PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Signs with Raiders/Vanderjagt Signs with Cowboys

83-Steelers-43
03-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Brooks: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380454

As for the Vanderjagt signing....it was on ESPN this morning.

TexaSteeler
03-23-2006, 12:45 PM
I can see him and TO taking turns marching up and down the sidlines yelling at each other.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2381104

Ambridge
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Sounds like Jerry Jones is challenging Dan Snyder to see who can be "The Most Desperate Owner" trying to literally win at all "costs".

Too bad the big signings aren't going to help either one of them because they both have QB's that suck and should be back-ups at best and not starters.

hmmmmmmmm
03-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Lol at you saying Bledsoe sucks....if you protect him hes one of the most accurate QBs in the league not to mention he has a pretty big arm. Before Adams went down he was the best or one of the best in the NFC....after the protection fell apart so did he.

T.O. was the only #1 WR worth a damn left and Vanderjagt was the only good kicker left....what would you have done if you were the owner?

3 to be 4
03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Lol at you saying Bledsoe sucks....if you protect him hes one of the most accurate QBs in the league not to mention he has a pretty big arm. Before Adams went down he was the best or one of the best in the NFC....after the protection fell apart so did he.

T.O. was the only #1 WR worth a damn left and Vanderjagt was the only good kicker left....what would you have done if you were the owner?

as a Patriot fan who watched Nancy Drew for years all i have to say is.....
hahahahahahahahahaha

there is ALWAYS a reason for his failures. Hes great for putting together great half-seasons. Now he'll have no more excuses.

boLT fan
03-23-2006, 06:57 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Gs5USLtg&search=aaron%20brooks%20

Good luck Raiders! :sofunny:

Ambridge
03-23-2006, 07:00 PM

Most QB's tend to play better with protection and no one in their face.

Put away my checkbook and saved a lot of cash

3 to be 4
03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
remember this is Dallas. if Rae Carruth were available they'd take a look.

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-23-2006, 07:25 PM
remember this is Dallas. if Rae Carruth were available they'd take a look.He wouldn't be available. The Ravens would have snatched him up.

hmmmmmmmm
03-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes I know most QBs would....when Bledsoe had that he was excellent. We filled needs on the Line so I dont see why he wouldnt be even better with T.O. and Glenn on the opposite side.

So youd go another year missing the playoffs is what youre telling me. Cause Dallas did not have a kicker or a #1 WR.

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
So youd go another year missing the playoffs is what youre telling me. Cause Dallas did not have a kicker or a #1 WR.

philly had t.o. and d. akers last year. they missed the playoffs. j. jones bought 2 good players. not a playoff appearance. this talk reeks of the raven fans of last year. sb champion steelers almost missed the playoffs after a 7-5 start. anything can happen. namely all teams in the nfc east going 4-4 within the division.

i must add its always been dalass' m.o. to overspend on free agents like t.o. and treat kickers like 2nd class citezens. who woulda helped more? a decent kicker or m. wiley or l. glover? the trade for d. henson was nice. maybe a trade for a kicker was more in order. vanderjagt may be too little, to late

hmmmmmmmm
03-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Philly had a good team but they had their QB get hurt the first game of the season and then try being superman when he needed surgery. I can blame that season on not having a quality back up.

Glover helped alot but he was gonna get to much and I think Parcells thought he was undersized or something. A Kicker would have got us into the playoffs last year....but I think if we had an actual #1 WR last year we woulda been in easily. Owners are supposed to fill needs with the best available players.....There was nothing wrong with Glover or that bum Wiley being picked up (especially since we thought we had a kicker till he broke himself).

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
(especially since we thought we had a kicker till he broke himself).

and who the hell was that? wait... dont answer. the last "kicker" they had was "bungholeio" c. boniol and thats not saying much.

not only did the cowboys have #1 wr galloway (way overpaid, for way too long, for way too sucky of qb's) they had the #1 overall pick in the draft in keyshawn. they all share a distinct similarity with t.o. THEYRE OLD along with overpaid.

i can easilly admitt vanderjagtoff is 10x better than any kicker theyve had in years. good thing jimmy johnsons not his coach.

hmmmmmmmm
03-23-2006, 09:41 PM
No, Cundiff was decent...alot better than when he came back from his injury with us this year.

I dont know why we got rid of Galloway cause he could still put up good numbers and proved that with a crappy QB. Keyshawn wasnt a threat for anything but short routes over the middle...not a #1 like T.O. can be and I hope he will be.

Ill agree with that too.....I think hell make a big difference knowing that we have someone to rely on and we dont need a TD every possession.

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 10:07 PM
No, Cundiff was decent...alot better than when he came back from his injury with us this year.

I dont know why we got rid of Galloway cause he could still put up good numbers and proved that with a crappy QB. . :dang: i said galloway and meant glenn. same difference either way.

the steelers and patriots have dispelled the myth of needing a true #1 wr (whatever the hell that is) an can anyone tell me who the tampa bay buc's #1 was when they won the sb? (rhetorical- johnson or mccardell)

st. louis proved the value of having 3 strong receivers 1-3. bledsoe, jones, witten, t.o., and glenn are a formidable opponent if they all play their best yet. but they have to all have career seasons. it waits to be seen if the sum of the whole is greater than their parts.

teams like the steelers, patriots, and seahawks have chemistry thats been building for years. that cannot be discounted.

hmmmmmmmm
03-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Yes but the Steelers and Patriots had good running games, good blocking, good QBs and an all around good WR core. The Cowboys dont have that good of a QB they had a good running game but without blocking it didnt matter and they had a decent WR core. With a playmaker like Owens we can lack a little in the QB department and maybe a little in blocking and still make it into the playoffs....who knows if well be set to do anything but well be there.

The Cowboys have the chemistry on defense....but we shuffle so many players on offense its impossible...so we gotta get the best in F/A and eventually build the team on the offensive side of the ball in the draft like weve done with the Defense

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Yes but the Steelers and Patriots had good running games, good blocking, good QBs and an all around good WR core. The Cowboys dont have that good of a QB they had a good running game but without blocking it didnt matter and they had a decent WR core. With a playmaker like Owens we can lack a little in the QB department and maybe a little in blocking and still make it into the playoffs....who knows if well be set to do anything but well be there.

The Cowboys have the chemistry on defense....but we shuffle so many players on offense its impossible...so we gotta get the best in F/A and eventually build the team on the offensive side of the ball in the draft like weve done with the Defense yes, the bengals need to do the same on defense and hope that all the new components gel. it looked so great for the ravens last off-season. especially when they "stole" k. vincent from the steelers and added the "best" f.a. cb and wr in the game.

food for thought.

DIESELMAN
03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Brooks hasn't been promised the starting job, but he should win the competition this summer against Marques Tuiasosopo and Andrew Walter. If Al Davis drafts Young, Brooks will merely be a stop-gap until Young is ready.Brooks might be looking over his shoulder again as soon as he begins to screw up?which never takes him too long.

Tha rock
03-24-2006, 10:56 PM

your kidding me right with shell back and brooks with moss and porter Td's all day and he was trying to make a play but shoveling throwing it to the big guy the big guy was dumb and can move so it made aaron look dumb!

Livinginthe past
03-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Wow that is the definiton of a brain freeze.

Throwing the ball backwards when your O-Line is already overwhelmed is one of the craziest, funniest things I have seen in a while.

I cant wait for the Brooks to Porter and Moss TD-fest - I wonder if it will beat the record setting effort from Collins to Porter and Moss from last year - you just cant cover these guys!

NM

Tha rock
03-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Wow that is the definiton of a brain freeze.

Throwing the ball backwards when your O-Line is already overwhelmed is one of the craziest, funniest things I have seen in a while.

I cant wait for the Brooks to Porter and Moss TD-fest - I wonder if it will beat the record setting effort from Collins to Porter and Moss from last year - you just cant cover these guys!

NM

see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjSB6wxJ2E&search=Aaron%20Brooks

hes not as bad as people try and make him out to be were back you'll see.

3 to be 4
03-25-2006, 07:58 AM
see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjSB6wxJ2E&search=Aaron%20Brooks

hes not as bad as people try and make him out to be were back you'll see.

back when you see people try and make him bad is reelly were back there

Livinginthe past
03-25-2006, 10:07 AM
back when you see people try and make him bad is reelly were back there

Confused syntax I am seeing young Jedi. :sofunny:

NM

Tha rock
03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Confused syntax I am seeing young Jedi. :sofunny:

NM

ok???

Livinginthe past
03-25-2006, 04:50 PM
ok???

You got a prediction for this year then Tha Rock?

Them Raiders are still in a tough division.

My guess is 4-12 or 5-11.

NM

3 to be 4
03-25-2006, 05:11 PM
this years "Commitment to Excellence" should bring about a solid 7-9 season.

83-Steelers-43
03-25-2006, 05:16 PM
this years "Commitment to Excellence" should bring about a solid 7-9 season.

LOL....very nice. I agree.

BTW, sorry to hear about your mom 3 to be 4. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tha rock
03-25-2006, 05:32 PM
how bout we make a bet a sig bet if i win you have to wear a sig of my chossing if i loose you pick the sig i pick the raiders to win at least 8-10 games you make your prediction now anyone.

MichiSteeler
03-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok, my prediction is.....

raiders suck again:bouncy:

Livinginthe past
03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
how bout we make a bet a sig bet if i win you have to wear a sig of my chossing if i loose you pick the sig i pick the raiders to win at least 8-10 games you make your prediction now anyone.

That sig bet is no good - you are hardly ever here. If I could see you with a 'faiders' sig over at raiderfans.net then that would be very worth it.

Raiders wont break 8 games this year as far as wins go.

NM

Tha rock
03-25-2006, 09:56 PM
That sig bet is no good - you are hardly ever here. If I could see you with a 'faiders' sig over at raiderfans.net then that would be very worth it.

Raiders wont break 8 games this year as far as wins go.

NM

we will see then ill wear it there and here do you have a home site???

3 to be 4
03-25-2006, 11:55 PM

what?

Livinginthe past
03-26-2006, 12:45 AM
we will see then ill wear it there and here do you have a home site???

Well unfortunately I am unable to post or view anything at raiderfans.net as I am banned there.

Im amazed you think the Raiders can win 9 games this year.

NM

Tha rock
03-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Well unfortunately I am unable to post or view anything at raiderfans.net as I am banned there.

Im amazed you think the Raiders can win 9 games this year.

NM

yes i do thinks so so is this bet on or what??

Livinginthe past
03-26-2006, 07:08 AM
yes i do thinks so so is this bet on or what??

Ok then - I tell you what we will do.

If the Raiders win 9 games next year (not including pre-season :sofunny: ) I will wear a sig of your choice at patfans.com.

If they win 8 games or less you have to wear a sig of my choice at raiderfans.net - and I will have someone check in and make sure you are sticking to your half of the deal.

9-7 or better and you win.

8-8 or worse and I win.

Hows that sound?

NM

3 to be 4
03-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I I deafitly think it 7 games for Raiders year next dont you bet some

Tha rock
03-26-2006, 09:37 AM
I I deafitly think it 7 games for Raiders year next dont you bet some

i never bet it ruins the game for me, but in this case i will i have faith.

Tha rock
03-26-2006, 09:39 AM

If the Raiders win 9 games next year (not including pre-season :sofunny: ) I will wear a sig of your choice at patfans.com.

If they win 8 games or less you have to wear a sig of my choice at raiderfans.net - and I will have someone check in and make sure you are sticking to your half of the deal.

8-8 or worse and I win.

Hows that sound?

NM

8-8 wash anything below that and i will ok ill stick to the deal otherwise ill have to sign up to patsfans.com LOL

silver & black
03-26-2006, 06:39 PM

Now, how did I know that vid clip was going to be the backward throw?!

Seriously, do you think that he could possibly be worse than Collins? I don't.

The way it was put to us was: Brooks is being signed as back up to Andrew Walter, but they will compete for the job. It is Walter's job to lose. I guess we will see. At any rate, it can't possibly be worse than Collins.... no way!!!

silver & black
03-26-2006, 06:53 PM

NM
I have one. 8-8, possibly 9-7. We are at least two years away from contending, probably three. We are definately still in a tough division but, I think Kansas City is going to go on a slide this year. I don't have anything to substantiate that... just a gut feeling. They are getting old and I don't think Trent Green is going to have a great year.

There is no way that we go winless in our division this year. We will beat the Chiefs and Chargers once... maybe The donks, but I doubt it.

I just hope to see some improvement this year. I refuse to don the rose colored glasses that so many other Raider fans are fond of. I've been a Raider fan for way too manyyears to start kidding myself now.

silver & black
03-26-2006, 06:59 PM

8-8 or worse and I win.

Hows that sound?

NM
I'm on RF.net every day. I'll check for you. I don't recall ever seeing tha rock on there though. Do you have another name on RF.net rock?

Tha rock
03-26-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm on RF.net every day. I'll check for you. I don't recall ever seeing tha rock on there though. Do you have another name on RF.net rock?

im a hall of fame member there and im always there my name is tha rizzock there.

Tha rock
03-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Now, how did I know that vid clip was going to be the backward throw?!

Seriously, do you think that he could possibly be worse than Collins? I don't.

The way it was put to us was: Brooks is being signed as back up to Andrew Walter, but they will compete for the job. It is Walter's job to lose. I guess we will see. At any rate, it can't possibly be worse than Collins.... no way!!!

no way brooks all the way i cant wait to see him and moss lighting it up.

WWIIOwheelz
03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
My buddy's a huge Raiders fan, old-school. He cussed so much about Kerry Collins last year it was comical. He's happy about Brooks.

Tha rock
03-26-2006, 10:31 PM
My buddy's a huge Raiders fan, old-school. He cussed so much about Kerry Collins last year it was comical. He's happy about Brooks.

evryone is he can be a good qb.

3 to be 4
03-26-2006, 11:37 PM

old-school. Brooks. this may be dated but his nickname now has to be

Our Miss Brooks

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 01:51 AM
old-school. Brooks. this may be dated but his nickname now has to be

Our Miss Brooks

more like brooks the best or air brooks where did you come up with ms.brooks??

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 05:05 AM
as a Patriot fan who watched Nancy Drew for years all i have to say is.....
hahahahahahahahahaha

there is ALWAYS a reason for his failures. Hes great for putting together great half-seasons. Now he'll have no more excuses.

I wholeheartedly AGREE! He was almost as bad as Maddox and the "phantom winds." That guy ALWAYS had an excuse for everything...and I am so glad he is gone. Honestly, he is the only Steeler I have disliked my entire life (I'm 40 and a Steelers fan since I knew what football was).

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 05:08 AM

NM

I'm more optimistic than you LITP, I'll say ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....6-10.

ROFLMAO!!!!:sofunny:

3 to be 4
03-27-2006, 10:03 AM
more like brooks the best or air brooks where did you come up with ms.brooks??

old TV show. 50's. Eve Arden as a school teacher. old-school. Brooks.

never mind.......

Livinginthe past
03-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I have one. 8-8, possibly 9-7. We are at least two years away from contending, probably three. We are definately still in a tough division but, I think Kansas City is going to go on a slide this year. I don't have anything to substantiate that... just a gut feeling. They are getting old and I don't think Trent Green is going to have a great year.

There is no way that we go winless in our division this year. We will beat the Chiefs and Chargers once... maybe The donks, but I doubt it.

I just hope to see some improvement this year. I refuse to don the rose colored glasses that so many other Raider fans are fond of. I've been a Raider fan for way too manyyears to start kidding myself now.

Hey Silver,

Good to see you again!

I think thats a fairly brave prediction - but then a fan has to be optimistic right?!

I have a similar feeling about Miami that you have about Kansas City - I feel that Miami may have missed the window of opportunity when they had a dominant D ; now they have offense but will the D be too old?

Kansas could be the mirror opposite - its a shame they couldnt have spent a bit of money on the D when Green, Gonzalez and Holmes were in their prime.

I happen to think Collins done ok for the first half of last year, but then the pressure of a poor D and no running game began to tell and he was forced to air it out there.

Wasn't there a period at the beginning of the year when he went a large amount of attempts without an INT?

What do you think the Raiders will be looking at player/position wise in the first 3 rounds of this years draft?

NM

3 to be 4
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
KC will be a better team with Herm Edwards as their coach. Edwards got the Jets to 3 playoff berths. Vermeil had 1 playoff year out of 5. hmm, when Belichick did that in Cleveland he was a "failure". Vermeil cries and cries and everybody says what a great job he did.

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey Silver,

Good to see you again!

I think thats a fairly brave prediction - but then a fan has to be optimistic right?!

I have a similar feeling about Miami that you have about Kansas City - I feel that Miami may have missed the window of opportunity when they had a dominant D ; now they have offense but will the D be too old?

Kansas could be the mirror opposite - its a shame they couldnt have spent a bit of money on the D when Green, Gonzalez and Holmes were in their prime.

I happen to think Collins done ok for the first half of last year, but then the pressure of a poor D and no running game began to tell and he was forced to air it out there.

Wasn't there a period at the beginning of the year when he went a large amount of attempts without an INT?

What do you think the Raiders will be looking at player/position wise in the first 3 rounds of this years draft?

NM

what rounds of the draft??

Livinginthe past
03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
what rounds of the draft??

Rounds 1, 2, and 3 - how many picks do the Raiders have in the first 3 rounds?

What position needs the biggest upgrade on the current Raiders team, and what players would you like to see picked?

NM

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Rounds 1, 2, and 3 - how many picks do the Raiders have in the first 3 rounds?

What position needs the biggest upgrade on the current Raiders team, and what players would you like to see picked?

NM

we need a DE, OLB, SS and OG
here is my mock for u

1. mike huff S texas
2. thomas howard LB texas el paso
3. fred matua OG USC
4. best d-end available
6. best OL men
7. best OLmen

Livinginthe past
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
we need a DE, OLB, SS and OG
here is my mock for u

1. mike huff S texas
2. thomas howard LB texas el paso
3. fred matua OG USC
4. best d-end available
6. best OL men
7. best OLmen

Thats a nice mock, rock!

In the Steelers forum there is a thread about which player you would pick if you could have anyone - my choice would be Michael Huff - he can start in his first year and can play either DB position.

Howard is getting some love - alot of people are saying he is just as talented as AJ Hawk but he just didnt get the press.

For the record my mock was -

1. Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
2. Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa
3a. Jospeh Addai, RB, LSU
3b. Daryll Tapp, OLB/DE, Virginia Tech

NM

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Thats a nice mock, rock!

In the Steelers forum there is a thread about which player you would pick if you could have anyone - my choice would be Michael Huff - he can start in his first year and can play either DB position.

Howard is getting some love - alot of people are saying he is just as talented as AJ Hawk but he just didnt get the press.

For the record my mock was -

1. Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
2. Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa
3a. Jospeh Addai, RB, LSU
3b. Daryll Tapp, OLB/DE, Virginia Tech

NM

hodge, tapp and aadai might be gone by the time you pick bro.

Livinginthe past
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
hodge, tapp and aadai might be gone by the time you pick bro.

Thats a possibilty. I did these picks a couple of weeks back on another football forum.

Here is a link to the thread.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5820

Josephs Addai's stock has risen quite a bit since then after his workouts.

NM

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
i love that mock and i want it to happen who do you got in our season opener??

on that MNF game raiders and chargers AKA sparklers

silver & black
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
im a hall of fame member there and im always there my name is tha rizzock there.
Ah, ok, I know who you are.

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Ah, ok, I know who you are.

what your name there did you vote for me???

silver & black
03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey Silver,

Good to see you again!

NM
Hey LITP, nice to hear from you too. I haven't been on here for a while, thought I would check in to see what was going on with my Steeler friends.

I know that was a brave prediction but, I really think things aren't as bleak as evryone would like to think. The Raiders are moving slow and cautious. If I know Al, he has something up his sleeve. What, I wouldn't even hazzard a guess. As far as the draft, I don't have a clue what Al will do. I would love to see us get AJ Hawk or Mario Williams, but I think that is just a pipe dream... but you never know.

I think Shell back as coach is a good thing. I know some don't agree but, I think he will, at the very least, instill a sense of pride, commitment, and work ethic. The team will also learn what it means to be a Raider. Eatman and Slater can only improve the O line... they sure aren't going to hurt it! The only question mark is Tom Walsh as OC... we shall see.

As far as QB, I hope that Walter gets the start. I would like to see him play, take his lumps and learn. With the arrival of Brooks, I doubt that's going to happen, but you never know. I do think Brooks will be better with the Raiders than he was with the Saints. That whole situation in NO can't be good for any player's attitude. Maybe all he needs is a change of scenery... if I remember correctly, the same things were being said about Plunkett, and look how that turned out.

The NFL is a funny animal... you never know what will happen, good or bad. I never thought in a million years that the Raiders would go from the Superbowl to the basement in the blink of an eye. They just might surprise everyone and come back just as quick. Untill the season starts, everything is just speculation. I've been fortunate to see all five Superbowl appearances and three Superbowl wins... I'm still young enough to see a few more! That's why we're all fans... right?

silver & black
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
what your name there did you vote for me???
My name is the same as on here. Did I vote for you for what?

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 07:36 PM
My name is the same as on here. Did I vote for you for what?

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66832

on here vote for me tha rizzock

tatumallen32
03-27-2006, 07:40 PM
lol........did you vote for me?

Tha rock
03-27-2006, 07:42 PM
lol........did you vote for me?

i didnt see u on a poll??

tatumallen32
03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
jus playin good luck though