PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones talks consequences

SteelCityMom
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Cowboys owner Jones: 'I've got a lot of decisions to make'
Nov. 7, 2010 at 01:13 a.m. Updated: Nov. 8, 2010 at 08:36 a.m.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bf3b11/article/cowboys-owner-jones-ive-got-a-lot-of-decisions-to-make?module=HP_headlines

The Cowboys' lost season reached a new low point in Sunday night's 45-7 pasting by the Green Bay Packers, and Dallas owner Jerry Jones is starting to sound like a man ready to do something about it.

Jones spoke to reporters after the Cowboys' fifth-straight loss dropped his team to 1-7, making it clear changes could be around the corner in Big D.

"There are a lot of people that certainly are going to suffer and suffer consequences," Jones said.

NFL Network insider Albert Breer reports that Jones plans to meet with the coaching staff Monday afternoon, according to a league source. The meeting is not part of their Monday routine, according to the source.

Jones was seated in a private box at Lambeau Field, and it wasn't long before it became clear he and embattled head coach Wade Phillips were in for yet another very long night.

The Packers scored 28 points in the second quarter, making the game's result a foregone conclusion by halftime.

Jones didn't make any direct references to the job security of Phillips. The owner said last week that there would be no midseason coaching change, however, the nature of Sunday's loss reignites speculation that Phillips won't complete a fourth season in Dallas.

Jones instead talked big picture, a picture that has become an unacceptable one for the organization and its fanbase.

"We have so many things that we need to correct and address that this game so vividly exposed," Jones said. "I've got a lot of work to do. I've got a lot of decisions to make."

When asked what areas needed to be improved, Jones wasn't sure where to start.

"I can't put my finger on it because I don't have enough fingers," he said.

Jones, who also serves as the team president and general manager, made it clear Sunday that the responsibility was his to send the Cowboys back in the right direction.

"I think everybody in this country would agree that there's something wrong with this team, and I've got to address it."

MACH1
11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Couldn't happen to a better team. Cept maybe the cheats*.

Atlanta Dan
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Jerry Jones finally figures it out about 2 years too late - Wade Philips will not coach your players up to the level required to win a championship

The question for any new coach seeking the big payday is whether the benefit of the Cowboys' financial resources is outweighed by the detriment of the Jones family being so involved in the operations of the team

Cowher is the likely suspect Jones wants to follow Phillips, but with the other jobs that probably will be out there (Houston, Carolina, San Fran) only Jacksonville and Minnesota are clearly less attractive options for a coaching candidate

Fire Arians
11-08-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=281ITxdvcco

rbryan
11-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Trust me....Jones hasn't figured out anything. If he did he would fire himself. He's more responsible than the coaches and players combined for this abortion.

zulater
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5780262

It's official, he's fired.

Damn, I was hoping he'd be their coach for life. :chuckle:

lionslicer
11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5780262

It's official, he's fired.

Damn, I was hoping he'd be their coach for life. :chuckle:

Firing coaches mid season is never really the answer, especially when its the players at fault. The players, especially on defense are playing selfish and aren't doing the plays right etc. Jones signs the most egotistical players and expects them to play well and do what they need to do, well it doesn't always work like that. Owens and Moss are examples.

tony hipchest
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
jones spoke of the false and higher expectations of reaching the superbowl this year. for several seasons we have heard the cowboys are the most talented team in the league.

just because jerry makes the mistake of overpaying his entire team like top 5 players doesnt mean they are.

only 2 players on that team are top 5 at their position. ware and witten.

players like newman, davis, flozell, all of their wr',s barber, romo, hamlin etc. had no business getting the contracts they received.

thats jerry jones fault and the fault of the media and all the fans who were sucked in.

same deal with the chargers.

Atlanta Dan
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
jones spoke of the false and higher expectations of reaching the superbowl this year. for several seasons we have heard the cowboys are the most talented team in the league.

just because jerry makes the mistake of overpaying his entire team like top 5 players doesnt mean they are.

only 2 players on that team are top 5 at their position. ware and witten.

players like newman, davis, flozell, all of their wr',s barber, romo, hamlin etc. had no business getting the contracts they received.

thats jerry jones fault and the fault of the media and all the fans who were sucked in.

same deal with the chargers.

I agree with you that the Cowboys' roster is overhyped

OTOH Ed.B. has a PG+ post up this evening about a roster "brimming with talent" and an excellent QB (Romo?:toofunny:) that makes it an attractive job for Cowher (whom Ed says will bring Marvin Lewis in as assistant HC and D coordinator)

steelerdave1969
11-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Sounds to me like Wade Phillips is a great Defensive Coach and maybe that is where he should mainly stay I guess. Cant say I hated the guy, but he just kept saying well . . we will try to these things straightened out. . . . he needed to be more of a man and say that We will get this straightened out. I wish him luck whereever he goes.

steelerohio
11-09-2010, 02:55 PM
he should have fired whoever was in control the web site domain account instead...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cowboys-suffer-domain-name-failure-at-the-worst-?urn=nfl-283761

lionslicer
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I just heard Goodell will force someone to hire Phillips

caplovestroyp43
11-12-2010, 08:19 PM
whatever!! stfu jones. you're a pita!!

:mad: