PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss a Steeler?

steelerchad
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Hope not and I don't think there's any chance the Steelers would take that road.
Boy, the Pats look pretty smart right now. They trade him away for practically nothing and he doesn't last but 2 games with his new team before they dump him.

If you ask me the Steelers are looking that way with Santonio so far also. He hasn't done much in 3 games with the Jets.

fred
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
No way........Moss takes too many plays off........watch him run his routes......that one pass that Farve launched his way................the GREAT ones would've layed out for it......he WAS once one of the best at one time.....

Third Rail
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
The Steelers are only interested in veteran players who are past their prime and come cheap. Randy Moss could have a spotless record on and off the field and they'd still never make a play for him.

theplatypus
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
How do you figure they dumped him? Holy shit they waived him

SteelCityMom
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
NFLN: Vikings waive Randy Moss less than one month after trade from Patriots
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/nfln-vikings-waive-randy-moss-less-than-one-month-after-trade-from-patriots/1

The second Randy Moss era in Minnesota didn't even last a month.

The NFL Network reported that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday, one day after he criticized head coach Brad Childress in a bizarre news conference following a 28-18 loss in New England.

The Vikings, who acquired Moss from the Patriots for a third-round pick on Oct. 6, are the second team to move on from Moss this season.

Moss, who is set to become a free agent after the season, would have to clear waivers before he becomes a free agent.

Moss played in four games for the Vikings and caught 13 passes for 174 yards and two TDs.

After Sunday's game, Moss spoke glowingly of his time in New England. "Man, I miss them guys, man. I miss the team," Moss said. "It was hard for me to come here and play.

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Monday he allowed Moss to remain in New England after the game to be with family. Moss had expressed frustration with how Vikings coaches applied his advice on how to attack the Patriots, but Childress defended their approach.

"I think we did a pretty good job of heeding it," Childress said.

Asked if he regretted acquiring Moss, Childress said, "Do I regret acquiring him? Not at present I don't, no."

-- Sean Leahy

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I think they did it because Moss attacked Vikings coaching staff on how they gameplanned for the Patriots.

I doubt he'll be a Steeler... I really don't know where he will end up...

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow - they did cut him!:jawdrop:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5752939

Vikings definitely taking a run at Dallas for most dysfunctional season - Dallas will lose more games but nobody brings the drama like Minnesota

Third Rail
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Shocking. If this isn't an indication that Brad Childress wants Brett Favre the hell out of Minnesota by the end of the season, I don't know what is.

mikegrimey
11-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Is there some unwritten rule that everytime a high profile player gets released we have to have an obligatory thread along the lines of "should they become a steeler?"

Goofiness of the question aside, anybody else notice how Moss totally could have caught the pass on the play that drew a PI? It was like he didn't even want to chase the ball, if he had laid his long arms out he would have had it pretty easily.

steelerchad
11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Kind of glad this whole thing is blowing up in their face up there in Minnesota. Personnel changes in the NFL are almost never instant gratification. It takes time for teams to gel and people to grow into their roles. Plugging a star in at a certain position and having a QB come right off the farm into week 1 without any practice time with the teams are 2 examples of things that usually just don't work. They got away with it last year, a bit lucky I think.

Don't teams see the Steeler Way is best? Yet so few copy the blueprint, and I'm happy about that. Draft well, don't overpay for free agents, let your young talent develop behing veterans, and discipline. Practice well, play well.

steelerchad
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Is there some unwritten rule that everytime a high profile player gets released we have to have an obligatory thread along the lines of "should they become a steeler?"

Goofiness of the question aside, anybody else notice how Moss totally could have caught the pass on the play that drew a PI? It was like he didn't even want to chase the ball, if he had laid his long arms out he would have had it pretty easily.

If you don't ask that question, how would you put it in the Steeler forum? It should go in the NFL forum where it would be lost forever. :chuckle:

theplatypus
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Release EL and sign Moss:rofl:

steelax04
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
So the Patriots got a free draft pick... how about that.

mikegrimey
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
If you don't ask that question, how would you put it in the Steeler forum? It should go in the NFL forum where it would be lost forever. :chuckle:

Touche

theplatypus
11-01-2010, 03:36 PM
So the Patriots got a free draft pick... how about that.

How do you figure? THey gave up a potential HOF wide receiver for that draft pick.

Third Rail
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM

And give up all of his amazing fair catches and falls at the 1-yard line?

Fire Arians
11-01-2010, 03:41 PM
honestly i think we need to move emmanuel sanders up to #3. this kid has real potential and could even be better than wallace was last season

he doesn't have wallace's blazing speed (who does?) but he's a better route runner imo.

El is sure handed but can't get any separation against starting cb's

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 04:04 PM
honestly i think we need to move emmanuel sanders up to #3. this kid has real potential and could even be better than wallace was last season

he doesn't have wallace's blazing speed (who does?) but he's a better route runner imo.

El is a good slot reciever, that is it, he shouldn't be on the outside ever, and Wallace isn't physical enough to beat bumb and run coverage, which is why he seems to never be noticed on the field other than his catches. Sanders will definatally be Ward's replacement, and Brown will take over for El, they have star potential.

Moss isn't as physical as he used to be, he used to be able to beat bump and run coverage easily, but I saw the Vikings game, it seemed he was held up at the line on every play.. He's somewhat useless as a starting reciever other than causing double teams.

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Sanders still misruns routes but i agree you promote him to #3 wideout

Ed.B. of the P-G agreed with Collinsworth that Sanders messed up on running the route on the 4th and 4 in the third quarter and cut off a potential big reception by Ward

steelerdave1969
11-01-2010, 04:51 PM

I know it might be a little crazy, but I know Big Ben has relished the thought of having a Big WR ever since Plaxico left for NY. I know that Moss likes taking some plays off and all, but OMG what would he bring to our offense? Could you imagine Mike Wallace on 1 side and Randy Moss across from him? What other org. could help this guy and be more of a role model to him that the Steelers front office and teammates? I know it sounds crazy, but I would like to try it and atleast keep the Patriots or the Jets from getting him.
:tt02:

steelerdave1969
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
How do you figure? THey gave up a potential HOF wide receiver for that draft pick.

And the Crazy thing about it now is .. Is it sounds like the Patriots are the leading Candidates to get him back. That would be BS for the Vikings, but they are not doing Jackson justice at QB there in Minnesota anyways so maybe they deserve it . .

dyce23
11-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Wow...ya'll don't want Moss? So what he takes some plays off? I don't find that attribute to be something I like, BUT...regardless of the plays he takes off, he ALWAYS demands a double team. Just imagine what we could do on the inside with Hines, or on the other side of the offense with Wallace if Moss were always drawing a double team.

btaylor
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
bengals will sign him

stb_steeler
11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Theres bigger problems that need taken care of right now, and Receivers isnt it. :banging:

Fire Arians
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd take him but not at too high of a price tag

dyce23
11-01-2010, 06:42 PM
It doesn't really matter now. Some reporter got a lil too carried away. Moss is still a Viking, and I think it stays that way. Chilly will go before Moss.

ricardisimo
11-01-2010, 08:12 PM
No, the rule is that it has to be a player at a position we are already set at. Thus we had the obligatory Merriman thread, because obviously we need more linebackers, especially overpaid, under-performing dopers past their prime.

What you will never see is a similar thread whenever a quality offensive tackle or cornerback becomes available. There we're set. What we need are troublemaking wideouts and LBs.

sharkweek
11-01-2010, 08:20 PM
If you ask me the Steelers are looking that way with Santonio so far also. He hasn't done much in 3 games with the Jets.

Holmes had a 4 game suspension and is on a new team and has to learn a new offense. Its also an offense that relies on the run and has a very young QB who isn't very good, at least not yet (although I don't think he ever will be)

Right now I think our passing offense is hurting a bit without Holmes. Wallace has more than stepped up and think he's already as good if not better than Holmes ever was and they both have similar assets of speed and solid hands, both of them plus Ward makes an absolute killer trio, something we miss with just Ward and Wallace as I think Randle El has dropped off too much to be true threat as our 3rd WR. He's solid and knows the offense but that's not as good as what we had last season.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was a bad move getting rid of Holmes, and I don't want Moss (although I would love a WR with this height/speed/hands), but I hope some of the new guys can start to come out of their shell so we can get that more potent trio going again.

SteelerEmpire
11-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I would take Moss over Randle El any day... but could you imagine Moss on one side of the field and Wallace on the other and Hines Ward and Heath Miller as well...? We would have pulled off the 4 best receivers in the NFL on one team ! It would strike terror in defenses...!!!

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I would take Moss over Randle El any day... but could you imagine Moss on one side of the field and Wallace on the other and Hines Ward and Heath Miller as well...? It would strike terror in defenses...!!!

Hopefully the Steelers can get him for the Patriots game in 2 weeks so he can give Tomlin & Le Beau (Arians already knows everything so nothing to gain there:chuckle:) his insights into the Pats like he did for the Vikings and then sulk (did you see him quit on the pass to the end zone after the interference flag was thrown?) when Tomlin ignores his advice while Ben does not throw the ball to Moss whenever he wants to run out a route

I am very enthusiastic about going after Moss:thumbsup:

TRH
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
i initially thought "NO WAY" but the more i thought about it i liked it. His "fired up" attitude is exactly what this team needs and we REALLY need another good receiver, we're really missing Santonio at this point. We should have never traded him.
But the problem is : Are you going to get the "fired up" Moss or the "loafing" Moss??

bottom line : NO way will the Steelers go get him. In fact, they are not even going to look his way or even think about it.
The Steelers history and ownership won't even consider a high-profile, its all-about-me player such as a Moss, Favre, Deion, Terrell, etc...
Won't even think about it. It won't even be a discussion.

BKAnthem
11-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Don't teams see the Steeler Way is best? Yet so few copy the blueprint, and I'm happy about that. Draft well, don't overpay for free agents, let your young talent develop behing veterans, and discipline. Practice well, play well.

They do this well for every position but O line and Secondary...

fer522
11-02-2010, 03:01 PM
i would get him and cut Battle, if you are gonna get him for a fraction of the cost, why not, you are not gonna offer him a 3 year deal its only for the rest of the year look at Baltimore and Houshmandzadeh i think its working well overthere plus we really need a big receiver

BengalDestroyer
11-02-2010, 05:09 PM
We DO NOT need Randy Moss.

BengalDestroyer
11-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't evenwant to see him in black and yellow.

truesteelerfan
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
No thank you!

MasterOfPuppets
11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
why is it, that these kind of ridiculous threads get the most responses ? :doh:

Shea
11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Anyone catch Bruschi's comments on this situation?

Spouting off about how classless everyone was except for Moss in this situation and defending Randy because he just recognized his new team wasn't anywhere near the classy and professional "Patriot way" that he was accustomed to.

For the life of me, I can't understand that two networks, that employ him and Rodney on NBC, can't find better commentators that really would know what class is.

Preaching the Patriot way is pathetic. They've been nothing but classless, ****y cheats.

Lady Steel
11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Randy Moss will never be a Steeler. The Rooneys won't hire that loony tune.

Atlanta Dan
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
But the Titans will

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5760968

MattsMe
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
But the Titans will

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5760968

Praise Allah.

Can we lock this ridiculous thread now?