PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Saints Higher Rated Than World Series

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Steelers fans are down after last night's loss but it could be worse - you could be baseball commissioner Bud Selig:

NFL game draws higher rating than World Series

A regular-season NFL game has earned a higher television rating than the World Series.

The "Sunday Night Football" matchup between the last two Super Bowl champions drew an 11.8 overnight rating and 18 share. Game 4 of the World Series had a 10.4/16.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/11/01/nfl-mlb-ratings.ap/index.html

Just a further indication how far the former national pastime has fallen when its championship event is outdrawn by the NFL juggernaut.

TRH
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
yeah......the fact is that no one cares about baseball anymore (aside from the people living in the respective cities of the teams playing).

Goodell is taking the NFL down a path to ruin presently.....but baseballs about there already. The non-revenue sharing and no parity in baseball has ruined the sport to the point where all interesting/high-profile/star players only sign with NY, Boston, LA, maybe another team or so. Thats it.

steelax04
11-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah, we were at Hooters last night and we asked the guy to change the channel on the TV with the sound system in the place... he asked if anyone was watching the World Series and it was *crickets*.

tony hipchest
11-01-2010, 08:18 PM
i wonder where The Simpsons halloween special came in.

i know i'd watch that over MLB.

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 08:21 PM
i wonder where The Simpsons halloween special came in.

i know i'd watch that over MLB.

You must have missed the 35 promos during Pats-Vikings for the Simpsons Halloween special - it was preempted by Rangers-Giants and runs next Sunday (which is - wait for it - the week after Halloween) - yet another casualty of the baseball season being too damn long