PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta vs. Baltimore

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Anyone watching tonight? I'm going to be the biggest Falcons fan in the world for 3 hours tonight lol. Go Matty Ice!

P.S. If you don't have the NFL Network, or whatever it is that they show it on, you can watch the game for free on nfl.com.

MattsMe
11-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I'll be watching, and cheering the Falcons as well. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and all that.

Fire Haley
11-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I would so have loved to go to this game and wear my Steelers colors.

go dirty birds

SteelCityKing
11-11-2010, 08:17 PM
i'm rooting for Atlanta...DUH!

BUT...i need Ray Lewis to step up on Defense for my Fantasy Football league.

lionslicer
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
i'm rooting for Atlanta...DUH!

BUT...i need Ray Lewis to step up on Defense for my Fantasy Football league.

Too bad he's injured

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I hope he stays injured too. I know...that makes me horrible and all. I don't care. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Bah...he's back in already.

Turner really creamed his ass though...that was an awesome block.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 09:10 PM
And Atlanta is up 7-0 now!

Keep it going Matty Ice!

Stanley
11-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Go Falcons Go !!!
:tt03:

MattsMe
11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Fumble! Falcons got it back. Let's hope they score before the half and send Ray Ray into the locker room pouting.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
:tt02:

Webb fumbles on the Ravens punt return and it's Falcons ball. Hope they make it 14-0 before the half...that would be verrrry nice.

lionslicer
11-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Ahh White was wide open, Ryan just missed him.

Deion going into the Falcons ring of honor at half time...

Stanley
11-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Ryan missed that throw.
Coulda been 7.:noidea:

Merchant
11-11-2010, 09:55 PM
So far so good. Keep it up Dirty Birds!

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:05 PM
And Flacco gets intercepted by Grimes at the Ravens 40 (?)...time to get some more points Matty Ice!

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Falcons only get 3 off of that turnover too. Smith SHOULD have gone for it on 4th and 3...but that was a real nice 51 yard kick. I understand why he went a little conservative.

Falcons defense has just been tearing Flacco apart. Hope they keep the pressure on the whole game.

13-0 now Falcons.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Booo...Ravens score (Flacco to Boldin) to make it 13-7. Those 8 points the Falcons left on the field from TO's might come back to bite them in the ass if they aren't careful.

Shea
11-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Shit!

It's got a feeling like the momentum has swung and is now in the Ravens favor.

If the Falcons blow this then I'm gonna be pissed!

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Same here...if the Ravens win, it just makes the Pats game that much more important. Not that I don't want the Steelers to crush the Pats in every way possible, but I'd prefer to either stay even with the Rats or have a game advantage on them (obviously).

Keeping my fingers crossed! :hope:

Stanley
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Shit!

It's got a feeling like the momentum has swung and is now in the Ravens favor.

If the Falcons blow this then I'm gonna be pissed!

Me too.
I'm beginning to get bad vibes about this game.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:35 PM
That was a NICE hit on Flacco...Heap was WIDE open there too.

Shea
11-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Is it just me, or perhaps the sound system on my television, but couldn't the crowd wake up in Atlanta and help out their team?

The 12th man can play a beneficial part. :noidea:

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Attention Attention...Reed is DOWN. :chuckle:

That was a heck of a catch too.

Shea...I noticed that too. I'm thinking it might just be b/c it's on NFL network...maybe they have their sound set up differently? I dunno...if they're really that quiet, that sucks for them.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
That's awesome...20-7 now. Roddy White with the TD catch. Keep the pressure on guys!

Shea
11-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeps that TD just might have put those turds out of the game.

Me likey.

Shea
11-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I think Flacco is gonna do another dummy pass.

Pressure not only in the pocket from Atlanta, but pressure from being behind.

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Crap!

C'mon Matty Ice, no going 3 and out.

Put together a good drive and put them away by taking the clock down and making that ticker the thing that kills them and puts them in the L column.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Is it me or does Flacco look like he's wearing guy-liner tonight? :chuckle:

Screw you Falcons for not converting there!

tony hipchest
11-11-2010, 11:11 PM
killer penalty on that kick. that sucks.

tony hipchest
11-11-2010, 11:13 PM
flacco ice???

SteelCityMom
In the words of Han Solo....I've got a baaaad feeling about this.

MattsMe
Crap. I hate the Rats. I know Flacco has another pick in him. Now would be a great time to throw it.

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Huge third down conversion here. :hope:

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Actually, if they don't get this they'll go for it on fourth down.

And I don't like how they have all their timeouts left.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
:banging: Frickin frick.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm gonna just find a baby to slap if the Rats win this.

Right in the face.

MattsMe
11-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Well that sucks.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Uggghhh...at least it was quick.

Just get down the field and get a FG dammit Falcons.

MattsMe
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm gonna just find a baby to slap if the Rats win this.

Right in the face.

:toofunny:

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
That would be friggin' awesome if they overturn this TD.

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm pissed.

This really would have helped our team if the Raturds had lost.

For a game that didn't have our team playing, I'm thinking this is huge.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Still hoping they can get into FG range. That's all they need right now. :hope:

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Arrrrrg! Come on Matty! :banging:

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:27 PM
:applaudit: Nice throw and catch for a 1st! Keep it up Matty!

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:28 PM
That's a catch.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Jesus...these announcers are making me want to punch things.

Good call by the refs too.

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:29 PM
BTW, I normally can stand any commentator but I'm wishing I was in the booth tonight to kick Theisman's ass and find a way to shut him the hell up.

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Jesus...these announcers are making me want to punch things.

:sofunny:

Beat me to it!

Shea
11-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Why are they throwing it over the middle? :doh:

They need to stop the clock.

VegasStlrFan
11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
sweet

Shea
I love football.

SteelCityMom
I wasn't sure if that was Joe or not being a smarmy bastard. You can tell Matt and Bob don't like him much either lol.

You're gettin there Matty! Go go go!

MattsMe
11-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Woohoo!!!!

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Freaking fantastic!!

Only needed a FG and got a TD. This game better be over now!

VegasStlrFan
11-11-2010, 11:35 PM
bad call on the 2pt, my daughter could read that coming

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:36 PM
2 point conversion failed...hope that doesn't matter at all.

20 seconds to go...just stop them dammit.

GMU Steeler
11-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh thank goodness. Hope our guys can take advantage of this gift and beat the Pats Sunday evening. This division race is gonna come down to the wire.

VegasStlrFan
11-11-2010, 11:37 PM
wow, that was a hell of a hit!

SteelCityMom
Oh snap! That was a NICE hit on Reed lol.

Fire Arians
go falcons!

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
WTG on getting Heap killed Fracco.

SteelCityMom
11-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Haha...Flacco sucks balls.

I'm glad I don't have to slap a baby tonight. Great game...time for the Steelers to step up and take the division back on Sunday!

GMU Steeler
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Don't have a TV but I see Ravens fans whining about calls. Can't say one way or the other since I didn't see the game but it sure as heck feels like their fans and their players whine about officiating more than any team I've seen.

jjpro11
11-11-2010, 11:48 PM
awesomeness. i can go to sleep a little happier now. :chuckle:

Stanley
11-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Don't have a TV but I see Ravens fans whining about calls. Can't say one way or the other since I didn't see the game but it sure as heck feels like their fans and their players whine about officiating more than any team I've seen.

I can't wait to hear Crybaby Ray whine/
:applaudit::sofunny::applaudit:

steelerohio
11-11-2010, 11:57 PM
That game kept me on the edge...

Good job Falcons... :thumbsup: :drink:

SteelCityMom
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh...they're whining alright.

LOL WHO JUST SAW RODDY WHITE PUSH DOWN JOSH WILSON FOR THAT TD? GG REFS

Ref ought to be fined over that missed call.

I'm sick and tired of getting calls against us in every single game throughout every single year; they don't singlehandedly decide the outcome, but damn, it's getting ridiculous considering that this **** happens to us every damn year, and I like to consider myself fairly objective.

Wilson got shoved down by Roddy White but of course that piece of **** Ron Winter won't make the call. I get a little less excited when I find out he is reffing our games. And by the way Ravens defense, play up to your reputation, there is no way a real Ravens defense would give up a TD with 50 seconds left in the game. Serious issues in the secondary

Who cares? A missed penalty is a missed penalty. We got robbed.

Atlanta should have NOT won that game. Roddy White got away with murder! Offensive PI should have been called but no! I bet if Boldin would have pushed off it would have been called on us!

Ron Winter better not be officiating a Baltimore Home Game anytime soon because we as fans are not going to like it and show him our displeasure for screwing us tonight.

See.... this is where the league is a bunch of hypcrites, it's not ok for a Defender to do anything but since this is a offensive league a WR can get away with PI. Ravens should have won this game and the final should have been 21 to 20!

I'm also turning off my TV and going to bed because this Matt Ryan love fest makes me sick!

once again ravens get f***** over by bull**** calls, and non-calls

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/26422-week-10-baltimore-ravens-at-atlanta-falcons/page__st__2480

Some of them are really giving Seahag fans a run for their money for most whiny fanbase.

SteelCityMom
11-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Haha...they are going ballistic about the refs over there. It's great. :chuckle:

Kanata-Steeler
11-12-2010, 12:08 AM
That really was a GREAT Game !
:)

GMU Steeler
11-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh...they're whining alright.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/26422-week-10-baltimore-ravens-at-atlanta-falcons/page__st__2480

Some of them are really giving Seahag fans a run for their money for most whiny fanbase.

Yeah and while I haven't heard anything from their players yet. I just know Ray Lewis is gonna be bellyaching. Guy loves to act like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread when they win but whenever they lose, it's never Ray and his boys' fault. Bottom line they could not stop them with a 1:05 left with one time out. Honestly, I think this is a team we can beat in the playoffs with Ben starting. A stat worth noting here but Flacco has never beaten the Steelers when Roethlisberger has been QB. His only wins have come with Dixon and Batch starting and those were only by three points.

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah and while I haven't heard anything from their players yet..

Or their coach - Harbaugh is a world class whiner

"I'm not going to give an opinion on it," Harbaugh said after the game. I think you guys all saw it and everybody can have their own opinion on it."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/harbaugh_doesnt_criticize_officiating_on_gamewinni ng_td.html

Of course the writers for the Baltimore Sun jump in (the Sun provides very homerish Ravens coverage)

While most of the attention focused on whether Atlanta wide receiver Roddy White, there was another questionable play on the Falcons' game-winning drive against the Ravens.

On third-and-10 from the Atlanta 20, Michael Jenkins caught a 24-yard pass with 55 seconds left in the game and the Falcons trailing 21-20.

Because it was under two minutes, the replay assistant stopped the game to look at the ruling. Video replays showed that Jenkins got both feet inbounds. But it's questionable whether he had full possession of the ball (and not bobbling it) before going out of bounds.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/did_jenkins_have_possession_on_thirddown_catch.htm l

The game was officiated by Ron Winter's crew, who called two questionable pass interference penalties against the Ravens in a loss at New England last season.:jawdrop: -

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/harbaugh_doesnt_criticize_officiating_on_gamewinni ng_td.html

Yeah - the master plan of the refs to screw the Ravens worked yet again

lionslicer
11-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Every teams fans comaplain about the refs screwing them... I'm sure there were questionable calls against the Falcons that they say the refs were trying to screw them... Everyone should just shut up and realize Refs suck.

SteelCityMom
11-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Every teams fans comaplain about the refs screwing them... I'm sure there were questionable calls against the Falcons that they say the refs were trying to screw them... Everyone should just shut up and realize Refs suck.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...every team has some fans that will whine. Trust me when I say this though...some Ravens fans have made it an art form. Even when there are no "questionable" calls, they will make some up to complain about. It is literally a topic over there after every loss and some wins.

Are there some Steelers fans that will whine? Yeah...occasionally. Have you ever seen a thread dedicated to it over here? Nope. Steelers fans are more content to blame the team, as they should.

Sure the refs suck sometimes...but the whole Ravens team sucked for more than half of the game and a lot of them want to act like a bad call lost the game for them. They need to get over themselves.

And no, next time they lose, I won't shut up about it then either.

Nevermore
11-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Ravens fan here....

I enjoy seeing your everyone's reaction to the game, especially our rival fans.

The Roddy White no call was probably a bad one (he did stiff arm the dude and throw him to the ground on the way to catching the ball), but that is not why we lost. They were already in field goal range and had moved the ball almost 50 yards in only 15 seconds.

Strangely our D is looking tired for the first time in a LONG time and the O is the better half of the team. We couldn't stop a stinking 3rd down conversion to save our life and Ladarius Webb was single handedly trying to lose the game. TERRIBLE tackle on the first touchdown, not securing the ball on the punt return and getting completely owned by White in the first quarter.

It was a hell of a game, but one we came up short in. Pressure on Flacco forced bad passes, and Matty Ice looked as good as ever. If a team can't hold the offense to less than 50 yards in 1:05 to win the game, then we don't deserve it.

Can't win them all.......

Go Patriots this weekend (ugh... I think I threw up in my mouth a little right there)

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2010, 11:51 AM

Go Patriots this weekend (ugh... I think I threw up in my mouth a little right there)

LOL

Welcome to the club - those of us on this board who were rooting for the Pats against the Ravens several weeks ago had similar feelings - end goal of getting your team to the playoffs justifies any means of getting there I suppose

:drink:

GMU Steeler
11-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Ravens fan here....

I enjoy seeing your everyone's reaction to the game, especially our rival fans.

The Roddy White no call was probably a bad one (he did stiff arm the dude and throw him to the ground on the way to catching the ball), but that is not why we lost. They were already in field goal range and had moved the ball almost 50 yards in only 15 seconds.

Strangely our D is looking tired for the first time in a LONG time and the O is the better half of the team. We couldn't stop a stinking 3rd down conversion to save our life and Ladarius Webb was single handedly trying to lose the game. TERRIBLE tackle on the first touchdown, not securing the ball on the punt return and getting completely owned by White in the first quarter.

It was a hell of a game, but one we came up short in. Pressure on Flacco forced bad passes, and Matty Ice looked as good as ever. If a team can't hold the offense to less than 50 yards in 1:05 to win the game, then we don't deserve it.

Can't win them all.......

You're a fair fan dude. I know a lot of Ravens fans since I'm one of those rare Steelers-Orioles fans. But yeah it seems like the Ravens' D isn't what it was. I don't knwo if it's because of Ray Lewis getting older, Ryan leaving to coach the Jets, or something all together. I feel ya about having to root for the Pats. I mean I hate the Ravens technically the most because they're a division rival but I do respect the rivalry our two teams have a lot since the games between the two teams usually exampifiy what football is all about to me. I will confess this though, I was rooting for the Ravens in the playoffs last year against the Pats. Loved seeing Ray Rice own their D. I think your OC needs to use him more often. He's a fine back.

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Peter King gets his inner bit** on with this post:chuckle:

Baltimore's defense just isn't the same. Ed Reed looks 47. The corners were sieves last night. The Ravens gave up 156 yards in the fourth quarter. I remember when they didn't give up 156 in a game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/12/week10/index.html?eref=sihp