PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Raiders

whitt
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey Dudes,

I know this is 1 week early for you guys but my Raiders are on a bye and we come to your town in 2 weeks. First off, I have nothing but respect for the Steeler team this year as you guys are dominating for the most part. Also, my oldest son whom has never been to Pittsburgh decided at the age of 12 he wanted to be a Steeler fan and at 18, he still is. (No, I didn`t drop him on his head in his early years but have no idea why he is a fan of the black and gold,lol)

Anyway, just wanted to start a friendly thread on this upcoming game. I`m not provoking anything negative and am respectful in your "house". How are you all doing?:drink:

SH-Rock
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I would certainly have to say this is going to be tough game, the way the raiders are playing.

tony hipchest
11-09-2010, 11:34 PM
opposing teams fans are always welcome. unfortunately many of them have been staying away although we had a whole bunch join for buc's week.

better early than never. if any patriot* fans come around, feel free in joining us in giving them hell.

if the raiders hope to have a shot what they need to do is start their least xxperienced qb and watch him light up an overconfident steelers team.

Fire Arians
11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
welcome. i was rooting against the raiders last week, my brother is a big time chiefs fan and we sorta root for eachother's team as long as they're not playing each other lol. anyway your team has turned it around big time and should be a tough game even in our house.

whitt
11-10-2010, 01:35 AM
opposing teams fans are always welcome. unfortunately many of them have been staying away although we had a whole bunch join for buc's week.

better early than never. if any patriot* fans come around, feel free in joining us in giving them hell.

if the raiders hope to have a shot what they need to do is start their least xxperienced qb and watch him light up an overconfident steelers team.

You know, the week prior to all of our games this year I look on the opposing team forums. Usually just to hear what`s up out of bordum but also to get a feel of the fans and how they look at us "Raider fans". Most teams are pretty cool, Seahawks, Titans, Niners and even the Broncos.....but last week I went to the KC Chiefs forum and they are the most rabid ,incest, and most uneducated football fans I`ve everencountered. I joined this forum last year and you guys seem to be pretty cool. As a Raider fan, I know the deep history of our rivalry going back to the 60`s......but I still like Pittsburgh fans.....also as a Raider fan......you know we hate the Pats after we were robbed on the famous playoff "arm going forward" fumble........which if called correctly, we would have faced you instead of you facing the Pats......
Oh well, heres to another grinder of a game......

SH-Rock
11-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Steelers will not be overconfident this time. You guys have been playing extremely well and I'm excited to see how the rush defense holds up against McFadden. After last year's victory over the Steelers, the Steelers will be out for blood. Going to be an exciting game.

scsteeler
11-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey Dudes,

I know this is 1 week early for you guys but my Raiders are on a bye and we come to your town in 2 weeks. First off, I have nothing but respect for the Steeler team this year as you guys are dominating for the most part. Also, my oldest son whom has never been to Pittsburgh decided at the age of 12 he wanted to be a Steeler fan and at 18, he still is. (No, I didn`t drop him on his head in his early years but have no idea why he is a fan of the black and gold,lol)

Anyway, just wanted to start a friendly thread on this upcoming game. I`m not provoking anything negative and am respectful in your "house". How are you all doing?:drink:

The key in this game will be stopping the run (which we do) and pressuring Jason Campbell. we do this and we should come out with a win but this will be a hard fought game for 60 minutes.

steelerchad
11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
The key in this game will be stopping the run (which we do) and pressuring Jason Campbell. we do this and we should come out with a win but this will be a hard fought game for 60 minutes.

I think Gradkowski may be coming back for this game. He lit us up last year for 308 yards and that last drive TD. I would rather face Jason Campbell any day. Last time we played him we tortured him all night long.

steelcity1974
11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I've been saying for several years now that the Raiders have all the talent to be a playoff team. This year they are getting the wins to prove it. I am glad the Raiders are no longer flying under the radar...I think they surprised us last year. This year I think this game will have a 1970s flavor...lots of tough defense, physical hitting, and low scoring. I see this game coming down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes...and which FG kicker can make the clutch 4th quarter 40+ yarder. Should be a great game...I'm glad it's in PIT!

BengalDestroyer
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I predicted (no lie) at the beginning of the season that Oakland was going to win the west. It's nice to see two teams who have struggled in that division fighting for the title, but I still think Oakland will take it. Also glad to see McFadden having a good year for the Raiders (I've always liked him....) Anyway, good luck in a couple weeks (unfortunately you're going to need more than luck to beat the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

stb_steeler
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Raiders are definatly an improved team this year, should be interesting match up.

markymarc
11-10-2010, 08:30 PM
It should be a great game and no question the Raiders have turned the corner and heading in the right direction now. The Steelers better be fully prepared for the Raiders especially after their performance last season. Time for some pay back in 2 weeks:tt02:

Merchant
11-10-2010, 10:26 PM
For some reason I'm rooting for the Raiders to take the AFC West this year. Sick of the Chargers.

SoCalFan
11-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Growing up in L.A,most of my friends are Raider fans and just like so many,they already have them in the super bowl???I was @ the coliseum in 94 to see the Steelers stomp the Raiders (I was sitting next to Chad Browns family!!!).Fights were breaking out every where,Steeler nation is deep in Cali.I want this win more than anyone,would never hear the end of it from friends!Raiders simply dont match up in my opinion.Until Al Davis passes,they will never be dominant!

steelersalaska
11-11-2010, 01:15 AM
only one thing to say.... "Immaculate reception"

markymarc
11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
For some reason I'm rooting for the Raiders to take the AFC West this year. Sick of the Chargers.

Even if the Chargers take the AFC West, they will choke in the playoffs again. Norv Turner will never lead that team to the Super Bowl.

MillerMania83
11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I know, 1 game/week at a time, but I can't wait till next week...As me and the Mrs have been making it out to the Steel City once a year for game for the past 6 yrs, and this is our game this year....We'll be there to see our beloved black and gold take on the black and silver....And honestly IMO, it's gonna be a nasty, rock em, sock em game IMO....As the Raiders are BIG TIME improved this year, and they are finding ways to win games, not lose them...Also, they are loaded with talent, we will have to bring our A game to get this one in the win column.

silver & black
11-12-2010, 10:15 AM
only one thing to say.... "Immaculate reception"

I think you mean Immaculate Deception. :wink02:

silver & black
11-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I live for this game. I'm an old Raider dog from the late 60's to current. I remember well, the battles fought between these two teams. I hope this game will prove to be worthy of the 70's teams that all but killed each other on the field.

Unfortunately, after the last two fluke wins over the Steelers, I think we lose this one. This is definitely a better Raiders team than the ones that took those games, but I just don't think karma is going to smile on us three times in a row... but I'll be hoping to kick some Steeler @ss anyway.:wink02:

I hope it ends up a great game and both teams walk away healthy, no matter who wins. :drink:

GrizzlyDean
11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I will be honest I absolutely hate when the Steelers Play the Raiders. All of my buddies are Raider fans. In the past few years the Raiders stink and the Steelers are generally pretty good so the Raiders have nothing to lose. So if the Steelers were to win nothing to brag about. But with the Steelers losing for the last two years that is all I hear about from my buddies. At least this year the Raiders are doing better so our Steelers will get fired up to play. No longer are they playing a JV Raider team they have finally taken the step to become a varsity team.

steelerohio
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
That's my birthday game!!! :tt03: