PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris Yes or no

joeyssteelcurtain
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Al Harris just got cut. If he is healthy what do you guys think about geting him ? I have always liked him i say yes as a 3rd DB

Steel_Bus_24
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
would rather them start working Butler in......it would be good idea anyways because we'll probably lose Ike after this year

Steel-Bryan
11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
i say we give him a chance, you never know what can happen.

PhantomJB93
11-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Please sign him, he'd be a huge improvement and we need all the secondary help we can get now that Smith is out, were gonna be seeing A LOT more passes against us and we wont be getting adequate pressure to save our mediocre seconday...

lionslicer
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Steelers don't have the roster room.

BengalDestroyer
11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
we don't have the roster room, but maybe, they could make room and sign him. Probably won't happen but if it did, not only would improve our secondary with his skills his knowledge (like anyone's) is contagious and that would help the youngsters improve as well as Ike and B Mac. but....we'll see!

Tone's Toes
11-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Dude's 35 and coming off an injury. He's done or close to done. He provides no upgrade.

Atlanta Dan
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Hard to see what Harris has left if the Packers let him go - nobody is going to confuse the Green Bay defense with the 85 Bears or 76 Steelers

Steelers need to try and develop some younger players, not sign another vet on his last legs (and a reconstructed left knee)

Merchant
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
35 is really old for a corner. Highly doubt he has the speed to keep up with the Mike Wallaces anymore.

Steeler4life1972
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I say no....good corner but obviously out of his prime.

Steeler4life1972
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I've always like the steelers philosophy of developing young players...lot of the reason why we have 6 rings...old dogs are just old...hard to teach them new tricks and are set in their playing style.

fer522
11-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Steelers don't have the roster room

LETS CUT TROY :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
:tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

CargoJon
11-08-2010, 10:50 PM
35 is really old for a corner. Highly doubt he has the speed to keep up with the Mike Wallaces anymore.

Most 25 year old corners can't keep up with Mike Wallace.

Anything has to be better than watching William Gay suck arse week after week. Why in the name of God was Gay on TO half the game tonight?

lionslicer
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Most 25 year old corners can't keep up with Mike Wallace.

Anything has to be better than watching William Gay suck arse week after week. Why in the name of God was Gay on TO half the game tonight?

He's a starting corner, he wont settle for backup cash or the spot.. You might say he could take B-Macs spot, but he doesn't have the speed to stay up with anyone right now. And Gay is usually forced to stay 1 on 1 with really good recievers, despite what you see Taylor and Revis and other corners do, its really hard to cover a reciever 1 on 1. Only starters can do it, there aren't any 3rd corners who can do it which is why offenses put starting recievers in the slot position to get matchups problems

CargoJon
11-08-2010, 11:17 PM
He's a starting corner, he wont settle for backup cash or the spot.. You might say he could take B-Macs spot, but he doesn't have the speed to stay up with anyone right now. And Gay is usually forced to stay 1 on 1 with really good recievers, despite what you see Taylor and Revis and other corners do, its really hard to cover a reciever 1 on 1. Only starters can do it, there aren't any 3rd corners who can do it which is why offenses put starting recievers in the slot position to get matchups problems

He's unemployed. Flozell took our offer when he had no other options.

I'm not even saying I want to bring the guy in, but a three-legged golden retriever could cover better than William Gay. Do have to give him credit for that blocked kick though. :thumbsup:

MattsMe
11-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Someday, somewhere, a player will be cut in the NFL. And there will NOT be a thread started asking if the Steelers should sign him.

And the world will be a slightly better place.

lionslicer
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
He's unemployed. Flozell took our offer when he had no other options.

I'm not even saying I want to bring the guy in, but a three-legged golden retriever could cover better than William Gay. Do have to give him credit for that blocked kick though. :thumbsup:

He had no options because he isn't that good and he's old. A lot of people will go after Harris. Especially the Patriots who have a lot of cap room and dont' have a starting corner.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, bring him for a look see, let him go up against Wallace in practice. He covers him some what than find room, minimally try him out, he can not possibly be any worse than the the way the mcf, taylor, troy and gay are playing.
Keep in mind, Harris doesn't need to cover Wallace in a game either, lol..

Troy is now promotioning that age old commerical, I'm going to wash that gray right out of my hair! He is showing his his age and than some the past 3 games.
The only good thing about it, he knows it, you can see the look and frustration on his face, he knows he is sucking it up bad. Could also be because GAY sucks worse than a bunch of San Fran guys on a saturday night out on the town.

Goat27
11-10-2010, 04:35 AM
age isn't the factor it would be his ability to cover in our scheme. I say age isn't a factor because we had Joey Galloway on the team last yr and he is what, 100??

Steelerindc
11-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I think the Steelers need a D-Lineman or O-lineman before CB, especially an old one coming off injury.

Fire Haley
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Exactly

Not only NO, but HELL NO

WE need OL and DL, not some crippled defensive back

Fire Haley
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
and that's the end of that

KFFL - Dolphins | Al Harris signed
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:15:17 -0800

The Miami Dolphins have signed free-agent CB Al Harris (Packers) to a one-year deal, his agent told Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com. Financial terms were not disclosed.

NYC_Steeler
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Moot point: he was signed by the Dolphins to a one year deal. Let's move on...

Fire Arians
11-10-2010, 10:41 AM
lets trade keenan lewis for jake long :P

markymarc
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Good luck with that move Dolphins. Although since the Dolphins cut former first round pick Jason Allen to make room for Harris, I would take a chance on him as a backup safety.