PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Pats love our washed-up CB's?

TasmanianTroy271
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
They just resigned Chad Scott, and they signed back Hank Poteat earlier this offseason. I just dont get it... :dang:

Petesburgh66
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
They want the Steelers play books.

Ambridge
03-23-2006, 04:51 PM
They want the Steelers play books.

The way Chad and Hank played I doubt they even knew the Steelers playbook.

Livinginthe past
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Hank Poteat has more rings than he would have got with the Steelers. Mind you, thats probably more of a reason why the Ex-Steeler player prefer to play for the Patriots.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Hank Poteat has more rings than he would have got with the Steelers. Mind you, thats probably more of a reason why the Ex-Steeler player prefer to play for the Patriots.

NMHank doesn't have any rings. And he won't be getting any this year!

Suitanim
03-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Hank Poteat got his ring last year.

I'm not sure what the continued fascination is...had the AFC East live up to 1/10th of the preseason hype as a Division, the Pats wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year, and they have done nothing to improve themselves this offseason except lose integral pieces of their "Dynastic" team, and watch their division rival Dolphins get a lot better.

The fact that they are resigning guys like Chad Scott is all the proof any true Steelers fan needs to know that they are in a serious rebuilding mode. It happens to every team, and they are at least in pretty good shape having a good core to rebuild with.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Chad Scott's good years with us were a long time ago.. there's something to be said for taking chances and being a risk taker as a CB..but there's also something to be said for getting toasted on 9-10 pump fakes !

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Chad Scott's good years with us were a long time ago.. there's something to be said for taking chances and being a risk taker as a CB..but there's also something to be said for getting toasted on 9-10 pump fakes !
dude was turned around easier than a kid playing pin the tail on the donkey.

Livinginthe past
03-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Chad Scott will provide depth - I would imagine he will see playing time as the nickel or dime back where he can afford to take a more attacking attitude.

I wonder why the Steelers persisted so long with a guy who is such a liablilty in coverage - maybe coaching was the problem?

The Pats have some nice depth at CB, if they can keep the guys healthy and get Rodney H back in the mix.

NM

stillthere
03-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Chad Scott will provide depth - I would imagine he will see playing time as the nickel or dime back where he can afford to take a more attacking attitude.

I wonder why the Steelers persisted so long with a guy who is such a liablilty in coverage - maybe coaching was the problem?

Scott may be just a depth player or they may want to convert him to safety ( A move he should have made about 4 years back). He is not a 1on1 guy.

The Steeler persisted with him because they signed him to a contract that was worth more than he could produce at after they got Heinz they went on a little spending spree and learned their lesson. Washington, Scott, Gildon all got overpaid. In anticipation of the money coming in they re-uppped Kordell to more than he was worth as well. What did Rooney say "The House That Kordell Built". Holy mutha he could not have been more off target.

Livinginthe past
03-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Scott may be just a depth player or they may want to convert him to safety ( A move he should have made about 4 years back). He is not a 1on1 guy.

The Steeler persisted with him because they signed him to a contract that was worth more than he could produce at after they got Heinz they went on a little spending spree and learned their lesson. Washington, Scott, Gildon all got overpaid. In anticipation of the money coming in they re-uppped Kordell to more than he was worth as well. What did Rooney say "The House That Kordell Built". Holy mutha he could not have been more off target.

I think that may well turn out to be a nice call - a conversion to safety might be what the coaches are looking at.

As far as over paying goes, everyone makes that mistake now and then - Kordell happened to be a huge one.

NM