PDA

View Full Version : Helmet to helmet on Hines

toughsticks87
11-01-2010, 12:53 AM
On that play where Hines was called for the push off, did anyone else notice a blatant helmet to helmet hit from the Saints defender? Does this not qualify as a helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver? If I'll find a video, I'll post it. My point is, we probably won't see a $50,000 fine on him.

toughsticks87
11-01-2010, 12:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wixeg7qbvVw

toughsticks87
11-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Steelers Vs. Saints: Pittsburgh Unable to Exploit Drew Brees' Interception And New Orleans Ties The Game With A Field Goal

Oct 31 10:14p by Michael Tunison

Steelers corner Ike Taylor intercepted Drew Brees with two minutes left in the first half and returned the ball to the Saints' 36. This would seem to set up another Steelers score, but an ensuing Pittsburgh drive fizzled and Jeff Reed missed a 51-yard field goal.

On that Steelers' drive, after getting a first down on a 13-yard pass to Mike Wallace, Ben Roethlisberger tried a pass to Hines Ward in the end zone, but it was incomplete and Ward was called for offensive pass interference. However, on the play Leigh Torrence launched head first at Ward and connected with the back of a defenseless receiver's helmet.

Hineshelmet_medium

No flag was thrown on the play.

After the Reed miss, the Saints drove 46 yards on a 1:03 and connected on a 31-yard Garrett Hartley field goal to tie the game going into half.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/10/31/1786067/steelers-saints-hines-ward-helmet-hit

Fire Arians
11-01-2010, 03:10 AM
yep i thought thats what the flag was originally on. w/e though I won't complain about that, it's football, people get hit.

SteelCurtain
11-01-2010, 03:22 AM
I agree...let them play football. I thought the call on Ward was weak, but it is what it is. That wasn't the deciding factor in the game. The Steelers played terrible and lost a game that they should have won. That's it...

steelerohio
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
It wasn't the deciding factor but I still thought the call wasn't right... no complaints tho, people get hit and unfair calls happen, it just didn't go their way this time...