PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's John Clayton: Steelers vs Falcons in SB XLV

NYC_Steeler
11-10-2010, 10:37 AM
The ever-wise John Clayton from ESPN has picked the Steelers to face the Falcons in Super Bowl XLV. Since we already beat the Falcons in Atlanta (which he states is a difficult place to beat them and is why he's picking the Falcons), we should be able to melt "Matty Ice" once more. Wouldn't it be fitting for the Steelers to thumb their nose at the so-called "America's Team" and win their 7th Lombardi in Jerry's World?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5785113

steelerchad
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
We played Atlanta in Pittsburgh week 1.

NYC_Steeler
11-10-2010, 11:33 AM
We played Atlanta in Pittsburgh week 1.

D'OH!!! For some reason I kept thinking it was in Atlanta. Senior moment - I stand corrected. We can still beat them - regardless.

StillerzFreak
11-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I like the Giants in the NFC, they're hot right now....Atlanta is a close 2nd tho.

Rick5895
11-10-2010, 12:14 PM
With Max going on IR we are going to need this O Line of second string players to step up and show why they are in the NFL if we are going to get to the big dance. I am very Thankful for Pouncey and Kemo right about now.

Stu Pidasso
11-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Everyone seems to be riding the Atlanta bandwagon train...

No one seems to be watching Green Bay...

lionslicer
11-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Everyone seems to be riding the Atlanta bandwagon train...

No one seems to be watching Green Bay...

They have a hard time closing out games. Their 3 losses came from games they were winning but let the other team back in and lost in the final minutes of the game or overtime.

Plus they have a ton of injuries. They are also in the division with the Bears who are ahead of them and since the NFC south will probably have 3 teams in the playoffs, Packers might get left out.

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I reluctantly confess I do not get why the Steelers are the choice over the Ravens to represent the AFC.

My assumption is the loser of Steelers-Ravens in Baltimore is going to the playoffs as a wild card, which means the loser of that game is looking at going on the road for the playoffs and having to play the AFC North champ again, if at all, on the road.
Given that the Ravens should be favored in the December rematch Baltimore is the more likely Super Bowl candidate.

As for Atlanta, there is not yet a lot of enthusiasm - lots of empty seats for no show tickets that were sold for the Tampa game here last Sunday. Fans are excited about Thursday night against the Ravens - win that and the Falcons have some reason to be confident.

I still feel OK about my preseason Raven-Packers SB prediction.

tony hipchest
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
sorry dan, but that type of brutal honesty and non-homerism will not be tolerated around here. :wink02:

steelerchad
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
sorry dan, but that type of brutal honesty and non-homerism will not be tolerated around here. :wink02:

I agree. Even if I felt that way I certainly won't admit to it. Besides, the Ravens have to prove that they can win a winner take all game against the Steelers. We are their nemesis.

bigchuck
11-10-2010, 02:11 PM
might wanna wait and see how healthy our D and O line is come playoff time before making those hotel reservations in dallas

Steel_Bus_24
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
yeah man, we are a big fat

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlE02V-W3CHwa9ayxiwUvQ8rCWDKPHDjYGv3VKJ9AwRwXqOng&t=1&usg=__m3lQDjZNtue-auRkh3mWPExfeVw=

right now.....at this point its really hard to tell if we have a run in us or will fall apart down the stretch

fer522
11-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I reluctantly confess I do not get why the Steelers are the choice over the Ravens to represent the AFC.

My assumption is the loser of Steelers-Ravens in Baltimore is going to the playoffs as a wild card, which means the loser of that game is looking at going on the road for the playoffs and having to play the AFC North champ again, if at all, on the road.
Given that the Ravens should be favored in the December rematch Baltimore is the more likely Super Bowl candidate.

As for Atlanta, there is not yet a lot of enthusiasm - lots of empty seats for no show tickets that were sold for the Tampa game here last Sunday. Fans are excited about Thursday night against the Ravens - win that and the Falcons have some reason to be confident.

I still feel OK about my preseason Raven-Packers SB prediction.

sorry my friend but YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
sorry my friend but YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I said I confessed "reluctantly" not "cheerfully":chuckle:

:drink:

markymarc
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
As long as the Steelers represent the AFC, I could care less how they play from the NFC:chuckle:

I can see why some are very concerned with our injuries right now, but let's face it so is all other NFL teams. Like Mike Tomlin states "The Standard does not change". The next player up has to help this team win.

Here's to Jonathan Scott and Ramon Foster doing some good things for the offensive line on Sunday night.