PDA

View Full Version : Should the Steelers Draft..

SH-Rock
11-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Should the Steelers Draft Mike Pouncey, Maurkice's brother. I really think so. It will create a friendly, brotherly competition between the two and probably both of them will push each other to the limits. Compare this to Pat and Kevin Williams who are a true force in previous years for the Vikings.

lionslicer
11-05-2010, 05:38 PM
They tried this with Farriors brother.. Didn't work out too well.
Steelers actually are down a back up center, but he can also play guard so thats good, but idk its something the Steelers need to address right away.

Williams boys aren't related just so you know.

SH-Rock
11-05-2010, 05:41 PM
They tried this with Farriors brother.. Didn't work out too well.
Steelers actually are down a back up center, but he can also play guard so thats good, but idk its something the Steelers need to address right away.

Williams boys aren't related just so you know.

LOL I just checked that and wow I feel like an idiot now

Sorry everyone

lionslicer
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
LOL I just checked that and wow I feel like an idiot now

Sorry everyone

Its okay, I used to think they were related too a couple years ago. Its rare to find 2 brothers on a team. Carson and his brother are on the Bengals, but only because Carson requested him.
Generally because the brother will play the same position and also wants to start lol, so they opt for another team.

SH-Rock
11-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Well they did play with each other in Florida, so they do have some chemistry

truesteelerfan
11-05-2010, 06:50 PM
We need to draft someone who doesn't know how to hit...They can make plays with "finesse" - gross me out....Don't want to have a rookie run out of money because of too many fines...Stupid King Goodell.

sharkweek
11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
We should draft him only if it makes sense to, and not because he's a brother to any of our teammates.

If the Pouncey genes are good for football and his brother has the same drive and skill sets then by all means he could be an excellent edition to the team. But we shouldn't draft him just because they are related. Eli Manning went high in the draft and is payed a ton of money for being related to Peyton Manning, he's otherwise mediocre or even sub par QB. He's a best a little better than a game manager but he's one of the highest paid QBs in the league, again, all because of his name.

We don't need to do that here in Pittsburgh, we've proven time and again to be smarter than that.

steelerchad
11-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Mike's having a tough year down at Florida. I'd only draft him if he falls to us as a BPA pick. Have him play guard.

pete74
11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
as much as i would like to have hima tackel or d-line is way more important

MikeHaullace
11-06-2010, 02:10 AM
as much as i would like to have hima tackel or d-line is way more important

Yeah. I kind of have my hopes towards a D-Linemen in the 1st Round.

ricardisimo
11-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Tackle or corner.

NYC_Steeler
11-06-2010, 06:46 AM
A kicker so that we can dump Reed would be the Holy Grail.

steelerdave1969
11-06-2010, 08:46 AM
NYC I really think you have a great point there my friend. I used to really think alot of our Kicker, but the last 2 years have really done me in on him. You cant count on him for sure this year and I think he will not be back next year anyways and I hope that I am right. I just hope that the Steelers can have a chance at a top DB or anywhere on that Offensive Line except Center cuz I think Pouncey is ProBowl bound year after year.

markymarc
11-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Put my vote in for drafting Mike Pouncey in the first round in 2011.

SqhillSteeler
11-06-2010, 05:02 PM
As i have heard Coach T say from an inside source, he wants to "put the band back together" and is hopeing mike pouncey has a down year so he falls to the steelers, possibly in the second round. But look for him to get picked up early based off of what Maurkice has done in the league so far.

Steel_Bus_24
11-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Id love to get both Bros but we're really hurting at DL depth........Two guys I got my eye on is Auburn's DT Nick Fairley and Wisconsin's JJ Watt.....both got high motors and eat up and fight through blockers well

PhantomJB93
11-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Im all for him if he fell to us in the second round somehow (probably wont), but we need Dline, Corner, or OT in the first round.

Fire Arians
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Im all for him if he fell to us in the second round somehow (probably wont), but we need Dline, Corner, or OT in the first round.

agree, dline is probably our biggest need atm

steelerohio
11-07-2010, 12:38 AM
I wish there's a "it depends" option... depends on if we got what we needed and then if he's still available later when we end up on the board...

ricardisimo
11-07-2010, 12:55 AM
We're number one in rushing D, and we just drafted a d-lineman two years ago. Meanwhile, we're stopping NOBODY in the air, and our O-Line is almost as weak as ever (Maurkice Pouncey notwithstanding). How could corner, tackle or guard not be the priority?

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 01:25 AM
We're number one in rushing D, and we just drafted a d-lineman two years ago. Meanwhile, we're stopping NOBODY in the air, and our O-Line is almost as weak as ever (Maurkice Pouncey notwithstanding). How could corner, tackle or guard not be the priority?

well a case could be made for any but d-line is the area we're most thin at. kiesel and smith are very late in their careers, and who knows how long we can rely on them to stay healthy? hampton is also getting old. Hoke is good but behind him who else can play DT? Though since we run a 3-4 I'm sure we can get potential quality replacements in rd 2-4

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 01:42 AM
well a case could be made for any but d-line is the area we're most thin at. kiesel and smith are very late in their careers, and who knows how long we can rely on them to stay healthy? hampton is also getting old. Hoke is good but behind him who else can play DT? Though since we run a 3-4 I'm sure we can get potential quality replacements in rd 2-4

Hoke is also older than Casey, Eason is old-ish and injury prone as a backup, imagine if he was a starter. Hood could turn out to be good or atleast decent. There aren't really any options.
But Smith was a 4th rounder, Keisel I think was undrafted or atleast a very late pick, and before him Kimo was from the Bengals and also a late pick. Hampton was a first rounder, so if there is a great nose tackle in the draft the Steelers will take him first round.

The problem with Hood was that he was more of a Warren Sapp type defensive tackle. Sapp took 3 years to get used to being a 3-4 defensive end, but he hated it and it ultimitately caused him to retire. Coaching staff needs to buckle down and find a selfless player to take that role.

MDSteel15
11-07-2010, 09:55 AM
You can say what you want about taking DBs in the 1st but I am tired of this "late game rally against our secondary bullsh$t"!!! I want a shut down corner so Troy doesn't have to cheat all the time to save their azzes....