PDA

View Full Version : What games are you watching today?

SteelCityMom
11-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Most likely I'll only be watching the Miami/Balt game. Maybe some of the GB/Dallas game tonight.

Most of the other games today don't interest me too much, plus we're having a cookout and movie night, seemed like a good option to no Steelers football lol.

Wallace108
11-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I'll be getting some work done (or at least thinking about getting some work done), but I'd like to see the Raiders/Chiefs game. I never would have thought that would an intriguing matchup.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I would prefer to be watching the Steelers in a daytime game since i am not a fan of this 3 game stretch of night games, but it gives me a chance to use Sunday Ticket for more than just watching the Steelers

Plan to switch between Miami-Ravens/Falcons-Bucs and, if it stays close, Pats-Browns. Will switch between Colts-Eagles and Chiefs-Raiders in the late game

I will be taking a pass on Cowboys-Packers - i cannot imagine how that will be a competitive game and Dallas is so bad watching them get blown out has moved from entertaining to boring

SteelKnight
11-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Most likely I'll only be watching the Miami/Balt game. Maybe some of the GB/Dallas game tonight.

Most of the other games today don't interest me too much, plus we're having a cookout and movie night, seemed like a good option to no Steelers football lol.

That sounds good.

Both those games sound interesting.

I hope Miami can man up and pull it off. For that one I might watch if Miami keeps it interesting. If not, boo.

The Dallas game would be more interesting with Romo. Now it is just plain sad. If GB can't pull it off, they are dropping in my rankings though...lol I'll find something else to watch.

The Indy/Phili game looks to be a good one.

SH-Rock
11-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Go Cleveland.

10-0 vs Pats

Hobbes
11-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I would like to see the Dolphins/Ratbirds game but we are stuck with Chargers/Texans and Bucs/Falcons. :banging:
I'll do some work around the house and wait for Nascar at Texas. Go Clint Bowyer!! We will probably check that Raiders/Chiefs game out as well.

SH-Rock
11-07-2010, 12:15 PM
How is NASCAR entertaining? It's just one big left turn.

SH-Rock
11-07-2010, 12:19 PM
7-7
Dolphins vs Ratbirds

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
cleveland is looking tough

SteelCityMom
11-07-2010, 12:42 PM
A lot of good games so far. Ravens lead Miami 10-7 now (don't expect Miami to win, but that would be REAL nice).

Browns still up 10-0 against the Pats (Go Browns!)

Chargers just took the lead back over the Texans 14-10 (Go Texans!)

Lions are leading the Jets 7-0...Hope they can pull off a win, but that's a longshot I'm sure.

None of the other games interest me that much, not even the Favre game.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
do you guys think the steelers-browns rivalry will be intense soon? as much as I don't like the idea of cleveland becoming a threat, i kinda miss the old days where the rivalry actually meant something.

they been playing extremely tough all season, and seem to have found their future qb. it looks like they're on the rise.

yay flacco sacked again!

oh snap botched field goal, go dolphins lol

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 01:10 PM
browns up 17-7 my god am i seeing this right? its not like the browns are getting lucky, they're taking it to the pats and putting drives on them

SH-Rock
11-07-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm scared the next time Steelers vs the Browns

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Miami Balt game and then the Philly and Indy game which looks like it will be a shoot out.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 01:48 PM
hillis is killing the pats. miami is garbage

24-7 browns. what the freakin hell? lol. they are playing like a team possessed. that TD drive also took almost 8 minutes off the clock

brandon merriweather injured. karma's a bitch aint it?

SteelKnight
11-07-2010, 02:02 PM
browns up 17-7 my god am i seeing this right? its not like the browns are getting lucky, they're taking it to the pats and putting drives on them

I swear I almost mentioned I was interested in the Browns NE game. The Pats are not the same without Moss. We can talk about their defense but their offense blows. Brady is my fantasy QB...I know. I haven't seen 20 in a long time.

I really like Colt McCoy as a person. I wish he didn't go to the Browns. He was the kind of guy I wanted to root for because nobody believed in him. Tat said, I liked Bradford, Tebow and McCoy. I didn't like the vibe from Clausen.

tony hipchest
11-07-2010, 02:08 PM
the dolphins/ravens is kinda disheartening. miami keeps dropping easy interceptions and flacco ALWAYS has a rb to check down to or plenty of screens to the RB and TE that go for a 1st down.

if tomlin kenw now what he knew then, he woulda shitcanned arians and hired cameron after he was no longer miamis HC.

(definitely gonna have NASCAR and nfl on 2 tv's today).

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I swear I almost mentioned I was interested in the Browns NE game. The Pats are not the same without Moss. We can talk about their defense but their offense blows. Brady is my fantasy QB...I know. I haven't seen 20 in a long time.

I really like Colt McCoy as a person. I wish he didn't go to the Browns. He was the kind of guy I wanted to root for because nobody believed in him. Tat said, I liked Bradford, Tebow and McCoy. I didn't like the vibe from Clausen.

i haven't said this in a long time, but I'm impressed with cleveland.

another drive that takes 7:45 off the clock, this game is pretty much out of reach barring a miracle by NE

SteelCityMom
11-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Blah...sucks to see Baltimore win. The Bengals game just got that much bigger.

SD winning sucked too, but I still don't see that team going very far the rest of the season.

Pats losing to the Browns was awesome though.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
damn i feel bad for detroit, they always get so close just to lose it at the end. i know the game's not over yet but it just seems like that kind of season for them

SH-Rock
11-07-2010, 03:23 PM
damn i feel bad for detroit, they always get so close just to lose it at the end. i know the game's not over yet but it just seems like that kind of season for them

Detroit IMO is a playoff team considering the NFC standards. Expect the Rams and Lions in the playoffs next year

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Detroit IMO is a playoff team considering the NFC standards. Expect the Rams and Lions in the playoffs next year

the rams might even make it this year. lions have a lot of young talent but lack of experience is hurting them when it comes to closing games.

yep that's the game right there, sanchez hits smoketonio for a long gain

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Impressions from mid-afternoon

Everyone can join me in being a Falcons fan on Thursday night against the Ravens

Agree the Pats looked awful - no excuse for the Steelers not handling them next Sunday night

Lions coughed up a 20-10 lead to go to OT and now Santonio makes a 52 yard gain to set up an OT FG for the Jets to win- Jets are very beatable

A new low in NFL marketing as the Colts break out the road throwback unis:banging:

SH-Rock
11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Kudos to the Lions. They played an extremely good game. They just need to fix the holes here and there and they are going to look like a high mid tier, low high tier team next year.

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Impressions from mid-afternoon

Everyone can join me in being a Falcons fan on Thursday night against the Ravens

Agree the Pats looked awful - no excuse for the Steelers not handling them next Sunday night

Lions coughed up a 20-10 lead to go to OT and now Santonio makes a 52 yard gain to set up an OT FG for the Jets to win- Jets are very beatable

A new low in NFL marketing as the Colts break out the road throwback unis:banging:

lol, yeah i was wondering why the Colts did their throwbacks but the Eagles didn't...

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM
One advantage of surfing channels today - a DeShea Townsend sighting!

Did not know he has landed with Colts

DeShea just made a clean hit that would have landed him a fine & flag if he still wore black & gold - since it is the Colts it will slide

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Hard but apparently clean hit on Colts WR Collie draws a flag - Phil Simms calls bulls**t on the call - this is a fine example of the new NFL - it is awful if Collie is hurt but it was not a penalty

Apparently someone now tells Nantz in his earpiece to get on the party line and a defense of the new policy is parroted

Philly fans booing hard

MACH1
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Hard but apparently clean hit on Colts WR Collie draws a flag - Simms calls bulls**t on the call - this is a fine example of the new NFL

Yeah, that's a horse shit call. A good hard clean hit called unnecessary. :doh:

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Hard but apparently clean hit on Colts WR Collie draws a flag - Phil Simms calls bulls**t on the call - this is a fine example of the new NFL - it is awful if Collie is hurt but it was not a penalty

Apparently someone now tells Nantz to get on the party line and a defense of the new policy is parroted

Collie looks paralized, hope he's okay..

Simms has been very hard on late hit calls and roughness calls, I think he sides with fans that the game is changing the rules to much, though he agrees that the NFL has the right to change rules because of saftey... Probably to keep his job.

tony hipchest
11-07-2010, 07:06 PM
One advantage of surfing channels today - a DeShea Townsend sighting!

Did not know he has landed with Colts

DeShea just made a clean hit that would have landed him a fine & flag if he still wore black & gold - since it is the Colts it will slidehow bout the tyrone carter sighting with the chargers? looks like hes doing a bit more than warming the bench.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
haha, dallas losing 28-0, love it

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
I feel bad for Phillips... Nice guy... terrible situation. Maybe he can go coach the Bills again.

SteelKnight
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I feel bad for Phillips... Nice guy... terrible situation. Maybe he can go coach the Bills again.

They lost their Mojo when they let TO go for no good reason. They will never admit it but that's what happened.

TO brought some fight to the Cowboys.