PDA

View Full Version : tyrone carter's brother gets 5 years in jail

tony hipchest
03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
this is almost a touching story. he traded 6 months for 5 years to see his bro in the sb:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_CARTER_SUPER_BOWL?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=sports.htm

Mar 22, 6:03 AM EST

Steelers Safety's Brother Gets Five Years

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- The brother of Pittsburgh Steelers safety Tyrone Carter had his sentence for driving with a revoked license increased from six months to five years because he failed to report to jail on time.

Tank Carter was scheduled to report to a Broward County prison on Jan. 6, but decided against it when his brother told him the Steelers had a good chance of going to the Super Bowl. On Tuesday, Broward Circuit Judge Stanton S. Kaplan increased the sentence.

"Even knowing what I know now, I would do it again," Carter said. "It was the greatest game in my life."

Carter watched the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks from the 50-yard line in Detroit and partied with rapper Snoop Dogg after the game.

The brothers have been close since growing up in a rough section of Pompano Beach.

"I would have done the same thing," Tyrone Carter said of his brother's decision. Winning the Super Bowl meant "we finally made it together."

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-22-2006, 01:45 PM
ading 4.5 years is kinda a bit too much considering he was only suppose to do 1/2 year
Im sure it will be reduced.....
The judge was proubably a Seahwak fan...........

Sharkissle29
03-22-2006, 03:00 PM
yea thats pretty bad he got 4 and a half more for that...

BB2W
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
FREE TANK!!!

PisnNapalm
03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
now he's gonna miss next years SB:dang:

LMAO!!:sofunny:

MattsMe
03-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Now that guy is a true fan, lol.

schoondog
03-23-2006, 02:49 AM
maybe the judge was one of the few seahawks fans out there

Need4spd
03-23-2006, 03:20 AM
That's a pretty stiff penalty for not reporting on time especially considering he was only scheduled to do 6 months in the first place. It will probably end up getting reduced at some point.

clevestinks
03-23-2006, 07:54 AM
i LOVE MY BROTHERS BUT screw that, buy the video. FREEDOM is priceless.

Tim
03-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Yeah, this is just dumb on many levels. It's a little creepy that people can be this dumb on purpose.

SalukiSteelers
03-23-2006, 01:48 PM
WTF was he thinking? I'm as a big of a dummy as there is when it comes to sports but I can't imagine throwing away five years of my life to watch a game -- even if it is the SB. Is there Steelers soap-on-a-roap in the gift shop? Tank better hope so or his tank's getting filled for the rest of this decade.