PDA

View Full Version : Clay Matthews VS James Harrison

joeyssteelcurtain
11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
All this Matthews stuff about sure lock on NFL MVP...

Lets review the numbers on Clay:

28 tackles, 3 assists, 10.5 sacks, 1 INT , 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 recovery

Mr. Harrison

40 tackles, 15 assists, 7 sacks, 1 INT , 4 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, $100k in fines

JH, leads in tackles and impact #'s 13 to 12.5,

plus those McCoy might have been 3 for 3 if he had any WRs to throw to.....his starters were knocked out by JH.

ALL this AND MATTHEWS PLAYED ONE MORE GAME THAN JH !!!!

Packers are 6-3, Steelers 6-2

BengalDestroyer
11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Mathews hasn't been fined therefore more unbias fans will likely choose him, or jump on his band wagon anyway...Also Harrisons stats are expected, he's a Steeler!

pete74
11-11-2010, 05:23 PM
I saw harrison's name up for MVP as well. There both great players

lionslicer
11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Harrison wont win anything if Goodell has anything to do with it this year...

Mathews with get defensive player of the year most likely, MVP will go to Manning... Goodell doesn't want anyone on defense winning that award

mikegrimey
11-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Didn't Matthews miss a game too?

Harrison is having a big year though, I'd rank him ahead of Clay based on those numbers. I agree that any MVP talk for a defensive player is probably really really far fetched. I wish thety would wait until the end of the year to hand it out though, instead of giving it to Manning only to see him choke in the playoffs again.

Fire Arians
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM
matthews is a better pass rusher than james but not a better overall football player

clay is great at what he does no doubt, but james is the type of player that will win you more games because of his overall skillset, he often comes up big in pass coverage as well. james' hit on the bengals wr to prevent a 1st down completion at the 5 could have very well been the game winning play. and if he doesnt get the INT returned for 100 yds in our last sb win, that might have not been a win.

I'll take james on my team any day of the week over clay.

SteelCityKing
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE James Harrison...BUT...

...if i had to pick another player in this legue to love, it'd be Matthews. He is a MONSTER and he's so charismatic. I just dig his style.

Harrison looks like a serial killer on the field, but Matthews looks like a roid'd out hippy haha!

markymarc
11-11-2010, 08:55 PM
While Clay Matthews is a great player and will only get better with more playing time, I will take the more complete player in James Harrison every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Stu Pidasso
11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
if i had to pick another player in this legue to love, it'd be Matthews. He is a MONSTER and he's so charismatic. I just dig his style.

When I vote for NFL MVP, my first criteria is charisma. Are you serious? CHARISMA???

WTF

jjpro11
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
still a half of a season to go.

Merchant
11-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Matthews stats are padded by those 6 sacks in 2 games. It's hard not to like the guy though, he's a terrific player. I think he SLIGHTLY edges out James as defensive MVP at this time. AT THIS TIME. There's still the 2nd half of a season.

TRH
11-12-2010, 02:23 AM
I'd pick Harrison.

BUT. He'll never get even close to the MVP award. We love him here, but outside of Pittsburgh he is fairly disliked (due to fans around the country "buying" into that he's a dirty player...which is the NFL office's fault...and its an unfair tag).
I've visited many other team forums and blogs/articles and while an overwhelmingly majority of fans are dead against the NFL's new stupid, foolish policy on fines + suspensions, there seems to be an unfair rap on James now for being a "dirty player". Thanks NFL front office, are you happy now?
The person above is right. The NFL DOES NOT want a defensive player winning the award. Again, insanely foolish.
This is Goodell & Co., those dummies. Lets try and copy baseball's push of "offense".
Lot of good that did for baseball. No one gives a s*** about it anymore.

If its "defensive" MVP you're talking about it, i don't see James getting that either, unfortunately. The league will do anything it can to see that won't happen.
I really believe they have a vendetta against Pittsburgh and Goodell will be smiling ear to ear if someone from a team different than the Steelers win these type of awards.

ETL
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
With Troy Polamalu openly questioning Goodell's legitimacy, there is no way any steeler is going to win any award this year.

Fire Arians
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
With Troy Polamalu openly questioning Goodell's legitimacy, there is no way any steeler is going to win any award this year.

I can live with that, the lombardi trophy is all that matters. nobody is gonna say 20 years from now "hey you remember the NFL's MVP in 2010?"

hell i don't even remember who won the mvp award last year.