PDA

View Full Version : record setting 25 lb. bass caught in california

tony hipchest
03-22-2006, 04:58 PM
and then released. this couldve been worth $1 million in endorsement and appearance fees for the 3 men who caught it, yet out of an act of kindness they released it. i saw the video of this fish on pti and its HUGE. yet there is controversey whether it can actually be recognized as the record breaker even though its very well documented. heres the story and picture. long story but good read (i know fishermom will like it. perhaps she can explain "foul-hooking" )

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=f_fea_bass_world-record_Weakley_25.1&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

JAG151
03-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Foul hooking is not catching the fish with the hook being in the mouth.
I saw this fish on PTI as well, it was a true HAWG !!! Bet there will be some serious increases in fishing activities on that water!!

tony hipchest
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Foul hooking is not catching the fish with the hook being in the mouth.
I saw this fish on PTI as well, it was a true HAWG !!! Bet there will be some serious increases in fishing activities on that water!!

thanks. what tripped me out was the dude had caught this fish before and the article made it seem like they new eachother, like it was the loch ness monster or something. (him and his 2 friends have got the top 15 pulls out of the lake i guess)

i just keep thinking of the simpsons episode where homer catches the whopper on his and marges relationship repair retreat only to give it up.

clevestinks
03-23-2006, 08:23 AM
It had a mouth and lips like Angelina Jolie! LOL