PDA

View Full Version : Chambers prediction.....

DIESELMAN
03-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Wide receiver Chris Chambers predicted the Dolphins will play in the 2006 Super Bowl during a team awards banquet on Wednesday night. "They play the Super Bowl here next year," Chambers told the Miami Herald. "And I'll be damned if we're not the ones playing in our own stadium."

All I gotta say is "You gotta get through the STEELERS first!!!!!":helmet:

Livinginthe past
03-24-2006, 03:45 AM
NFL player backs own team "shocker".

NM

TexaSteeler
03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
That was the plan in Detroit last training camp, too.

SalukiSteelers
03-24-2006, 01:37 PM
If I were Chambers, I'd focus on knocking off the Pats first then worry about the SB. With the changes -- and improvements -- the Dolphins made this offseason, I'm wondering if you're getting a little nervous, LITP? It's the Pats' division til somebody takes it from them. How are you feeling about your team's prospects this season?

Suitanim
03-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I think he meant "The Dolphins will be AT the Super Bowl next year", as in every NFL player gets a couple tickets...

Livinginthe past
03-25-2006, 01:06 AM
If I were Chambers, I'd focus on knocking off the Pats first then worry about the SB. With the changes -- and improvements -- the Dolphins made this offseason, I'm wondering if you're getting a little nervous, LITP? It's the Pats' division til somebody takes it from them. How are you feeling about your team's prospects this season?

Im always nervous before, during and after a football season.

Im still confident that we can make it to the playoffs - and if we make it that far i'd back us against any team in the league, at any venue.

Im hoping our O-Line can stay healthy, which should lead to increased production from Dillon and co..

Hopefully this will take the heat off Brady a little, I dont want him to have to throw for a league best yardage total again this year - he took a few too many hits for my liking last year.

I think the Pats have ear-marked players that make the biggest impact, and are relatively young - and they will be using the remaining cap room to tie them to new contracts - Seymour and Branch (next year) spring to mind - and Koppen is an excellent centre.

I think our excellent LB corps can take some of the heat off the DB division where we have quite alot of young blood - the DB's couldnt cope last year when we were leaking yards on the ground aswell as in the air.

Im excited about the draft - it would be nice to pick up one of the top4 RB's in the draft and a decent WR or two.

Miami will be a real threat this year - well coached, good defense and possibly a QB worthy of the title - I wouldnt be too surprised to see both teams make it to the playoffs.

NM

Mr. Clean
03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Can Nick Saban get performance out of Culpepper and Ricky Williams (provided Williams plays at all in place of Brown?)

Livinginthe past
03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Can Nick Saban get performance out of Culpepper and Ricky Williams (provided Williams plays at all in place of Brown?)

I think Williams can definitely do a job for Miami - he will have had another offseason under his belt to replace some of that bodyweight at a more gradual pace.

They could have a similar set up to the Willie Parker/ Duce Staley duo in Pittsburgh, with Ronnie Brown in the Willie Parker mould (although I think Brown is the more complete back, Willie still has a huge amount of upside and learning to do)

I will hold my hands up and admit to having no idea how Culpepper will work in Miami - although he must be a definite upgrade to the Qb's of the previous few years.

On the subject of Willie Parker it will be interesting to see if the Pittsburgh public remain patient with him if he has a slow start to the year.

The raw materials are there but people shouldnt get too carried away with his overall yardage from last year - a large percentage of that was gained against very weak opposition in the first 3 weeks.

NM

Hawk Believer
03-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Nice to see a discussion here involving the Pats where no one has blown a gasket. Yet....

RoethlisBURGHer
03-26-2006, 01:48 PM
That's fine that they say that.But the Vikings had much better teams than the upcoming Miami one and they couldn't break through the NFC.And will Cullpepper be able to start the first game of the season?

Ricky Williams probally won't play at all this year due to his positive drug test.So they will probally only have the services of Ronnie Brown.Who knows how he will handle a full load in an NFL season.He never even had a full load in a college season.

Then there is the Pats factor.They lost some guys,but they still have Tom Brady.The Dolphins still have to get past these guys,and that may not be very easy.

Also,can they win a Wild Card spot?Whoever comes in second in the AFCN will be challenging and probally winning one of the two spots.Then you still have the Jaguars,Chiefs,Chargers,Broncos and possibly a surprise team like the Bills to compete with.

Chambers made a bold statement.It shows he believes in his team.But can he back it up?I'm not sure.