PDA

View Full Version : Nate Burleson/Hunter Hillenmeyer

SteelerDan43
03-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I was just reading an article on ESPN about some of the restricted free agents and Nate Burleson is only a 3rd round compensation pick. Also Hunter Hillenmeyer is only a 5th round pick. With the compensation pics we have comming I wouldnt mind parlaying a 3rd round pick on someone like Burleson and depending on what the Steelers have in mind at 32 possibly Hillenmeyer for a 5th if they dont take a LB.

• WR Nate Burleson, Minnesota (compensation: third round): Has started 33 games in three seasons and posted 68 catches for 1,006 yards and nine touchdowns in 2004. Injuries limited his playing time and his production in 2005, but it's still hard to believe the Vikings, with all the cap room they possessed, didn't make him a higher qualifying offer. Could be a terrific No. 2 receiver if he stays healthy. Visited with Seattle officials last week but did not sign an offer sheet.

• LB Hunter Hillenmeyer, Chicago (compensation: fifth round): Not a very flashy defender, but a solid strong-side backer who makes the play he is supposed to make, and is rarely out of position. Became a full-time starter in 2004 and has averaged 80.5 tackles the last two seasons. Only has 3? sacks, but he can control the tight end and gets pretty good drops in the passing game.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2376688&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-22-2006, 01:48 PM
i was looking at burleson the other day...........looks like he would do.........and if we are infact getting compensation picks.....we should look into it.

Suitanim
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm starting to think the Steelers aren't serious about acquiring a WR via free agency, which is fine, but means that they absolutely MUST address the position via the draft.

Still, Burrelson would be interesting to take a look at, I guess. Anyone hear anything about Moulds?

tony hipchest
03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm starting to think the Steelers aren't serious about acquiring a WR via free agency, which is fine, but means that they absolutely MUST address the position via the draft.

Still, Burrelson would be interesting to take a look at, I guess. Anyone hear anything about Moulds?on espn i heard moulds is getting no play for a trade. if he is let go i dont see how the pats could pass him up. look how long theyve clung to t. brown. pats can afford him, know him, and hed be a definite upgrade, possibly the #1, at midrange #2 price, in their offense. i think the pats are sitting on their capspace waiting to outbid for this one guy. (and then hoping they get lavar arrington on a discount)

as much as i wanted moulds to be a steeler alongside ward, i dont think theres any way they could outbid pats and probably the eagles (if theyre smart).

Zez
03-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I already said this in the Lee Mays signed thread, why you stealing my thunder???? LOL

TasmanianTroy271
03-22-2006, 09:59 PM
we have a number 2 reciever (hines ward), we need a number 1 reciever.

I don't think it matters whose #1 and whose #2, but what we need is the gritty, get all the tough throws guy (Hines) and the Tall, deep threat who can drag a safety and a corner along with him, and Burleson could do that. We all know that the Steelers like to switch the recievers up, so the #1 and #2 reciever's wouldnt mean anything other than where they're listed on the Depth chart. But yea, I love the Burleson idea. Ever since he did that crazy touchdown catch earlier this season, I've liked him, and I'd love to see him in Black & Gold.