PDA

View Full Version : Essex and Adams arguing on the sideline? WTF

theplatypus
11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
That certainly doesn't help anything.

Essex, along with right tackle Flozell Adams, were solely responsible for the Saintsí three sacks on Ben Roethlisberger. Aside from the obvious stats, the complete lack of chemistry between the two after Essex missed the better part of a month was compounded by a full out argument on the sidelines in the first quarter.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/507001-pittsburgh-steelers-the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-week-8-with-video-highlights?source=rss_teams_Pittsburgh_Steelers#pa ge/9

TRH
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
we HAVE to start getting some quality OL in here. We really have one of the best teams in the NFL and the OL is stinking us up really bad. These guys just aren't cutting it and i agree they wouldn't be starting for most other teams. At this point, Pouncey is the only one playing like a madman out there, and he's a rookie!!

BKAnthem
11-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Blame the FO...I said awhile time ago and was pretty much ridiculed for it...they believe they can do no wrong because they get so much praise for the way they draft...It's like if someone addressed an area of need they will go in the opposite direction out of what appears to me to be pure arrogance and spite...now look at what we have...4 backups and a Center...

Lex Yinzer
11-02-2010, 10:22 AM
What, exactly, did Essex do to earn this start? The Big Legurski was playing well enough, and was working well with Hotel Flozell, who has played much better than he's gotten credit for. WTF?

Was the decision to start Essex Tomlin's decision or Arians' ???

BengalDestroyer
11-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I agree. I'm not a fan of Essex, I am a fan of Legursky though, and he was playing very well....

Steel_Bus_24
11-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree. I'm not a fan of Essex, I am a fan of Legursky though, and he was playing very well....

he had a rough day in MIami, but I do believe he is better then Essex as well

zulater
11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Flozell blocked air on the Steelers first two third down plays both of which failed largely due to Flozell's man pressuring Ben.

Fire Arians
11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
prolly because esSUX is crap

ricksteelers55
11-03-2010, 11:43 PM
And I dont understand why we dont give chances to Ramon Foster,I thought he was good last year when we called his number

California-Steel
11-04-2010, 02:35 AM
we HAVE to start getting some quality OL in here. We really have one of the best teams in the NFL and the OL is stinking us up really bad. These guys just aren't cutting it and i agree they wouldn't be starting for most other teams. At this point, Pouncey is the only one playing like a madman out there, and he's a rookie!!Then we don't have one of the best teams in the NFL. The O line is a part of the team. You can't have the best except for. It is, or it isn't, those are it. We could have one of the best teams, if the O line was better. But until then we don't. You can not just ignore or excuse 5 members of and 22 member team.

madtowndrunkard
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Then we don't have one of the best teams in the NFL. The O line is a part of the team. You can't have the best except for. It is, or it isn't, those are it. We could have one of the best teams, if the O line was better. But until then we don't. You can not just ignore or excuse 5 members of and 22 member team.

Name one SB winner with a bad offensive line. :noidea:

I honestly though am not sure how bad our O-line is. I seriously wonder what impact Arians and Ben are having on this O-line. How many sacks did we have before Ben came back? When the Saints started blitzing the @#$^ out of us, what adjustments were made? Take an average O-line and put them in a position to fail and you will not like the results.