PDA

View Full Version : Midseason concerns and fixes

SH-Rock
11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
What do you think is the most concerning part of the Steelers and who do you think should be drafted to fix this?

The offensive line has taken a big hit this year and need a lot of fixing. I think Mike Pouncey as OG will be a great addition to the Steelers. This year in Florida we can see that he is not as good at center as he was at guard and since we already have a future pro bowl center then an offensive guard is the position he should take.

The secondary has been pretty week lately. Sure there are some elite players, but a lot of them can be easily replaced. The only reason Ike is still in PIT because he is big and physical. Well I thin CB Jimmy Smith is a good choice for replacing him. He is 6 ft 2 and 200 lbs and he is extremely physical and athletic.

Edit: Woops made a mistake there

fer522
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
definitely O line thats a must
i would use the first 2 pick on the O line for sure

kirklandrules
11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
I think Maurkice Pouncey as OG will be a great addition to the Steelers. This year in Florida we can see that he is not as good at center as he was at guard and since we already have a future pro bowl center then an offensive guard is the position he should take.

Didn't the Steelers draft Maurkice this year and love seeing him play center? JK- I know you were talking about his twin brother Mike.

To answer your question, I would draft a legitimate FB and get a coordinator that understands the value of that position. Barry Sanders had so many plays where he lost yardage because he was forced to play without a FB ... ultimately he retired early because he was pissed his coach wouldn't provide a lead blocker. And as seen with Sanders, the best you get without a true FB is feast or famine in the run game. Feast or famine is not the consistent running game the Rooneys are looking for. Bettis had Kreider blocking for him (Witman before him and Lester before him).Wake up BA!

SH-Rock
11-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Didn't the Steelers draft Maurkice this year and love seeing him play center? JK- I know you were talking about his twin brother Mike.

To answer your question, I would draft a legitimate FB and get a coordinator that understands the value of that position. Barry Sanders had so many plays where he lost yardage because he was forced to play without a FB ... ultimately he retired early because he was pissed his coach wouldn't provide a lead blocker. And as seen with Sanders, the best you get without a true FB is feast or famine in the run game. Feast or famine is not the consistent running game the Rooneys are looking for. Bettis had Kreider blocking for him (Witman before him and Lester before him).Wake up BA!

Fixed the name

and you make a good point there, but I don' think BA would understand the value. I really hope they get a new OC, it's just ridiculous now

grward
11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
What do you think is the most concerning part of the Steelers and who do you think should be drafted to fix this?

The offensive line has taken a big hit this year and need a lot of fixing. I think Mike Pouncey as OG will be a great addition to the Steelers. This year in Florida we can see that he is not as good at center as he was at guard and since we already have a future pro bowl center then an offensive guard is the position he should take.

The secondary has been pretty week lately. Sure there are some elite players, but a lot of them can be easily replaced. The only reason Ike is still in PIT because he is big and physical. Well I thin CB Jimmy Smith is a good choice for replacing him. He is 6 ft 2 and 200 lbs and he is extremely physical and athletic.

Edit: Woops made a mistake there

We have two starting CBs and you would replace Ike? Really? Com'on man!:dang:

joeyssteelcurtain
11-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Wells lets hope we our picking last

steeltheone
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
We should have sent a 2nd or 3rd pick to the Patriots for Logan Mankins back in the pre season...We sure could use him now.

zulater
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmm, if I'm to believe Steelknight it's a tight end we most be needing.

:chuckle: :wink02:

markymarc
11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I say wide receiver and quarterback is our biggest issue right now:chuckle: Put my name on the list for taking Mike Pouncey in the 2011 first round. Then I would go tackle in the 2nd round.

Right now I just want to see Ben and the entire offense get out of their funk and start playing on the level of our defense.