PDA

View Full Version : Late flags???? How? Refs suck?

Avalon105
11-08-2010, 11:30 PM
How come I see so many late flags in the NFL? Like 5 seconds after the play. Especially that last one against the Stellers. The friggin back judge called it for damn sake. 5 seconds after the play ended.

Ugh the NFL refs suck worse than hockey!

SteelCityMom
11-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm not usually one to bitch about the refs, cause that shit sucks....but I totally agree. That drive was pure horse shit.

Avalon105
11-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Unbelievable!

SteelCityMom
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Doesn't matter anymore. Games over, no thanks to the refs though for keeping it that close.

lionslicer
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I blame that come back on the refs. TO got 2 good touchdowns, but that 3rd touchdown was due to flags, should never have happened.

CargoJon
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
The ref that was 6 inches away from the play didn't call it - the guy halfway across the field calls it. What a crock of shit.

I was half expecting a flag on that 4th down play....

steelax04
Anyone that thinks the NFL is fixed and the refs always make calls for the Steelers can watch the replay of that game. Horrible officiating.

Rick5895
Bad call by the refs, our idiot kicker leting us down when the game counts, and Arians being his idiot self in the second half ( how the hell do we go 3, 3 and outs to start the half).

THANK GOD FOR THE INTENSITY OUR BIG NASTY D BRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjpro11
11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
yeah.. that was horse shit. i thought Owens was getting an unsportsmanlike penalty. and to have it happen right after Hampton got thrown into Palmer.. speechless.

CargoJon
11-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Bad call by the refs, our idiot kicker leting us down when the game counts, and Arians being his idiot self in the second half ( how the hell do we go 3, 3 and outs to start the half).

THANK GOD FOR THE INTENSITY OUR BIG NASTY D BRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll add to it that as much as I love LeBeau, I grow really tired of him playing prevent every time we're up by 2 scores in the 3rd quarter.......

madtowndrunkard
11-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Horrible officiating

Horrible Kicker

Horrible Play calling

=

barely beating the BenGals on the last play of the game.

This @#$^^& has got to stop. Arians is killing us. He cannot be our OC next year.

If it weren't for our defense and ST's we lose that game and maybe score 7 points.

SmashmouthFootball
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
TO's whining got the back judge to call it, probably because he didn't want to hear TO bitch after the game.

It was an awful call.

skinart82
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
goodell tried his hardest to get the Steelers screwed while he was there

jjpro11
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I'll add to it that as much as I love LeBeau, I grow really tired of him playing prevent every time we're up by 2 scores in the 3rd quarter.......

really? i thought we brought pressure a lot tonight. when we normally would have sat back, we brought blitzes.

CargoJon
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
These are the games that make me laugh my ass off every time one of these Dolphins, Cards, Seahawks, etc. fan talks about how the Steelers always get all the calls their way.

Kanata-Steeler
11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
it don't matter 'cause we WON, and Goodell and Refs LOST !!!
:tt04:

BigRick
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Horrible officiating

Horrible Kicker

Horrible Play calling

=

barely beating the BenGals on the last play of the game.

This @#$^^& has got to stop. Arians is killing us. He cannot be our OC next year.

If it weren't for our defense and ST's we lose that game and maybe score 7 points.

They should have got rid of Arians and hired Weis when ND fired him. No good as a head coach, but a good OC.:banging:

Fire Arians
11-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I blame that come back on the refs. TO got 2 good touchdowns, but that 3rd touchdown was due to flags, should never have happened.

pretty much. unsportsmanlike conduct call was a phantom (where the hell was the replay?), and the 2 calls following that (hampton roughing the passer, ike PI) were BS calls that were totally clean plays. what was that, 60 yards worth of penalties on that drive alone? lol, they only needed a yard out of their offense to score

StainlessStill
11-09-2010, 01:03 AM

Dude, FAR from prevent defense. Did you see how many blitzes he dialed up? Pressure was in Palmers face ALL game long, esp on that last drive.

How fluky can the f'in Bungles get? Not only do they get the personal fouls at crucial times of the game, but how fluky was that 3rd and 14 play when Farrior tipped the ball into Benson's hands? So damn funny how Cincy always gets those bounces at the end of game.

Like SCMom, I don't blame refs, that's cheap. But throwing the flag 6 sec after the play, from a back judge is mind-blowing.

Fire Arians
11-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Like SCMom, I don't blame refs, that's cheap. But throwing the flag 6 sec after the play, from a back judge is mind-blowing.

I don't either, but come on, that 3rd scoring drive from them was total bull shit and probably cincy fans can't even deny that

stb_steeler
11-09-2010, 01:05 AM
yeah.. that was horse shit. i thought Owens was getting an unsportsmanlike penalty. and to have it happen right after Hampton got thrown into Palmer.. speechless.

I thought the same thing. TO cried until he got the flag! utter BS

tony hipchest
11-09-2010, 02:28 AM
I'll add to it that as much as I love LeBeau, I grow really tired of him playing prevent every time we're up by 2 scores in the 3rd quarter.......how can you question a winning formula, though?

as was stated the steelers are like 169-1-1 in their entire history with a 20 point lead (steelers went up 27-7 with the 1st play of the 4th quarter).

lebeau had nothing to do with bens 4th quater interception nor the refs throwing 3 consecutive bogus flags.

steelcity1974
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I just don't understand how we get flagged for two personal fouls and pass interference in a row. They never showed Adams' penalty, so can't complain about that one. Casey's was questionable...he fell from a block into Palmer, but was still at his theigs...not his knees. If that was Ben, NO WAY they throw that flag. And the pass interference was complete BS. Those guys were arm and arm and the guy closest to the play didn't think anything of it...what did that other a$$hole see? I honestly think this is a natural, human reaction by the refs to throw flags because the Steelers have been in the media so much about the late/helmet hits. They are erring on the side of flagging us.

TRH
11-09-2010, 09:34 AM
i can tell you exactly why a flag was thrown. It was one of those plays that unfolds right before your very eyes.

1. Pass comes, defender reaches his hand in there, pretty cleanly i thought
2. Incomplete pass
3. No flag
4. T. O. starts gyrating and jumping up and down like an idiot.
5. Weak-minded ref "throws a flag", obviously influenced by T.O.'s actions and not his own judgement

SuzyPeppercorn
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
how can you question a winning formula, though?

as was stated the steelers are like 169-1-1 in their entire history with a 20 point lead (steelers went up 27-7 with the 1st play of the 4th quarter).

lebeau had nothing to do with bens 4th quater interception nor the refs throwing 3 consecutive bogus flags.

I thought the stat during the game was that the Steelers have never blown a 20 point lead ever in their history?

Rotorhead
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
No it goes like this. . .
Heiden states (as instructed by the NFL) "Goodell is here for other business"
Bengals have a chance to get back in the game
Goodell tells ref to call penalty 1
Goodell tells ref to call penalty 2
Goodell gels ref to call penalty 3

Conspiracy? Maybe but interesting that Goodell was there and the BS happens!
Hehe

Rotorhead
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Bah stupid iPhone Heiden was supposed to be Gruden

steelerohio
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM
No it goes like this. . .
Heiden states (as instructed by the NFL) "Goodell is here for other business"
Bengals have a chance to get back in the game
Goodell tells ref to call penalty 1
Goodell tells ref to call penalty 2
Goodell gels ref to call penalty 3

Conspiracy? Maybe but interesting that Goodell was there and the BS happens!
Hehe

Then Goodell must be stupid... forgot to tell the refs to throw a flag on that last 4th and 5... :applaudit:

TRH
11-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Now you just know Goodell was sitting up in that booth DYING for the Steelers to lose that game.......

steelerohio
11-09-2010, 12:04 PM
yeah he didn't realize it was the 4th Quarter until Ben took the knee... I could hear him now, "Wait, the game can't be over yet!! Flag Ben for intentional kneeing!"

lionslicer
11-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I thought the stat during the game was that the Steelers have never blown a 20 point lead ever in their history?

The record he showed was Steelers record with an 11 point lead.

With a 20 point lead, in franchise history have never lost a game.

Need4Sweed
11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
pretty much. unsportsmanlike conduct call was a phantom (where the hell was the replay?), and the 2 calls following that (hampton roughing the passer, ike PI) were BS calls that were totally clean plays. what was that, 60 yards worth of penalties on that drive alone? lol, they only needed a yard out of their offense to score

And where was the reply on the illegal contact...i believe the call was on Gaye against Shipley.

kirklandrules
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
yeah he didn't realize it was the 4th Quarter until Ben took the knee... I could hear him now, "Wait, the game can't be over yet!! Flag Ben for intentional kneeing!"

Yeah the Commish missed the 4th quarter because he was "working" a young lady in the owners box. And she didn't appear to be his wife. Roger, you ole horn dog you! Taking a play out of Ben's book are ya? Did he make a secret trip to the owners private restroom? We'll never know because the Commish is a lawyer and knows enough to work the the sheep that arrive at the party alone. :wink02: