PDA

View Full Version : browns gameplan used against the seahawks?

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 06:54 PM
i just realized after watching the steelers highlight dvd that 2 of our scoring plays were the same exact plays that we used in 2 games vs. the browns. randel els reverse pass in the first game with the browns and willies long td run in game 16.

i just found it funny the steelers treated the nfc champs like they do our own personnal whipping boy browns.

Midnightwriter1
03-23-2006, 07:00 PM
How we scored on that reverse when everyone ( Pittsburgh fans at least ) knew it was coming ... They had two weeks to prepare for that so is still kind of crazy that it worked so well

stillthere
03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
How we scored on that reverse when everyone ( Pittsburgh fans at least ) knew it was coming ... They had two weeks to prepare for that so is still kind of crazy that it worked so well

The starting safety for Sea was injured or out on the play. If he was just out for a spell it was a heads up to the staff for making the call. If he was injured same thing way to sucker the backups in.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I just think it's hilarous that every Steeler fan knew what was coming on the ARE pass,but absolutley nobody,not even Holmgren (who is hailed as another "genious") else knew what was about to happen.

Hawk Believer
03-23-2006, 09:34 PM
That play was blown (along with the Parker run and that crazy 3rd and 500 pass that haunts me) months earlier when Ken Hamlin went out to a freakin nightclub and managed to get himself beaten over the head with a metal sign. When our 2nd string safety Manuel (who did a kick ass job replacing Hamlin last season) went out with an injury, our 3rd string saftey couldn't hack it and made terrible mistakes. We'd gotten by with no repercusion from the Hamlin incident until the most important game in our organization's existance. Frustrating.

Hamlin got cleared to return to football today. But who knows how he'll play after a traumatic brain injury? Marquan Manuel has left for Green Bay. We have signed another safety Shaunard Harts, but I don't think he has done much of anything in his NFL career so far. We'll need some more depth and will probably be looking for something in the draft.

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 09:53 PM
That play was blown (along with the Parker run and that crazy 3rd and 500 pass that haunts me) months earlier when Ken Hamlin went out to a freakin nightclub and managed to get himself beaten over the head with a metal sign. When our 2nd string safety Manuel (who did a kick ass job replacing Hamlin last season) went out with an injury, our 3rd string saftey couldn't hack it and made terrible mistakes. We'd gotten by with no repercusion from the Hamlin incident until the most important game in our organization's existance. Frustrating.

Hamlin got cleared to return to football today. But who knows how he'll play after a traumatic brain injury? Marquan Manuel has left for Green Bay. We have signed another safety Shaunard Harts, but I don't think he has done much of anything in his NFL career so far. We'll need some more depth and will probably be looking for something in the draft. the 3rd and 500 play i will give to ben and hines despite a poorly thrown but perfectly executed scramble and toss by ben. the 2nd 2 i will give to whiz for capitalizing on seattles safety woes. the previous year the steelers had gotten by with a rookie qb with no repercussion until that years most important game so i know how you feel. hopefully hamlin makes it back for you all. especially when you couldve had a. archuletta if you made him the highest paid safety in the nfl. :rolleyes:

Hawk Believer
03-23-2006, 09:59 PM
the 3rd and 500 play i will give to ben and hines despite a poorly thrown but perfectly executed scramble and toss by ben. the 2nd 2 i will give to whiz for capitalizing on seattles safety woes. the previous year the steelers had gotten by with a rookie qb with no repercussion until that years most important game so i know how you feel. hopefully hamlin makes it back for you all. especially when you couldve had a. archuletta if you made him the highest paid safety in the nfl. :rolleyes:
So would you have pulled the trigger on Archuletta if you had a bunch of cap money lying around like the Seahawks did? (course they didn't know how much they had till the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on Hutchinson's poison pill contract)

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
So would you have pulled the trigger on Archuletta if you had a bunch of cap money lying around like the Seahawks did? (course they didn't know how much they had till the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on Hutchinson's poison pill contract) hell no. i wouldve gotten chris hope. according to him he was a team leader and solidified the steelers secondary. impressive feat if what he says is true and not just hyping himself up to his new team. i thought the cowboys desperately needed him and the seahawks definitely couldve used him. i think going after hutch longterm was definitely the right move though. safeties can be found.

Midnightwriter1
03-24-2006, 02:06 AM
i serious doubt he was the defensive leader on that squad..He may think he did because Troy doesnt talk, he just walks the walk and tackles and makes plays. He was trying to build himself up to new team i think.

stillthere
03-24-2006, 06:12 AM
So would you have pulled the trigger on Archuletta if you had a bunch of cap money lying around like the Seahawks did? (course they didn't know how much they had till the arbitrator sided with the Vikings on Hutchinson's poison pill contract)

No way Archuletta is the best safety in the NFL. No way he should be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Sean Taylor is a better safety (although an A@@hat)

B.Dawk is a better safety.

Roy Williams is a bigger hitter and about the same crapola in coverage.

That is just in the NFC East. The skins just don't get it. ARE should not be making more money than Hines Ward for that matter. Unreal is all I can say about stupid front office moves like this.

Haiku_Dirtt
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
:sofunny:

I would bet the Seahawks suspected the ARE to Hines play was in the mix. Whiz just did such a tremedous job of concealing it.

:sofunny:

BCEDGE
03-25-2006, 10:48 PM

Please. the reason it worked so well is because they called it at the perfect time and everyone executed it perfectly. Do not try and tell me you "knew" it was coming....that is absurd. They had not run a gadget play for almost 3 full games....and they knew when to pull it out. The play was so beautifully exeucted on so many fronts...it is amazing.

Midnightwriter1
03-26-2006, 08:14 AM
3 full games ?

PisnNapalm
03-26-2006, 08:22 AM
When Willie handed the ball off to ARE, yeah... I knew it was coming.

clevestinks
03-26-2006, 10:39 AM
We run the reverse so much that any team would have to respect it, then to throw in the reverse pass, CLASSIC

SteelerMurf
03-26-2006, 11:41 AM
We run the reverse so much that any team would have to respect it, then to throw in the reverse pass, CLASSIC

And Wiz set this play up, the week before we ran a run/pitch play just like the beginning of this reverse play and that gets the safety to bit on run cause they saw this play a dozen times vs. Denver...oh yeah another setup was the reverse to Hines earlier in the game.

Midnightwriter1
03-26-2006, 12:07 PM
BCEDGE
Do not try and tell me you "knew" it was coming....that is absurd. They had not run a gadget play for almost 3 full games....and they knew when to pull it out. The play was so beautifully exeucted on so many fronts...it is amazing.

My friends and I must be smarter than hell ( doubt it ) then because we all knew a trick play was coming and had been speaking about it all game. If you didnt know one was going to be coming in this game then you must not be too smart. ( prolly )

BCEDGE
03-26-2006, 04:20 PM
BCEDGE
Do not try and tell me you "knew" it was coming....that is absurd. They had not run a gadget play for almost 3 full games....and they knew when to pull it out. The play was so beautifully exeucted on so many fronts...it is amazing.

My friends and I must be smarter than hell ( doubt it ) then because we all knew a trick play was coming and had been speaking about it all game. If you didnt know one was going to be coming in this game then you must not be too smart. ( prolly )

Sure you did. And to answer the question you posed before...yes 3 full games. They did not run one against Denver...they did not run one against Indianapolis and had not run one in the Super Bowl. (A reverse is a common play and not a trick play). So you are telling me that despite them not running it for three games, you were so smart that you knoew the exact second they were going to run one? That is ridiculous.

The actual scenario I am sure consisted of you "predicting" a trick play every series since the Bengals game and being wrong 37 times, and now trying to claim some credit. In fact you state you had been speaking of it "all game"....as I am sure you did all of the prior two games as well.

You will have to excuse me if I am not real impressed with this brilliance. But good news for you...you are going to geta lot of chances to see how smart I am...hope you have better stuff than this....

Midnightwriter1
03-26-2006, 04:33 PM
no dumbass i didnt say exact play... as i stated.. we didnt need it during indy nor during Denver because game was not close and one was not needed. And no I did not sit and predict each series what they were going to do, but wasnt too difficult to foresee that one was going to be used in the game and was a question of WHEN. I dont need any chances to see how smart you are.. you have already shown it.

Avoid Lloyd
03-26-2006, 10:16 PM
As soon as he handed it to ARE I thought it was blatantly obvious to EVERYONE that he was going to pass it. After that Cleveland game I always watched for something when ARE got the ball.