PDA

View Full Version : Post Wk 9 Steelers Fever Power rankings

SteelKnight
11-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Blah to the NFL board (Ghost town)

Here we go...

I'd like to get more participation. Even though I still intend the Power rankings to be top 15, if you only feel comfortable ranking your top 5, go head and do that.

Part of the fun of it is comparing your lists to your other posters.

These Power rankings are "Who is most likely to win the Super Bowl?"

Here is mine:

1. Pittsburgh -looking good while tweaking the machine (no change)
2. Baltimore-looking dominant. Atlanta will be a test this week (up 2)
3. NY Jets -barely held off Lions but they did (no change)
4. Indy - too many injuries but still good despite loss (down 2)
5. NY Giants-if they can keep avoiding mistakes, they are for real (up 4)
6. GB -maybe they are for real (no change)
7. NE -Just when I was going to move them up they lose (down 2)
8. Atlanta - If they can beat Baltimore they will earn respect (down 1)
9. New Orleans -looking better but move down is more a result of the teams around them (down 1)
10. Philadelphia -nice win over Colts (up 1)
11. Tennessee -Might have a chance with Moss but their problem is the Pats, Jets, Steelers and Ravens are all good., They may have to beat the Colts to make the playoffs.
12. Tampa Bay -they came close to upsetting Atlanta (no change)
13. SD -benefit from a bad division. If they can make the playoffs, they have a shot (new)
14. Miami -Not good enough (down 1 spot)
15. Chicago-say it ain't so. They really suck but there's nobody else to fill the spot (new)

Fire Arians
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
I'd rank the giants at #2 or #3.

tony hipchest
11-09-2010, 01:39 AM
steelers.

(giants at #2 or #3 for the NFC isnt bad at all)

Dirtytowel
11-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Giants are lucky to be in a 4 spot. I think they have a tough schedule ahead of them.

lionslicer
11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Though I think the Giants don't show up every week, I'd have them higher just because on the NFC side they are most likely to make it to the superbowl

Steeler4life1972
11-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Well Im an obvious steelers fan but I dont rank them at #1...both sides of the ball for us are not consistent in my eyes....here's my top 10:

1. ravens
2. giants
3. steelers
4. packers
5. jets
6. patriots
7. saints
8. colts
9. falcons
10. chargers

steelerdave1969
11-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Power Rankings in my opinion are just as useless as the NCAA Rankings in football or basketball . . its a waste of time especially in pro sports. But I will play the game and here is my list as I see it.

1. Baltimore Ravens
This team is very good on defense and with the return of Ed Reed they are gonna get better as the season goes on. Their Offense has more than Target Now in passing Situations in Boldin. And McGahee is the Best nonstarting RB in the NFL.
2. New Orleans Saints
This is a team that is finding their lost or injured players on defense and if I remember correctly last year they did the same thing late in the year and we all seen what they did all the way to the super bowl. The RB's will eventually get healthy for the Saints and when they do they are a totally different team.
3. N.Y. Giants
This team has a really good defense and Great Running Game and those are a great tandem to have on your side. And a QB that has already won 1 super bowl.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
Until their defense proves they can prevent the Pass they are not my favorites in the AFC. With all the offensive line injuries that we are facing right now, I dont see how we can keep just plugging players in like they have the last 3 or 4 games . . its bound to catch up with them sooner or later.
5. Philadelphia Eagles
This team is really dynamic with Vick at the controls. The only thing I see holding them back is their lack of a running game.

SteelKnight
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Though I think the Giants don't show up every week, I'd have them higher just because on the NFC side they are most likely to make it to the superbowl

I moved them up 4. lol They kept shooting themselves in the foot earlier this season. There was even talk of their coach possibly getting fired again and now all is good. lol

The NFC, while I've been saying they are bad, are starting to have 5 formidable teams

1.Giants, 2 GB 3. Saints, 4. Phily (with Vick and DJ) and 5. Atlanta.

I'm still undecided about how good Atlanta is but the game in 2 days will answer that.

SteelKnight
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Well Im an obvious steelers fan but I dont rank them at #1...both sides of the ball for us are not consistent in my eyes....here's my top 10:

1. ravens
2. giants
3. steelers
4. packers
5. jets
6. patriots
7. saints
8. colts
9. falcons
10. chargers

I really can't argue with the first 9. I would put Phily in there over the Chargers though. Every single one of the teams has faux pas. It may become more clear with the Steelers Patriots game.

Power Rankings in my opinion are just as useless as the NCAA Rankings in football or basketball . . its a waste of time especially in pro sports. But I will play the game and here is my list as I see it.

1. Baltimore Ravens
This team is very good on defense and with the return of Ed Reed they are gonna get better as the season goes on. Their Offense has more than Target Now in passing Situations in Boldin. And McGahee is the Best nonstarting RB in the NFL.
2. New Orleans Saints
This is a team that is finding their lost or injured players on defense and if I remember correctly last year they did the same thing late in the year and we all seen what they did all the way to the super bowl. The RB's will eventually get healthy for the Saints and when they do they are a totally different team.
3. N.Y. Giants
This team has a really good defense and Great Running Game and those are a great tandem to have on your side. And a QB that has already won 1 super bowl.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
Until their defense proves they can prevent the Pass they are not my favorites in the AFC. With all the offensive line injuries that we are facing right now, I dont see how we can keep just plugging players in like they have the last 3 or 4 games . . its bound to catch up with them sooner or later.
5. Philadelphia Eagles
This team is really dynamic with Vick at the controls. The only thing I see holding them back is their lack of a running game.

Gutsy call with Phily. There is no reason that Phily shouldn't be up there with the other 4 (Giants, GB, Saints, Falcons). I have no idea who will come out of the NFC. It is safe to say it will be those 5 teams plus whoever wins the NFC west in the playoffs.

The AFC side is becoming more clear too. Pitt, Baltimore, Jets, NE, Colts (or Tenn), Chiefs/Raiders/Chargers...hmmm...4/6 are clear.