PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

Third Rail
11-02-2010, 12:23 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Okay, I know power rankings are meaningless but like most NFL fans, I can't help but check them every week and see where we stand. Can someone tell me how we went from being ranked #1 on Fox Sports to dropping five places? I can't defend Pittsburgh's horrible offense and bad pass defense against the Saints, but come on. The Jets are ranked higher than us and they couldn't score a single point! Only being able to score 10 points is pathetic, but not being able to score 1 is much, much worse.

Oh, and of course, Baltimore is now better than us (even with our QB back), due to their stellar play on a bye week. These rankings are stupid.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Media still has a love affair with Sanchez, lol.

Jets get shut out, and don't drop below us.

Pats ok, Colts ok, Giant, no, Ravens, only because they beat us, but they have been lucky as well to be where they are.

lionslicer
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
You should ask why are the Giants so high... Patriots shouldn't be number 1, they've bearly won their games.
Jets defense is just dominant, I don't disagree that they are ahead of the Steelers, especially after that terrible game on sunday...

ricardisimo
11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
You should ask why are the Giants so high... Patriots shouldn't be number 1, they've bearly won their games.
Jets defense is just dominant, I don't disagree that they are ahead of the Steelers, especially after that terrible game on sunday...
Huh? They've won by 14, 8, 27, 3, 3 and 10. They're tied for the league lead in net points. Their defense sucks, to be sure, but it appears to be getting better, and there is no arguing with results. Winning ugly is still winning.

Brett Favre. Boobies.

fer522
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
we droped 5 places BECAUSE WE SUCKED **S sunday

ZoneBlitzer
11-02-2010, 02:56 PM
we droped 5 places BECAUSE WE SUCKED **S sunday

Yup. Against an extremely shorthanded team to boot.

grward
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Yup. Against an extremely shorthanded team to boot.

Not to mention our secondary was exposed and our offense was manhandled. This had to play into the rankings somehow. Unless they rebound with a solid game against the Bungles, we'll continue to be ranked lower than these teams.

Steelers>NFL
11-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Not to mention our secondary was exposed and our offense was manhandled. This had to play into the rankings somehow. Unless they rebound with a solid game against the Bungles, we'll continue to be ranked lower than these teams.

Maybe we are not as good as we all think we are. :noidea:

steelcity1974
11-05-2010, 06:49 AM
I would put us around 9 or 10, so I'm not surprised. What I couldn't believe is that everyone had us at #1.

markymarc
11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Give me power rankings at the end of the 2010 season. Hopefully the Saints loss made the entire team realize that they may not be as good as they thought. Now it's time to turn it around on Monday night and then of course beat down the Patriots the following week.