PDA

View Full Version : Bonds finally sues...

Suitanim
03-23-2006, 05:47 PM
But not for libel. His mouthpiece says the damning documents were illegally obtained. In other words, he's guilty...

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/23/MNG3OHSVC84.DTL

Lisa Johnson, market director at Gotham Books, said the publisher was "shocked that Barry Bonds would take such a foolish step. Any respected First Amendment lawyer in America knows that his claim is nonsense. We stand by what our authors wrote and welcome the opportunity to state our position in court."

RoethlisBURGHer
03-23-2006, 06:49 PM
So Bonds is basicly admitting to all of it being true,but without actually saying "I did it".What a copout.

I seriously hopes he can never play a regular season game again so he can never reach Ruth or Aaron.

Suitanim
03-23-2006, 07:00 PM
So Bonds is basicly admitting to all of it being true,but without actually saying "I did it".What a copout.

I seriously hopes he can never play a regular season game again so he can never reach Ruth or Aaron.

I read an interesting take on that in Sporting News. The author stated that if Bonds gets there, we ALL deserve to squirm in our seats when the awkward moment actually occurs.

Baseball in general.
Selig for turning a blind eye to the obvious.
Fans for playing along.

In other words, shame on all of us...

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
"chicks dig the long ball"

......a haunting catch phrase

Suitanim
03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
"chicks dig the long ball"

......a haunting catch phrase

Rome's had a little fun with that one lately...