PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand

joeyssteelcurtain
11-09-2010, 06:22 AM
I don't understand why some people are acting like we our 2-6. We our 6-2 and are tied for first place in the NFL and we have the 4th hardest schedule . Yes i know we have some concerns but what team doseint. So i say enjoy the win and relax our steelers got this we will make a deep playoff run. Just believe in your team

theplatypus
11-09-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm still in shock over 50+ yards in penalties on 3 consecutive plays.

joeyssteelcurtain
11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Yea me to but the one on Hampton has B.S and the other 2 could of gone either way

NYC_Steeler
11-09-2010, 07:18 AM
I think the problem everyone has is the way the team has been playing - we were in a fight to the very end against a 2-5 team that by all accounts, were supposed to be thumped badly by us. Once again, the pass defense was not very good and we were very lucky to pull this one out - we weren't so fortunate against the Saints. The 4th quarter meltdowns we're having on defense and the inability of the offense to do anything is not helping ease everyone's fears that sooner or later, our luck is going to run out - not a very comforting thought.

smheart78
11-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I was very impressed to see the passes to Mendenhall (1 to Moore), I remember us talking about this earlier in the year how this option was not utilized in the beginning of the season and it did very well last night. Developing this helps our receivers and TEs. I was happy with every aspect of our team except maybe the secondary in coverage and Reed. If Mendenhall did not make the cutbacks, catches and gashes for large gains, this game would have been lost. This game marks the 2nd game in a row that I was happy with the offensive play calling. Benji was given the no-huddle as a change of pace in the first half and it didn't really work well, however, seeing him audible to the run on the blitz was VERY impressive. He did this a number of times with great success, leading me to beleive that this must have been addressed during the week. There is no feeling bad about this WIN, there were alot of good things shown last night, a lot of new things to develop as we go into the 2nd half of the season. I love winning close games!

Side note: Anyone watch the Wallace interview at the ESPN desk at the end of the game. I was worried having seen his interviewd before, but he acted very well in a manner befitting a true Steeler. Good job Wally!:hatsoff:

joeyssteelcurtain
11-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Yea i saw that and did you hear Young say he sounds like a steeler. But man young is a Ben hatter

theplatypus
11-09-2010, 07:50 AM
I was very impressed to see the passes to Mendenhall (1 to Moore), I remember us talking about this earlier in the year how this option was not utilized in the beginning of the season and it did very well last night. Developing this helps our receivers and TEs. I was happy with every aspect of our team except maybe the secondary in coverage and Reed. If Mendenhall did not make the cutbacks, catches and gashes for large gains, this game would have been lost. This game marks the 2nd game in a row that I was happy with the offensive play calling. Benji was given the no-huddle as a change of pace in the first half and it didn't really work well, however, seeing him audible to the run on the blitz was VERY impressive. He did this a number of times with great success, leading me to beleive that this must have been addressed during the week. There is no feeling bad about this WIN, there were alot of good things shown last night, a lot of new things to develop as we go into the 2nd half of the season. I love winning close games!

Side note: Anyone watch the Wallace interview at the ESPN desk at the end of the game. I was worried having seen his interviewd before, but he acted very well in a manner befitting a true Steeler. Good job Wally!:hatsoff:

Clearly they addressed some issues over the course of the last week. Although, hot reads still seem to be an issue too some extent. One play sticks out to me, a pass to El on a hot read where he never turned his head. Too be honest I'm really not that concerned. A stupid pass by Ben, another missed FG, and some truly puzzling penalties just muddled what was a decent overall game by the Steelers.

TRH
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
it was a win...but a very ugly one at that.

One completed pass at the end of the game (which they had plenty of opportunity to do...they didn't get it done, but we gave them more opportunity than they should have had with penalities, etc..) and this game would have been in the loss column.

btaylor179
11-09-2010, 08:00 AM
why do we do that wr screen so much?dam b.a

plenewken
11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
We're 6-2 which is the most important but we haven't played like a 6-2 team lately, not against the Ravens at home, not in Miami, not in New Orleans and not in Cincinnati.
We clearly have issues that need be addressed. Discipline and play calling are two of them.

steelcity1974
11-09-2010, 08:22 AM
why do we do that wr screen so much?dam b.a

I think he does it to give Hines a catch to keep his streak going. If that's why we run that play...peace. But to do it multiple times, and last night on consecutive plays???? I can't stand that play.

TRH
11-09-2010, 08:25 AM
thats "predictable" Arians for you.
The screen's useful to delete a coming blitz, but not 2 plays in a row.

I also noticed on one set of downs last night, we pulled the "mendenhall up the middle....mendenhall up the middle.....mendenhall up the middle" again. Stuffed.
I don't understand why they keep running the same thing again and again.

joeyssteelcurtain
11-09-2010, 08:26 AM
thats "predictable" Arians for you.
The screen's useful to delete a coming blitz, but not 2 plays in a row.

I also noticed on one set of downs last night, we pulled the "mendenhall up the middle....mendenhall up the middle.....mendenhall up the middle" again. Stuffed.
I don't understand why they keep running the same thing again and again.

Yea i dont get that either

steelerchad
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm glad we're not perfect yet. The teams that win it all are usually good solid teams that get better during the course of the season. We have some kinks to work out, but this is a good football team. Staying healthy and peaking at the end of the season are the 2 most important things in winning a championship.

SteelCityMom
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Clearly they addressed some issues over the course of the last week. Although, hot reads still seem to be an issue too some extent. One play sticks out to me, a pass to El on a hot read where he never turned his head. Too be honest I'm really not that concerned. A stupid pass by Ben, another missed FG, and some truly puzzling penalties just muddled what was a decent overall game by the Steelers.

Yeah, I know exactly which pass you're talking about. Wasn't a stupid pass by Ben at all...he was just hurried into throwing it before El was supposed to be ready was all. Basically the equivalent of throwing it away, but with a slight chance of El happening to turn around and be ready. Better than a sack (which was coming) for sure though.

jjpro11
11-09-2010, 09:16 AM
and there's your fine line between a good season and a bad season.. the Bengals game yesterday, Miami game, Falcons game, and maybe even Titans game were all losses last season. this year they are wins. yeah, we dropped one late against the Ravens. it looked like a goal-line stand was going to win that game, but the Ravens got a second chance and took advantage of it.

SteelCityMom
11-09-2010, 09:16 AM
And yes, the team does have some issues. But no more so than any other team that has a top or decent winning record right now.

Ravens got beat by the Bungles and almost lost to the Bills in OT.
Saints lost to the Clowns and a couple other mediocre teams.
Pats lost to the Clowns and are extremely inconsistent.
Even the Colts are looking human.

Just a weird year where a lot of close games are being won and some odd blowouts are happening. I'm just happy that the Steelers have won the majority of those close games and have been on the winning end of the two blowouts they've been involved in. Things could be A LOT worse.

Rotorhead
11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Cmon aside from some major luck (Benson play at the end) and Gay getting his jock handed to him all night by TO the Def played great. Reed makes that FG and it wasn't a nailbiter, Goodell doesn't make 50yds of in isible penalties appear on that interception it is over, Benson doesn't doesn't sell his soul to the Devil for that play it is over. The ball doesn't sail on Ben or Miller just bumps it and no interception, game over. Our pass def (aside from Gay, go figure) was very good, that many passing yards on that many attempts isn't bad. Be happy for the return of the blitz! The ball bounced the Bengals way all the second half, we still won and are 6-2!

Quasar
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
It could have also been over if we didn't have those injuries to the offensive line. The offense struggled a lot after that. Maybe that's why Arians pulled out that trick play with Randle El.

Rotorhead
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I think those consecutive screens were more of letting the sudden OL issues get used to the positions for a few plays. That screen is a safe play and gives a chance for Ward to possibly make a play. On that note Legursky filled in very well except he bobs his head right before each snap I am stunned the def didn't pick up on it to anticipate the snap count! Glad Pouncey was able to return!

JEFF4i
11-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't get the WR Screen to HINES. Wallace okay, because it lessens the burden of actually running a route, but he can still fly. Hines is a great route runner who maybe can make one or two miss out of toughness, so yeah, no.

LOVING the use of Mendy screens. He's got what it takes, and the dump-offs, or lack there-of, last year were a huge problem. We needed to use Mendy more. We are now, and it's working well.

LOVING how the Steelers are playing. Some rough injuries, but still doing what has to be done. Even if they lose a 100 point win, if they still WIN at the end, I can tolerate it. And that Bengals game momentum falls on injuries, Ben, Hines, and penalties.

Fire Arians
11-09-2010, 11:09 PM
why? I'll tell you why

#1 Arians still has a job
#2 a 20 point lead should never be squandered, even if the refs did screw us
#3 refs screwed us and I'm still pissed about that
#4 With all these injuries, this year could end up like last year's 6-2 start
#5 We're having trouble finishing off games, mainly because arians sucks at playcalling and play design
#6 Ochocinco and TO are gay
#7 Tom brady sucks
#8 Did I mention Arians still has a job?

positives, our team is deep so this series of injuries shouldn't slow us down much, but we are walking on thin ice here. Any more injuries to the O-line and we will be starting practice squad players.

scsteeler
11-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Yea me to but the one on Hampton has B.S and the other 2 could of gone either way

Most were BS but I think the league is sending the Steelers a message, complain to much and you are going to pay for it. Roger Goodell will go done as the worst NFL Commissioner in the history (IMO).

markymarc
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
We are doomed :wink02: