PDA

View Full Version : Eagle hit on Collie

jjpro11
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM
you all see what the ****ing NFL is coming to? you hit a guy too hard, you get penalized. i hope the guy is alright.. but what was the defender supposed to do? Collie got hit initially by a shoulder to chest hit, his head went flying up and made contact with the other defender's head. an absolute JOKE!

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
yeah that shouldn't have been a call. Collie prepared himself for the hit, freak accident that he got injured, but should not have been a penalty. Just a poor call by the refs.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
there was a penalty just because it was against the colts, who are one of the darling teams of the nfl.

if it happened to a patriots receiver, that defender would have been ejected from the game and probably suspended for the remainder of the season just because

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
there was a penalty just because it was against the colts, who are one of the darling teams of the nfl.

if it happened to a patriots receiver, that defender would have been ejected from the game and probably suspended for the remainder of the season just because

Its because Manning is the most marketable player in the NFL and everyone hates Michael Vick... its a conspiracy against Philly so they never win a superbowl!

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah - I posted on this in the "what are you watching" thread

Notice how Simms said the call was crap and after a commercial break Nantz comes back and gets on board with the Goodell party line?

But after everyone in the booth agrees Goodell is right Simms then comes back and says the Browns win today illustrates there is no substitute for being physical to win in the NFL:noidea:

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Glad to see the guys in new york agree that the call was bull shit. Cowher, Marino, Sharpe and Boomer all know the game better than Goodell and his goonies.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
CBS halftime crew not on board with the penalty

Boomer - "league overreacting"

Sharpe - "this is not a personal foul"

Cowher already saying "he should not be fined" - "this was a clean play"

jjpro11
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
just wait until tonight guys.. we'll see all the NBC homos (Peter King, Florio, Harrison, and even Dungy) come up with some horseshit reason as to why the hit was illegal and the player should be fined.

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
just wait until tonight guys.. we'll see all the NBC homos (Peter King, Florio, Harrison, and even Dungy) come up with some horseshit reason as to why the hit was illegal and the player should be fined.

Cowher said the NFL offices told him that because Collie was hit before his 2nd foot came down that it made him a defenseless reciever...
I just don't understand the logic of that, no way the refs saw that, no way either saftey saw that when they laid the hit on him. And he braced for the hit... But because Collie was injured, you'll see the NFL will make it an issue.

ZoneBlitzer
11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
If they fine the tackler, then I'll be speechless. That was a totally legally and rather routine hit. He even made a point of using his shoulder. The league needs to introduce the new helmets.

Whodis
11-07-2010, 06:50 PM
I thought it was a clean hit. The reciever ducked and looked like a bang bang play. This is a terrible trend for agressive defense. I'm really curious to see if they fine coleman.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 06:50 PM
that's it im cheering for the eagles to win this, i want anything that goodell doesn't want to happen ;)

steelerchad
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm really curious to see if Collie is OK. He didn't look good. No movement at all.

lionslicer
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm really curious to see if Collie is OK. He didn't look good. No movement at all.

I just heard he has movement and is alert and sitting upright in the locker room. I don't know if he has a concussion or what though.

Fire Arians
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
mike vick with the td, suck it goodell

jjpro11
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
the defender just swiped the back of the helmet of Manning with his hand in the process of forcing a fumble and they called it unnecessary roughness. omg this is a joke.

tony hipchest
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
#58 just wiped the back of mannings helmet with his hand and erases a 4th down fumble, giving the colts 2nd llife at the end of the game.

BS indeed.

Steelers17
11-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Additionally, Dungy will mentor us into a higher state of humanity. :tt03:

Fan Of STEEL
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Did Cowher come to Harrisons defense like he did in this instance?

Atlanta Dan
11-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Mike Wilbon is another reputable sportswriter who is not drinking the Goodell Kool-Aid

Laurel, Md.: Given the ridiculous flag that was thrown on the Austin Collie hit, is the NFL over as we know it (at least defensively)?

Michael Wilbon: Yes. I wrote that two weeks ago. It'll become flag football soon enough. The NFL is afraid of hitting now...What is football going to look like 10 years down the road when all the hard hitting has been eliminated? I'm serious. I get what the NFL is trying to do, but I also know it's a violent game because if it wasn't they'd wear knit caps with logos...No amoutn of fining or suspending is going take all the violence out of football...I take that back; if the powers-that-be remove all the violence, I wonder whether tens of millions will find it appealing the way they do now...I don't have the answer, but I wonder.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/11/04/DI2010110403392.html

lionslicer
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Did Cowher come to Harrisons defense like he did in this instance?

No because when Harrison's hit happen, there was no flag, and no one knew it was illegal at the time, Harrison would be fined before Cowher would get a chance again to say they shouldn't fine Harrison since Cowher is only on the air 1 day a week.

BigRick
11-08-2010, 11:32 PM
#58 just wiped the back of mannings helmet with his hand and erases a 4th down fumble, giving the colts 2nd llife at the end of the game.

BS indeed.

Don't you dare touch the NFL"s Golden Boy! :mad: