PDA

View Full Version : Ochostinko vs. Ike

StillerzFreak
11-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Ochostinko got locked up last night by IKE TAYLOR! From what I saw, most of the game Ike was press coverage on Chad and locked up shop all night long, and Chad complained and cried all night long! Now only if McFadden and Gay could have stopped T.O. just a little bit.

Ike Taylor to me is still under appreciated by some Steelers fans but last night shows how important he is to our team.

GO STEELERS!
:tt04:

verks36
11-09-2010, 10:33 AM
gotta give some credit to the pass rush. Carson was moving all around in the pocket for the majority of time he went back to pass

TRH
11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
i thought Ike did a good job too. Ochostinko really showed how un-professional he was and what a big baby he was last night on national TV.
If i was Palmer i might've stuck my fist in his face for trying to show him up like that.

lionslicer
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
gotta give some credit to the pass rush. Carson was moving all around in the pocket for the majority of time he went back to pass

During the game the commentators mentioned Carson against the blitz has only thrown 1 interception and has completed like 70 something percent of his passes this season.

StillerzFreak
11-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Pass rush was good most of the night be he still managed to find T.O. open a lot of the night. Chad's 1 catch was on the sideline opposite side of Ike too, so Chad was essentially shut out by Ike.

grward
11-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I've always liked Ike. Other than his stone-hands I think he's played solid as a cornerback. It's cool that he has 2 interceptions on the stat sheet for the year and I would love to see him start racking them up. I wonder though ... the way he blankets his receivers, does it make it more difficult to make a play on the ball?

steelerdave1969
11-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I dont believe that I am the only one that heard it, but the announcers constantly talked about the double teams that were going to each of the WR's on the outside, which was T.O. and Ocho and they were giving the Slot WR many chances to make plays and the TE's of the Bengals. But the routinely didnt get the job done with some dropped passes. I am still not satisfied with that pass rush of the Steelers . . It seem like at times in was nonexistent and why in the world are they dropping James Harrison into coverage so much? He is Our Best Pass rusher for sure and Woodley has been a no-show most of the year and I was really expecting him to light it up this year since he has No Contract and will be a Free Agent at the end of the year.

jjpro11
11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Ike has made a career of shutting down that idiot.

Steelerindc
11-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I for one am one of those fans that think Ike Taylor is some garbage. But last night he played an excellent game, good receivers are going to catch some balls but to hold Chad down was impressive.

BMac however was being victimized by anyone they put on him. Makes me wonder if the Cardinals knew something we didn't. Most of the long TD's have been on BMac.

Gotta look for some CB's that can cover.

DanRooney
11-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Ochostinko got locked up last night by IKE TAYLOR! From what I saw, most of the game Ike was press coverage on Chad and locked up shop all night long, and Chad complained and cried all night long! Now only if McFadden and Gay could have stopped T.O. just a little bit.

Ike Taylor to me is still under appreciated by some Steelers fans but last night shows how important he is to our team.

GO STEELERS!
:tt04:

No he didn't. Ocho was double covered the entire night. That's why TO was so open when he was burning both Gay and McFadden man-to-man. Cornerback needs to be addressed in round 1.

BengalDestroyer
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM

:tt04:[/QUOTE]

Not in my book. Go Ike!!

Merchant
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Great game by Ike. That PI called when he was covering T.O. deep was bullsh1t

StillerzFreak
11-09-2010, 04:56 PM
No he didn't. Ocho was double covered the entire night. That's why TO was so open when he was burning both Gay and McFadden man-to-man. Cornerback needs to be addressed in round 1.

Yeah we need somebody opposite of Ike :thumbsup:

Ike was pressing him and as soon as Carson hit his third step and looked at Chad he realized he was getting pushed around and looked elsewhere. Locked up! Stop hatin

realdeal
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Our Secondary is so overrated!! Why run on us when you can pass on us all day long!!

lionslicer
11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Our Secondary is so overrated!! Why run on us when you can pass on us all day long!!

Well the saints totally gave up on the run, they actually came out and passed almost every play of their first drive. 1 run which was for negative yards.

Steelers will have the best run defense just because teams know they can pass on them and will abandon the run.

Acerinox
11-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Steelers will have the best run defense just because teams know they can pass on them and will abandon the run.

I think that is far too harsh a way to put it.

To clarify: They pass all the time because they can't run: thus racking up the yardage and the completions. They don't just not-bother to run because the pass is so amazing. That would be... absurd. Especially since six of eight of our opponents have now tried that strategy and failed to win.

As for Ike - like him and always have.

Goat27
11-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Ike SB on TO, why oh why they have safety help over top with him on Ocho is crazy, Ike has proven what he can do with that guy. BMac is doing what the defense ask of him and it may look like he is getting beat but what can you do when your 8-10 off the ball and the wr run a 6 to 7 yd pattern? I'd like to see the defense install man, bump and run coverage ( 0 ) for both corners, not just Ike

StillerzFreak
11-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Ike SB on TO, why oh why they have safety help over top with him on Ocho is crazy, Ike has proven what he can do with that guy. BMac is doing what the defense ask of him and it may look like he is getting beat but what can you do when your 8-10 off the ball and the wr run a 6 to 7 yd pattern? I'd like to see the defense install man, bump and run coverage ( 0 ) for both corners, not just Ike

I agree 100% but it does worry me a little having BMac play cover 0 bc if he doesn't get a good bump then he doesn't have the make up speed Ike has. At least mix it up more, he's 10 yards off the ball every play it seems like.

StillerzFreak
11-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I think that is far too harsh a way to put it.

To clarify: They pass all the time because they can't run: thus racking up the yardage and the completions. They don't just not-bother to run because the pass is so amazing. That would be... absurd. Especially since six of eight of our opponents have now tried that strategy and failed to win.

As for Ike - like him and always have.

:thumbsup:

Well said!

scsteeler
11-10-2010, 12:11 PM

For the past few years we fans have been saying that but we have not done it mostly because all the good ones are gone because of the Steelers draft position. Unless the move up like they did with Troy it may be another year without drafting a good corner.