PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat on Wallace

Fire Arians
11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Steelers are 9-0 when he scores a touchdown :tt02:

stb_steeler
11-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Wallace is the bomb, this guy should get more pass's and Ben needs to learn how to lead ahead of Wallace rather than throwing it short to where he has to adjust to it. They said they were gonna work on Wallace on routes to.

tony hipchest
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
heres to wallace scoring a TD on sunday... :drink:

SH-Rock
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Stats mean nothing. We can easily lose even if he gets a TD. But kudos to Wallace for being a beast

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Stats mean nothing. We can easily lose even if he gets a TD. But kudos to Wallace for being a beast
can no lose , must wine ...:chuckle:

lionslicer
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Bengals haven't won a game that TO has a touchdown in.

markymarc
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Here's to Mike Wallace getting 2 touchdowns on Sunday night!

Merchant
11-10-2010, 09:28 PM
ARE to Wallace..

no wait

ARE to BEN to Wallace..

no wait

ARE to BEN back to ARE to Wallace.. Bammm.. I like it.

Steeler4life1972
11-10-2010, 09:32 PM
We dont use wallace enough...we could use him just as much underneath as well as long routes because he would be just like holmes in yards after the catch...but arians dont know how to draw up the rigbht rights....its sad!!! If we had a better OC we would be a much more dangerous team!!

Fire Arians
11-10-2010, 11:17 PM
i liked that quick hitter pass to wallace that was good for 6 yards last week, we need to do that more often. ward doesnt have the breakaway speed but wallace does. he can potentially break some long gainers if he only has 1 man to beat

Fire Arians
11-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Bengals haven't won a game that TO has a touchdown in.

that was prolly why lebeau schemed to cover ochocinco and leave TO one on one. He was all like 'if TO scores we win' :chuckle:

nah honestly i know stats mean jack most of the time but they're fun to throw out

tony hipchest
11-10-2010, 11:55 PM
nah honestly i know stats mean jack most of the time but they're fun to throw out

i'll say.

Steelers 0-7 in 4:15 games under Tomlin

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28954&highlight=tomlin

:shout:- CAN NO LOSE!!!

finesward
11-11-2010, 06:40 AM
We dont use wallace enough...we could use him just as much underneath as well as long routes because he would be just like holmes in yards after the catch...but arians dont know how to draw up the rigbht rights....its sad!!! If we had a better OC we would be a much more dangerous team!!

you know i'm not much of a fan of arians at times, but to put all the struggles on offense squarely on his shoulders and neglect the actual PLAYERS that are executing, or lack there of, is getting so old around here. It's arians this arians that. Ummm he is one guy calling plays that at any time ben can audible out of as he did several times against the bengals. So we get a better OC who calls better plays you think the players magically start executing them better? It's ridiculous. If your pointing your finger at arians every time there is a 3 and out, or mendy gets stopped behind the line b/c the oline didnt execute their blocks you are an idiot. And you should be fired from being a fan. This mob mentality you all have about arians is asinine. Arians is to ben7 as wade phillips is to jerry jones. Ben is why arians is the o-coordinator. You guys can't see that???? Except unlike wade we win games so there hasn't been some dramatic collapse to call for a change. was wade a good coach? no not really, but he did whatever jerry jones wanted him to. thats why he was kept around for so long. is arians a good coach? no not really but he let ben do whatever he wanted to do, including focusing on the pass and allowing him the freedom to call plays and run the offense. ben wins more games than he loses. why mess with that?

Whodis
11-11-2010, 07:18 AM
you know i'm not much of a fan of arians at times, but to put all the struggles on offense squarely on his shoulders and neglect the actual PLAYERS that are executing, or lack there of, is getting so old around here. It's arians this arians that. Ummm he is one guy calling plays that at any time ben can audible out of as he did several times against the bengals. So we get a better OC who calls better plays you think the players magically start executing them better? It's ridiculous. If your pointing your finger at arians every time there is a 3 and out, or mendy gets stopped behind the line b/c the oline didnt execute their blocks you are an idiot. And you should be fired from being a fan. This mob mentality you all have about arians is asinine. Arians is to ben7 as wade phillips is to jerry jones. Ben is why arians is the o-coordinator. You guys can't see that????

Don't drink the kool-aid brother! Do you write for the Tribune? Was that back when Ben said "We're a passing team now and fans need to get used to it". How far did we get in the post season that year? (didn't make it)

I personally feel we win despite the play calling. The New Orleans game was horrible same as the Ravens game. Dallas doesn't have our defense or owner so don't compare the two.

If Ben wants to audible why doesn't he try to get to the line before it the play clock gets to 5 seconds? I don't place it all on Arians. I blame Tomlin for allowing Arians to call the stupid ass plays he puts in.

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-11-2010, 11:08 AM
WOW...How many times have we seen Wallace have to "pull up" this season and wait for the ball to get to him? He is just SO blazing fast that you have to almost throw the ball right after it is hiked in order to make it lead him! I love LOVE LOVE how he blows the defender out of the water when he turns the after burner on!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

lionslicer
11-11-2010, 11:49 AM
i'll say.

Steelers 0-7 in 4:15 games under Tomlin

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28954&highlight=tomlin

:shout:- CAN NO LOSE!!!

Because it was obviously his fault for the defense playing bad and Ben throwing interceptions.

StainlessStill
11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I've seen many WR's in this league come in and blow past corners in this league, but I've never seen it in such a fashion that Wallace does. This dude smokes everybody and it doesn't matter if he's single, doubled, or even triple covered. He blows past cover 2's with ease as well as 3 deeps and any other defense that wants to stay back. He's special in that category.

lionslicer
11-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I've seen many WR's in this league come in and blow past corners in this league, but I've never seen it in such a fashion that Wallace does. This dude smokes everybody and it doesn't matter if he's single, doubled, or even triple covered. He blows past cover 2's with ease as well as 3 deeps and any other defense that wants to stay back. He's special in that category.

I saw him go by 3 guys against the Bengals, and i think Jaws said Ben was stupid for throwing the ball, but Wallace was open but out ran the ball. As soon as the ball is snapped Ben should just throw it 50 yards down the field, Wallace will get there, and probably still be underthrown.

SteelerEmpire
11-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I saw him go by 3 guys against the Bengals, and i think Jaws said Ben was stupid for throwing the ball, but Wallace was open but out ran the ball. As soon as the ball is snapped Ben should just throw it 50 yards down the field, Wallace will get there, and probably still be underthrown.

Once Ben masters the skill set to connect with Wallace without Wallace having to break stride we will have a weapon unmatched by any team and comparable to the US having the A-Bomb with no one else having it in WWII.
But if you sit down and think about it, hopefully the inability to not be able to connect with Wallace smoothly will not come back and bite the team in their azz...

Fire Arians
11-12-2010, 01:45 AM
wallace is the new cris carter, all he does is catch touchdowns lol

DanRooney
11-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Once Ben masters the skill set to connect with Wallace without Wallace having to break stride we will have a weapon unmatched by any team and comparable to the US having the A-Bomb with no one else having it in WWII.
But if you sit down and think about it, hopefully the inability to not be able to connect with Wallace smoothly will not come back and bite the team in their azz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI2sJ0nqvVY :tt: