PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss cut by Vikings

tony hipchest
11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
perhaps they didnt like him ballwashing the patriots after yesterdays loss. maybe he gave them bogus insider info on the patriots. maybe him half assing it every other play became unbearable.

anyways its just a matter of time before fans say we grab this player who was dumped by 2 teams in 5 weeks and demote either hines or wallace. :tt02:

theplatypus
11-01-2010, 05:39 PM
You're a little late on this one.

tony hipchest
11-01-2010, 06:40 PM
hmmm...

a randy moss thread in the steelers main forum is about as useless as tits on a bull. :doh:

ricardisimo
11-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Not so fast my friends...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Not so fast my friends...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived

I guess Childress started drinking on the flight back from Foxboro and then went rogue on the Moss decision - wonder WTF Moss has been saying to Chilly?:chuckle:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said on SportsCenter Monday evening that Childress has "lost the locker room."

"He really has," Mortensen said. "The players are not Childress guys right now. There's a sense there, 'does this head coach really know what he's doing?' That's the truth. You talk to people in that locker room, that's what you you're gonna get from them."

You have to wonder how strongly the front office remains "Childress guys" at this point. Childress did not tell management about his plan to cut Moss, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi. Childress has control over the 53-man roster, but this seems like a curious, if not self-destructive, time for Childress to go rogue and make a power play.

Moss curiously hasn't been officially waived yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

SteelKnight
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Damn.

I know the Patriots are going to land him again. You can clearly see they made a mistake and they are not as dominant without Moss. I hope some other team picks him up so the Patriots can't get him this year. No matter, they will probably get him back next year.

The Redskins could use him.

lionslicer
11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Damn.

I know the Patriots are going to land him again. You can clearly see they made a mistake and they are not as dominant without Moss. I hope some other team picks him up so the Patriots can't get him this year. No matter, they will probably get him back next year.

The Redskins could use him.

Would be funny if Patriots got him again.. Because then they pretty much would have gotten a free 3rd round pick out of it.

SteelKnight
11-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Would be funny if Patriots got him again.. Because then they pretty much would have gotten a free 3rd round pick out of it.

I'm feeling that will happen. I bet he was telling Brady and Belichick that he misses them.

SteelersinCA
11-02-2010, 01:28 AM
What's funnier is if he clears waivers, the Vikings still have to pay him and he can get paid by the new team, double dip much?

tony hipchest
11-02-2010, 01:35 AM
I bet he was telling Brady and Belichick that he misses them.where have you been? he used his entire post game press conference to tell them how much he loves them and misses them. :noidea:

probably a big contributing facto as to why he was cut.

MACH1
11-02-2010, 01:50 AM
A perfect fit with the bungals.

ricardisimo
11-02-2010, 03:20 AM
A perfect fit with the bungals.
That would be sweet!

Atlanta Dan
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
If this actually had anything to do with why the Vikings cut Moss then props to the Vikings

Every Friday, the Vikings invite a local establishment to cater the team's post-practice meal. Last Friday, it was a St. Paul restaurant -- a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk -- that served chicken, pasta, ribs and other dishes.

While his teammates lined up to dig in, Moss lashed out, according to the report.

Moss yelled "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog," a player who witnessed the incident said, according to Yahoo! Sports.

The Vikings decided to cut ties with Moss on Monday, despite having given up a third-round draft choice to acquire him from the New England Patriots a month ago.

"This decision was made based on what we thought was in the best interests of the Minnesota Vikings, both in the short and long term," coach Brad Childress said in a statement. "We wish Randy the best as he moves forward in his career."

Moss' name did not appear on the league's official waiver report Monday, but he could be awarded to another team as early as Wednesday.

The player who witnessed Moss' food tirade called it "an uncomfortable moment," adding that he felt Moss deserved to be cut after the incident, Yahoo! Sports reported.

"This wasn't a chain -- it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff," the witness said, according to the report. "And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.' You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

A source who was at a team meeting on Monday, in which Childress informed the Vikings that Moss would be leaving, said it was clear the coach was referring to Moss' criticism of the locker-room meal when he said "This just doesn't fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act," according to Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755561

Moss has been a punk since high school - down the road that usually ends badly and not just with regard to playing football

Lady Steel
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Moss has been a punk since high school

I've also heard Moss is a little loco en la cabeza.

Big D
11-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I grew up in a viking fan household. And if i had a "second team" it would probably be the vikings. How brad childress even got the viking head coaching job baffles me. He didn't even call the plays while he was the offensive coordinator while with philly. I'm suprised nothing has been said about childress history in philly with T.O. Childress was part of the reason why T.O. was suspended from the eagles after chilly and t.o. had a pissing match. So if childress couldnt handle T.O. then Favre what the hell made him think he could handle Moss? clearly the guy can't handle high profile, high maintence personalites.

lionslicer
11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
I grew up in a viking fan household. And if i had a "second team" it would probably be the vikings. How brad childress even got the viking head coaching job baffles me. He didn't even call the plays while he was the offensive coordinator while with philly. I'm suprised nothing has been said about childress history in philly with T.O. Childress was part of the reason why T.O. was suspended from the eagles after chilly and t.o. had a pissing match. So if childress couldnt handle T.O. then Favre what the hell made him think he could handle Moss? clearly the guy can't handle high profile, high maintence personalites.

Childress can't handle a team, he should go back to coaching positions in college.
Vikings have a lot of talent, if Childress is fired it will be interesting to see who they go after. The vikings seem to like offensive minded coaches ,Les Steckel,
Jerry Burns, Dennis Green, Mike Tice, Chilly, all former offensive coordinators or offensive position coaches.
I can see them going after Gruden, who knows the west coast offense like the back of his hand, and Chilly already started building the offense to be a west coast style. But I'm just biased towards Gruden because I like to see him go nuts on the sideline...
I know no one things Gruden's a good coach, but the GM when he was coaching the Bucs didn't like him at all and wouldn't let him sign free agents he wanted or pick draft picks he wants causing so many busts during his time with them.

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2010, 04:32 PM
[A]fter the Vikings' 28-18 loss to the Patriots Sunday, Moss walked into the locker room and told the Vikings owner in no uncertain terms that Childress wasn't a good coach and should be fired.:chuckle:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/05/nfl-week-9/1.html

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

steelax04
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM
First 50 people to donate a Randy Moss Vikings jersey get a free meal!!!

http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2010/11/tinuccis_offers.php

steelerohio
11-06-2010, 02:03 AM
:rofl:

I wish that place years of success...