and preparing schemes for a game, but he is not good at adjusting his schemes in game. I see it week in and week out with the Steelers D. It has been happening for years. They shut down offenses(some of them being stout, such as the Saints, and some of them terrible, such as Oakland last year or the browns this year) in the first half. Then they go into half time and the opposing team's offensive coordinator makes adjustments to our D and they come out in the second half and light us up. Lebeau never adjusts well after halftime to what the other team is doing. It happened all of last year and it's happening again this year. He just doesn't make the necessary adjustments after he sees what the other team is bringing in the second half...Some guys are better at preparation and other are better on the fly. Lebeau is better at preparation.

That being said. The O hasn't been helping out the D much either...

SteelCityMom
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, I tried to start another thread on that but got shot down in flames. I do point out that they do play admirably to a point but in the end they just get worn down.

It was nothing personal (against you, Zulater or Fire Arians), but all your threads got merged.

I've been here after losing games enough times to know that the board can and will blow up with multiple upon multiple threads bitching about the loss...hence the reason I put them in one thread. I figured I'd just let everyone get what they wanted off their chest in one place instead of everyone making their own separate threads.

It was just for the time after the game though, sorry if I really ticked anyone off lol. Not my intent.

Was just damage control...nothing more.

theplatypus
11-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm really not concerned about the defense at all. Our problems on offense had more to do with this loss than anything else. Yes, our d gave up 20 points, but our offense couldn't do jack for 3/4ths of the game. The run blocking was abysmal, the blitz pick up was abysmal, goal line offense was abysmal. People can blame Arians for all the problems, but the players have to execute the freaking plays. They didn't plain and simple.

HAWK
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
The game's culprit was the (n)o-line. Sure Ben threw a pick at the end, Heath fumbled, and the D gave up 20 points to a offense that's been known to score 5 or 6 TDs a game...but none of that would have mattered if there wasn't pressure EVERY down on Ben. Call it rust, call it whatever. But not since that Eagles game a while back has the no-line and Ben been so harassed. They've done well all year...just not last night. If the receivers don't have time to runs their routes then we're not going to score. If we would have scored when we had the chance that 20 points we gave up to the Saints would have been nothing.

SteelCityMom
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Brees went 20 for 22 for nearly 200 yards in the 2nd half. That's astonishing.

Do you think this points to a problem? I certainly do. And I have noticed it for weeks now.

What does this mean going forward for this team? They have shown that they can hang in there for awhile but eventually they get broken down entirely. Regrettably, you have to say that this just isn't a championship caliber defense.

They need help from the other phases to support their efforts or they will continue to get exposed.

Considering that nearly all they did was pass, it doesn't surprise me at all.

For most of the season, the pass D has been bend but don't break...and for the most part, they were that way last night. They got beat by one of the best QBs in the league though...it was bound to happen sometime. Hopefully they work out the kinks and move on.

bobby jr
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Bottom line is the Steeler defense dominated the first half, NO made halftime adjustments and the Steelers didn't and their defense got lit up in the 2nd half. The Ravens will be studying that 2nd half on film for our upcoming game.

steelerschik
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Bottom line is the Steeler defense dominated the first half, NO made halftime adjustments and the Steelers didn't and their defense got lit up in the 2nd half. The Ravens will be studying that 2nd half on film for our upcoming game.

LOL, after nearly losing to the Bills, the Ravens better worry about beating the Dolphins next, which I have serious doubts they will, lol!

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
The defense is not the problem.

I'd like to see the Saints passing stats if our offense actually drove the field for TD's. I'd love to see our opponents passing stats if we could actually run out the clock in the 2nd half by running the ball.

How many less yards and points would the Saints have if Miller doesn't fumble?

Our offense left our defense out to dry.

Whodis
11-01-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't think it's a personnel issue.

The offense can't stay on the field or maintain a drive to do any favors to the defense.

What the hell happen to our play calling? Our pass D is ok until we get about 8 seconds into the play because we rush 3-4 guys?

The prevent we run with every lead has to go. Has it ever worked?

MagicMtnDan
11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
IMO the defense is not the problem. If not the best they're one of the best in the league.

The offense is the problem and I see it primarily as a strategy and playcalling issue (Arians).

Everyone knows this team must run (ownership said so). Everyone also knows that when the tight end or Hines Ward goes in motion and stops behind the tackle that's a running play!

What happened last night verus the blitz? Where was the playcalling then? How about screen passes and passes over the middle to Heath and what about a slant pass or two?

Why does it take the Steelers' offense until the 2nd half to get going every game?

This team needs balance between offense and defense. It needs an offense that will score more points (more than 10 last night!). It needs an offense that will stay on the field more giving the opposition's offense less time with the ball and above all it needs to score more points.

Primary problem: Bruce Arians and his playcalling

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
TIME OF POSSESSION:

Saints = 34:06

Steelers = 25:54

Steel_Bus_24
11-01-2010, 03:41 PM
LOL, after nearly losing to the Bills, the Ravens better worry about beating the Dolphins next, which I have serious doubts they will, lol!

what are you talking about, the Ravens own the dolphins......they'll spank them by 14 or more.....They beat teams they should beat....usually very comfortably

Say what you will about them going into OT with the Bills but I'll be highly surprised if they don't finish 13-3

The Steelers better wake up and realize 1 more loss to an AFC team will likely cost us the division.....and if they don't work out some serious s**** and whack the Bengals next week they'll be in danger of another 09 type collapse

Lady Steel
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
The Steelers better wake up and realize 1 more loss to an AFC team will likely cost us the division.....and if they don't work out some serious s**** and whack the Bengals next week they'll be in danger of another 09 type collapse

I agree the Steelers absolutely cannot afford to lose another divisional game. The Ravens are coming off a bye week. I also think they will beat the Dolphins. We must beat the Bengals.

With that being said, :sign04:

BKAnthem
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
To me it's both...Lack of Adjustments by the D(lebeaus fault)It's like a piss poor version of the tampa 2 when they go zone....please draft a cover corner next year....and Shitty O line play(FO's fault) Aside from Pouncey they have been drafting mediocre O lineman after Mediocre O lineman...

ricardisimo
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
So much for Bryant McFadden never letting his man get behind him. BMac is not the answer. To make matters worse, Troy got beat... a lot. Not a good sign for the secondary.

As far as Lebeau's shortcomings, he's almost always going to get a pass from me. Still, I have to wonder why he's not blitzing more. If we're getting torched anyways, why not blitz and get torched? Some good almost always comes out of our blitzes (like McFaddens's sack, that almost made up for his other lapses yesterday.)

steelerchad
11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
This loss is squarely on the O. The D played well against a very good QB until the 4th. You can't give him that many possessions without him finding someone. This is a bend don't break pass D and tonight it broke a little in the 4th. If they keep that last touchdown out and hold to a field goal after Heath's fumble set it up by the way, they only give up 16 points to a very good team.

MillerMania83
11-01-2010, 07:12 PM
So much for Bryant McFadden never letting his man get behind him. BMac is not the answer. To make matters worse, Troy got beat... a lot. Not a good sign for the secondary.

As far as Lebeau's shortcomings, he's almost always going to get a pass from me. Still, I have to wonder why he's not blitzing more. If we're getting torched anyways, why blitz and get torched? Some good almost always comes out of our blitzes (like McFaddens's sack, that almost made up for his other lapses yesterday.)

Truer words could not have been spoken...If we can't stop the other team on 3rd down (which we can't) why not bliyz WAY MORE....Like it was said, if your getting torched anyway, might as well get torched "bringing the kitchen sink" ya know....At least ya have the chance of somethin' good (turnover/sack) happening when ya bring the heat.

steelerschik
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
what are you talking about, the Ravens own the dolphins......they'll spank them by 14 or more.....They beat teams they should beat....usually very comfortably

Say what you will about them going into OT with the Bills but I'll be highly surprised if they don't finish 13-3

If they usually beat teams they should beat comfortably, then the Bills should have been one of them, so should have Cleveland which they squeaked by. You might see the Ravens as some powerhouse, but I do not. They have issues as well. Overreacting to a loss is just that, overreacting. If the Steelers lose the division, that doesn't mean they won't get to the POs and even (dare I say) possibly win a game. The division will come down to the Steelers and Ravens, I'm not convinced the Ravens are gonna run away with it like you seem to be and if they do, then the Steelers don't deserve to be there. The Steelers played poorly and had a bad game, it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last.

sharkweek
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Drew Brees is the most accurate passer in the league, we shut down their running game so all they could realistically do was pass.

its not an issue, the problem was our offense. Our defense had been giving up a league leading 14 points a game prior to last night and we only scored 10, so we should have lost according to that average.

The best defense is a good offense, and last night our offense was garbage.

bobby jr
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
If they usually beat teams they should beat comfortably, then the Bills should have been one of them, so should have Cleveland which they squeaked by. You might see the Ravens as some powerhouse, but I do not. They have issues as well. Overreacting to a loss is just that, overreacting. If the Steelers lose the division, that doesn't mean they won't get to the POs and even (dare I say) possibly win a game. The division will come down to the Steelers and Ravens, I'm not convinced the Ravens are gonna run away with it like you seem to be and if they do, then the Steelers don't deserve to be there. The Steelers played poorly and had a bad game, it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Harbaugh coached Ravens teams have smashed teams they are supposed to beat since the day he took over as coach. With the lone exception of last weeks Bills game (which they won anyway) they have completely dominated teams which they are favored over. Last year 2009, look at the Ravens points scored VS given up, they were a far better team than their 9-7 record would indicate. Because they blew out weaker opposition, and lost close games to good teams which could have gone either way.

Coming off a bye week you can bet that they will be ready for Miami and they will not have a repeat of the Bills performance. You can't judge the Ravens defense based on one bad game.

As for the Steelers they have a good defense but let's face it this is not the Steel Curtain. Letting Drew Brees going 20 for 22 in the 2nd half! The Ravens marched right down the field for the winning TD at Heinz field last game, and they will have the Steelers at Baltimore next time. The Ravens have a revamped receiving corps and Flacco is moving up in the QB ratings. While he is not on Drew brees level, he can certainly put up some points on the Steelers defense, which appears to be good at stopping the run but has big time problems with the secondary.

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Disturbing symptoms of last year's 4th quarter collapses are recurring

Ravens moved the ball on 2 drives (one stopped on 4th and goal) in the last 2 possessions at Heinz = not what you would expect from a shutdown defense against a good but not great offense

Steelers had held Saints to 13 points before the Heath Miller fumble - it is not as if the Saints ran that back inside the 5 - a shutdown defense does not give up a 55 yard drive with over 6 minutes to go

Older players get fatigued - going into 2008 the concern was whether that Steelers defense was showing its age - other than Timmons playing lights out as the successor to Foote and Hood stepping in for an injured Aaron Smith all of the members of that 2008 defense are still around and 2 years older

LVSteelersfan
11-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Sorry, but I blame this on Arians. Not scoring in the red zone is pathetic. Why when on the 6 inch line did they not call a QB sneak behind Pouncey and Kemo? That is why you have road graders. At the very least you get more than one shot at it and don't lose freakin' yardage from the 6 inch line. Not doing it the first time was wrong. Not doing it when they got back to the 6 inch line a second time is criminal and Arians should be shot. The D is what it is. For some reason Troy had a horrendous game and that was why they moved the ball with ease. Lebeau is not sending the house like the Saints did. Brees would have been just as flustered if they sent the house like Cleveland did. The Steelers just were not ready for prime time plain and simple.

TRH
11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
yep. why weren't we sending the house too and getting in Brees face??

And another thing....the team really needs to do something with the "near-end-of-game" prevent defense. It never fails....most teams (no, every team), moves the ball right down the field at the end of the game, like they do against no other team in the league like they do against us.

ricardisimo
11-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry, but I blame this on Arians. Not scoring in the red zone is pathetic. Why when on the 6 inch line did they not call a QB sneak behind Pouncey and Kemo? That is why you have road graders. At the very least you get more than one shot at it and don't lose freakin' yardage from the 6 inch line. Not doing it the first time was wrong. Not doing it when they got back to the 6 inch line a second time is criminal and Arians should be shot. The D is what it is. For some reason Troy had a horrendous game and that was why they moved the ball with ease. Lebeau is not sending the house like the Saints did. Brees would have been just as flustered if they sent the house like Cleveland did. The Steelers just were not ready for prime time plain and simple.
I wondered this as well. Let's see... Our strongest points on the O-line are C and LG, so of course we'll run off-tackle. :noidea: Well, at least it was on the left, behind Starks. Oh, wait... no it wasn't. It was to the right, behind a gimpy, inexperienced Legursky and a gimpy, past-his-prime Adams. :doh: All three times. :banging:

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I wondered this as well. Let's see... Our strongest points on the O-line are C and LG, so of course we'll run off-tackle. :noidea: Well, at least it was on the left, behind Starks. Oh, wait... no it wasn't. It was to the right, behind a gimpy, inexperienced Legursky and a gimpy, past-his-prime Adams. :doh: All three times. :banging:

I remember last year steelers had terrible short yardage running... And Arians doesn't help by calling the worst plays ever. I guess he would fool the defense by going towards the weakest side of the line 3 times.. Yea that worked.

steeltheone
11-02-2010, 04:48 AM
We have not been successfull In drafting defensive replacements at all. Other than Timmons, Hood and Woodley the rest are Cowher players.

ricardisimo
11-02-2010, 05:19 AM
We have not been successfull In drafting defensive replacements at all. Other than Timmons, Hood and Woodley the rest are Cowher players.
It's difficult to say something like that, given that it takes two or three years for almost any Steeler draft pick to work their way into the starting lineup. Tomlin's had 34 picks in four years, and at least 22 of them are still with the team, and I believe at least two more are on the practice squad. (And up until a few days ago, our 4th round LB from this year was still with the team :banging:) That's not bad at all, compared to most other teams.

Just speaking of replenishing the D, Timmons and Woodley alone are a nice one-two, but Gay is a starter, and damned near full-time lately. And Ziggy Hood is now a starter, make no mistake. He's basically averaging one defensive starter a year. Not great, but not bad either. You can pencil in a corner and a NT next year.

steelerschik
11-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Harbaugh coached Ravens teams have smashed teams they are supposed to beat since the day he took over as coach. With the lone exception of last weeks Bills game (which they won anyway) they have completely dominated teams which they are favored over. Last year 2009, look at the Ravens points scored VS given up, they were a far better team than their 9-7 record would indicate. Because they blew out weaker opposition, and lost close games to good teams which could have gone either way.

Coming off a bye week you can bet that they will be ready for Miami and they will not have a repeat of the Bills performance. You can't judge the Ravens defense based on one bad game.

As for the Steelers they have a good defense but let's face it this is not the Steel Curtain. Letting Drew Brees going 20 for 22 in the 2nd half! The Ravens marched right down the field for the winning TD at Heinz field last game, and they will have the Steelers at Baltimore next time. The Ravens have a revamped receiving corps and Flacco is moving up in the QB ratings. While he is not on Drew brees level, he can certainly put up some points on the Steelers defense, which appears to be good at stopping the run but has big time problems with the secondary.

No one has said it was. The Ravens defense isn't close to that either. I'm not judging the Ravens based on the Bills, I'm judging them with an objective eye and I see them as a good team, not great. Did the Ravens beat Cincy? Barely beat Cleveland. They aren't as dominant as you see in your purple corneas. Sorry, that's just the way it is. They always give the Steelers fits and vice versa, they aren't dominant over the Steelers and vice versa. They're mirror images honey. Nothing more, nothing less. Flacco will not be on the Brees/Manning/Brady level and until he does something significant in the post season, he's an average QB at best. And having the Steelers in Balt does not guarantee a win either sweetheart. The Ravens have been beaten there before by the Steelers and believe it or not, it could happen again. I have no respect for Harbaugh, none whatsoever so don't even try to sell him as super-coach, K? He's won nothing so far, he's a whiny crybaby, like his team which HE allows and I have zero tolerance for that crap in a head coach. I don't know how the Steelers will do the rest of the year, they should be fine, but time will tell. Same with the Ravens. The Ravens were 9-7, same as the Steelers last year and they may end up the same this year, who knows, but your blind homerism prevents any logical, objective football conversation.

To edit this looking further, the Ravens so far this season have beaten their opponents by a total of 26 points. The Steelers have beaten their opponents by a total of 58 points, thereby outscoring the powerhouse Ravens by 32 points so far this season. Where exactly are the Ravens blowouts? Denver by 14? Or Cleveland by 7? While your powerhouse defense allowed the Bills to score 34 points, a QB not anywhere near the caliber of Brees and the Steelers held him in check to 20 with the most points allowed this season against Miami at 22. The Steelers beat Cleveland by 18 and TB by 25. I would consider those blowouts.

theplatypus
11-02-2010, 07:57 AM

Actually on first down they ran Redman left and he was tackled from behind by the human turnstile Essex.

TRH
11-02-2010, 09:03 AM
when Brees was on that 20 for 22, i was actually embarrassed (this was on national TV) for the team. But aside from 1 or 2 pinpoint passes, it was really hard to miss. He had people WIDE open. It was ridiculous.
We were, it seemed, playing way too far back.

SteelCityMom
11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Harbaugh coached Ravens teams have smashed teams they are supposed to beat since the day he took over as coach. With the lone exception of last weeks Bills game (which they won anyway) they have completely dominated teams which they are favored over.
Really? Is that why the only team they've "smashed" this year are the Broncos? Or are the Broncos the only team they were favored over? :blah:

Last year 2009, look at the Ravens points scored VS given up, they were a far better team than their 9-7 record would indicate. Because they blew out weaker opposition, and lost close games to good teams which could have gone either way.

What happened last year in their amazing 9-7 run means jack crap now, so I don't know why you even bring that up. Beating bad teams and barely losing to good ones won't change last years or this years record.

Sooo....we shouldn't judge the Ravens defense on one bad game (when really, they've been faltering ALL YEAR), but it's ok to judge the Steelers defense on a mediocre half against the freaking Saints and a bad drive against the Ravens??

Sure, that makes a ton of sense.

You can ballwash the Ravens defense all you like, but they are behind the Steelers in nearly every defensive category this year.

Let's take a look at some indisputable facts shall we. The Ravens defense does all of the above when compared to the Steelers defense:

gives up more points per game
has allowed more points total so far this year
allows more yards per game
allows more yards per play
takes nearly twice as many penalties
creates fewer fumbles
has 8 fewer sacks
has half as many INTs

Anything else? :coffee:

steelerschik
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Really? Is that why the only team they've "smashed" this year are the Broncos? Or are the Broncos the only team they were favored over? :blah:

What happened last year in their amazing 9-7 run means jack crap now, so I don't know why you even bring that up. Beating bad teams and barely losing to good ones won't change last years or this years record.

Sooo....we shouldn't judge the Ravens defense on one bad game (when really, they've been faltering ALL YEAR), but it's ok to judge the Steelers defense on a mediocre half against the freaking Saints and a bad drive against the Ravens??

Sure, that makes a ton of sense.

You can ballwash the Ravens defense all you like, but they are behind the Steelers in nearly every defensive category this year.

Let's take a look at some indisputable facts shall we. The Ravens defense does all of the above when compared to the Steelers defense:

gives up more points per game
has allowed more points total so far this year
allows more yards per game
allows more yards per play
takes nearly twice as many penalties
creates fewer fumbles
has 8 fewer sacks
has half as many INTs

Anything else? :coffee:

BUT, BUT, BUT...the Ravens are DOMINANT now, let's remember that! They DOMINATED everyone they were supposed to this year (guess they weren't supposed to dominate the Bills, Cleveland or Cincy), which the highest domination was 14 points over the pathetic Broncos. BUT they all that, doncha know? DESPITE their D allowing 129 points scored so far vs the Steelers 102 points, that's nearly 4 more TDs than the Steelers, BUT they is the bestest ever. THEY IS DOMINANT AND HARBAUGH IS THE BESTEST COACH ALIVE. :doh: :rofl:

Again bobby jr. refer to my post 37 and go home. :tt: :wave:

bobby jr
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Harbough has done something very few coaches have come close to. Come in as a rookie coach and took a team with a losing record the prior year under Billick, to the AFC championship game. Then the next year taking his team into the playoffs where they destroyed a powerful New England team at home in the first round.

The Ravens dominated the opposition far more than the Steelers did last year as can be seen by their points scored VS given up totals for the season. This year is still a work in progress, but I expect similar totals at the end of the year. The Ravens will outscore their opposition by more than the Steelers and likely will finish ahead of them in the division.

It is quite possible the Ravens will beat the Steelers 3 times this year. The next game is in Baltimore and if the Ravens win that one they would have the home field advantage in the playoffs if the Steelers are the wild card team. This scenerio seems more and more likely with each passing week.

Harbaugh and Flacco are growing and learning and have already made the playoffs twice.

Oh: Ed Reed is back, too.

Next stop- The Super Bowl. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Harbough has done something very few coaches have come close to. Come in as a rookie coach and took a team with a losing record the prior year under Billick, to the AFC championship game. Then the next year taking his team into the playoffs where they destroyed a powerful New England team at home in the first round.

The Ravens dominated the opposition far more than the Steelers did last year as can be seen by their points scored VS given up totals for the season. This year is still a work in progress, but I expect similar totals at the end of the year. The Ravens will outscore their opposition by more than the Steelers and likely will finish ahead of them in the division.

It is quite possible the Ravens will beat the Steelers 3 times this year. The next game is in Baltimore and if the Ravens win that one they would have the home field advantage in the playoffs if the Steelers are the wild card team. This scenerio seems more and more likely with each passing week.

Harbaugh and Flacco are growing and learning and have already made the playoffs twice.

Next stop- The Super Bowl. :chuckle:

Hey...way to avoid any pertinent information by again reverting back to the tired 'last years points scored' argument. Excellent way to deflect.

Go back and read the last two posts, and then when you're done doing that you can move on and stop derailing the point of this thread (which has nothing to do with the Ravens mediocre defense or how badly you want to lick Harbaughs nuts).

If you want to make a thread about the Ravens mediocre defense or Harbaugh nut licking, you may do so in the General NFL section of the forums. Otherwise, we're here to discuss the Steelers...this years Steelers, not last years either.

Thanks! :wave:

steelerschik
11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=bobby jr;861839]Harbough has done something very few coaches have come close to. Come in as a rookie coach and took a team with a losing record the prior year under Billick, to the AFC championship game. Then the next year taking his team into the playoffs where they destroyed a powerful New England team at home in the first round.

Bold #1: Last year means what again? Yeah, nothing.

Bold #2: So Genie in a bottle, can you tell me the Power Ball numbers too since you can see into the future and KNOW what will happen. Facts son, not opinions count. These are not facts....NEXT

Bold #3: Your scenario is based on what FACTS? Oh that's right, Baltimore had one bad game (delusional cause there was more than one honey) and the Steelers aren't allowed to have bad games. I get it now.

Bold #4: Woooooooooooo hooooooooo! The birds made it to the POs twice and got knocked out both times and won NOTHING! Yay team! Hope you shine up twice making the POs trophy cause that's all you're pretty much gonna see.

Bold #5: I will be sure to send Ed Reed a welcome back to the NFL card since he's invisible during Steelers games and I will likely forget he's there.

Oh Bobby, you make this too easy, but at least you found the humor in the SB comment as well based on your smiley!