PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer Has Hard Feelings Toward Steelers..

LuckyNumber7
03-24-2006, 10:18 AM
I was watching Savran On Sportsbeat yesterday and they showed Carson Palmer talking about the Steelers. He said he doesn't hold a grudge against Von Oelhoffen, but he does hold a grudge against the Steelers for winning the SuperBowl.

Here's the article...(it's toward the bottom of the page)

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5150

Figures......:rolleyes:

$LuckyNumber7$

BlackNGold203
03-24-2006, 11:22 AM
LOL..he's pissed about the "Who Dey" chant????

That's OK...I'm sure none of the Steelers will forget TJ HooshmaHussein wiping his cleats with the terrible towel in our house...

I cant wait..these are gonna be 2 GREAT games....

LuckyNumber7
03-24-2006, 11:32 AM
AGREED! :iagree: :tt03:

$LN7$

Midnightwriter1
03-24-2006, 11:35 AM
He will haev plenty of more years to hold a grudge !!

AvoidLLoyd95
03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I bet those comments will make 11 guys in Black and Gold want to bury him on every play the next time they meet.

MAN-O-STEEL
03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
OOOOOOOUUU!!!! CARSON IS PISSED! I guess the STEELERS should probably go run and hide in a corner. I'm almost as scared as the steeler players are. but then i guess the bengals and their fans know all about winning, since the had a winning record once in the last 15 years or because they beat us once in the lat 5 games. hell i think the steelers shouldn't show up on gameday. we don't want Carson pissed at us.:yikes:

LuckyNumber7
03-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Haha, nice!! I agree, I am very scared! :rolleyes:

$LN7$

clevestinks
03-24-2006, 03:15 PM
I like Palmer! But get over it! We were the better team all season, we were just a little banged up. REPEAT

Mosca
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
But he did happen to catch Steelers head coach Bill Cowher?s act when he parodied the Bengals Who-Dey chant at the Super Bowl parade.

?When he started doing that, I was still pissed they won,? Palmer said. ?But I realized he might have said something he shouldn?t have said and that it will fuel our fire a little more and make us a little bit hungrier to beat them.

?I love it. Rivalry games are the most fun games to play in. You just can?t stand the guys on the other sideline and it brings out that more much emotion and makes the game that much more fun.?

I dunno, it sounds to me like he has it in perspective. I like the guy. I'd want our guy to feel the same way.

It's going to be a lot more fun with the Bungles as a good team. Nothin' like a nailbiter to make a snowy December Sunday into a great day. Nothin' like waiting for the next matchup to avenge a close loss, or to rub the other guy's face in one. It's what the rivalry is all about.

Midnightwriter1
03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I am just happy Carson mentioned Cowher yelling " Who Dey" .. that was some funny shit and i was cracking up watching Cowher do that. It made me laugh again when i read it.
Plus all those white playoff towels the bengals gave out can dry off the dishes or help clean the tires off their cars. They should at least come up with something orignal

PisnNapalm
03-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I know. The Bengals can give out costume tiger tails to the fans. That way they can tuck them between their legs when the Steelers take to the field.:sofunny:

Haiku_Dirtt
03-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I like Palmer! But get over it! We were the better team all season, we were just a little banged up. REPEAT

Palmer is an excellent QB. If he weren't PO'd then he have two problems. The second problem is that he is in the AFC North.

Objectively we were better.

Ambridge
03-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Carson is a delusional prick!!
In the '04 season when the Steelers swept both games he was running his yap afterwards that he didn't think the Steelers were the better team and now wants to grumble about Cowher's "Who Dey" chant and that the Steelers won the Superbowl.

Hey Carson!! I hope the rehab is slow and miserable.

SteelerzGirl
03-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Pffffft... So Carson Palmer is PO'd. Whoop-de-doo. I'm sure the Men of Steel aren't skeered of those puddycats in their pretend jungle in Cincinnati. :rolleyes:

CantStop85
03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Carson is a delusional prick!!
In the '04 season when the Steelers swept both games he was running his yap afterwards that he didn't think the Steelers were the better team and now wants to grumble about Cowher's "Who Dey" chant and that the Steelers won the Superbowl.

Hey Carson!! I hope the rehab is slow and miserable.
It was an interview...he was asked how he felt about the situation and he answered. You wouldn't be pissed too if you were in his situation? If you're not pissed about seeing a rival winning the SB or having to watch a playoff game from the sideline, then something's wrong.

Hey Ambridge, I hope you stop wishing misery on others.

MattsMe
03-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I just realized the kid in cantstop85's sig is wearing a Polamalu jersey. Poor Chad.

noto45
03-24-2006, 08:35 PM
carson is nothing but a whiny little baby. this will b elik ein the 70's when the Oilers could never beat us in the playoffs . Too bad so sad Carson

Ambridge
03-24-2006, 09:19 PM
It was an interview...he was asked how he felt about the situation and he answered. You wouldn't be pissed too if you were in his situation? If you're not pissed about seeing a rival winning the SB or having to watch a playoff game from the sideline, then something's wrong.

Hey Ambridge, I hope you stop wishing misery on others.

Carson is smug and ignorant and he's shown in the past and now more recently that he can't tip his hat to the "Better" team regardless of the situation.
Sounds like Palmer is joining the growing faction of classless fools on the Bengals or maybe he is just a quiet ring leader??

My wish was more sarcastic than literal.

SteelShooter
03-24-2006, 09:34 PM
I am just happy Carson mentioned Cowher yelling " Who Dey" .. that was some funny shit and i was cracking up watching Cowher do that. It made me laugh again when i read it.
Plus all those white playoff towels the bengals gave out can dry off the dishes or help clean the tires off their cars. They should at least come up with something orignal

HAHAHAHahahhahaha!!!!
And the Bungles aren't the only "copycats." When the Steelers went to San Diego for the Monday night game, my wife and I were there. They (San Diego) was still upset that more Cowboys fans were at the season opener against Dallas (in SD) than Chargers fans and the local papers here were doing everything they could to boost Chargers fans participation (interpret as: ATTENDANCE LoL!). They had "Rally Towels" (white with a Bolt pattern and a BEER AD! ...and so thin you could see through it. How Lame...and cheap...and cheesy!) they were giving away as you entered the gates. We REFUSED the freebies, but went back and got them so we could wipe the our mouths and hands from the chili and pizza! LMAO!!!!!!!
And SD absolutely HAS TO GET RID of those throwback jerseys......they call it "POWER BLUE" instead of the Lame Powder Blue. U - G - L - Y ! ! !

Afterwards I actually ttold a Chargers fan "Thank You" as "Imitation is the best form of flattery."

SteelShooter
03-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I know. The Bengals can give out costume tiger tails to the fans. That way they can tuck them between their legs when the Steelers take to the field.:sofunny:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahaha
(breeeeeeeaaaaaaaathe)

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

That was toooooooooooooooo funny! You Da Man!

DIESELMAN
03-24-2006, 10:14 PM
He needs to worry about getting through rehab and getting his legs strengthened.
Getting pissed about the "Who Dey" chant is understandable but should be the least of his worries.Hes not going to make the season opener no matter what anyone says if he does he's pushing his luck and he will get reinjured it'll just be a matter of time.His 2 biggest obstacles when he does come back are playing us and WE are the defending champs and WE don't forget all the BS the bungals pulled(the wannabee terrible towels, Houshitzadeh wiping his shoes and Jackoff running his mouth)The Bungals want a rivalry? BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!!!.....:helmet:

boLT fan
03-24-2006, 10:47 PM
The Bengals/Steelers rivarly is quickly growing into one of the most interesting. Can't wait 'till next season. I'll have something to watch while Rivers goes threw his growing pains.

LuckyNumber7
03-25-2006, 08:58 AM
I dunno, it sounds to me like he has it in perspective. I like the guy. I'd want our guy to feel the same way.

It's going to be a lot more fun with the Bungles as a good team. Nothin' like a nailbiter to make a snowy December Sunday into a great day. Nothin' like waiting for the next matchup to avenge a close loss, or to rub the other guy's face in one. It's what the rivalry is all about.

Very good point! Never thought about it that way! Nice!

$LN7$

Stlrs4Life
03-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Tell him to call the waaaaaaaaaaambulance.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh shit,Carson is pissed!

I guess he'll be more pissed when we kick thier asses twice this year while our fans chant "WHo Dey?We Dey!" in The Burgh and in Cinci.

Also,I hope Carson throws a beautiful pass to Houshwoman-whatever-his-name-is and Troy just hits him so hard his helmet flies off.Then Troy intercepts another pass and once again runs over Carson to get the TD.

Yeah,I hate the Bungles and thier fans.They win one time in 5 games,win ONE AFCN Title,and get thier first winning record in 15 years and all of a sudden they are hot shit.All they really are is shit.

Midnightwriter1
03-25-2006, 12:12 PM
The Bengals are lil bitches

SteelersNation7
03-25-2006, 01:40 PM
You know what? When you talk smack like that (like they do) than what comes around goes around.....The Bungholes are nothing more than that.

tony hipchest
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
:sofunny: Tell him to call the waaaaaaaaaaambulance.:sofunny:

Mr. Clean
03-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Being an old guy (42), I rember well the Steelers-Oilers rivlary of the late 1970s. There were hard-hitting, intense games, but there wasn't trash talking, whining and complaining like one sees and hears now. Oh, the Oilers were peeved at the Mike Renfro non-catch, but they still lost that game 27-13.

What was also remarkable about that rivalry is that there were no complaints of cheap shots or late hits or anything of the sort.
Each team respected the other. It was unique.

As for the Bengals - if they cannot realize that the Steelers were and are the better team, and that they should just shut up and work to get better, than one can honestly say that they have learned nothing. They have not learned to keep their moths shut. They have not learned that making rap videos during the season is ridiculous and stupid. They have not learned that Rudi Johnson has run the ball well against the Steelers and falling in love with the pass gets them beat.

In four months, training camp opens and what happened in the 2005 season will not matter one bit. Winning the 2005 AFC North simply earned the Bengals the toughest schedule they have faced since the late 1980s. They have a target on their backs, just as the Steelers will have one. Marvin Lewis, Peyton Manning, Mike Holmgren, they all whined - and lost.

Petesburgh66
03-25-2006, 05:49 PM
The poor baby didn't like the "we dey". Well nobody else liked the "who dey" crap to begin with.

noto45
03-25-2006, 05:50 PM
well said. WE will see how this pans out but I dont see the Bungholes being a threat.

LuckyNumber7
03-25-2006, 06:45 PM
"The Bengals are lil bitches"

:rofl: :rofl: :sign09:

I like the way you think!!

$LN7$

CantStop85
03-25-2006, 10:10 PM
well said. WE will see how this pans out but I dont see the Bungholes being a threat.
Yeah, the Bengals won't be a threat...those Ravens and Browns...now those are who you really need to look out for! :dang:

BCEDGE
03-26-2006, 12:00 AM
The poor baby didn't like the "we dey". Well nobody else liked the "who dey" crap to begin with.

The point is that the Bengals were loud and obnoxious in the locker room after beating the Steelers. Thats why Cowher took so much pride in the "Who Dey" chant after the playoff win...don't tallk the talk if u cannot walk the walk Bungles.....

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2006, 02:00 AM
?When he started doing that, I was still pissed they won,? Palmer said. ?But I realized he might have said something he shouldn?t have said and that it will fuel our fire a little more and make us a little bit hungrier to beat them.

:blah: :blah: Cry me a river !!!!

They would have done the same thing to us if the roles were reversed. Suck it up and deal with it.

SteelerMurf
03-26-2006, 11:48 AM

Gee, and the crap that spews out of #85's mouth like the colored TV comment doesn't add fuel. Or how bout whiping cleats with a terrible towel or CJ waiving a ripped in half terrible towel is not mocking is it?

Eat it....Who Dey???? We Dey!!!

Isn't there a lot of truth to this? Bengals ask "Who Dey" gonna beat those Bengals and Cowher answers "We Dey". Isn't this just telling the truth? Bengals ask the question, Steelers answered.:busted:

ChronoCross
03-26-2006, 02:44 PM
:dang: Palmer made the misstake before the game started. He stated to his guys, We will put a hurting on the Steel Curtain. :busted: . Guess he was wrong.

Midnightwriter1
03-26-2006, 02:55 PM
lol If they arent hungry enough as it is then maybe that is why they got the crap beat out of them and Johnson was throwing a lil temper-tantrum at halftime. johnson showed what a lil bitch he really is when he couldnt get the ball--( i'm taking my ball home and throwing up in the air to myself so i catch it everytime ) Sounds like Meshawn and T.O to me.

noto45
03-26-2006, 05:51 PM
when the bungholes have six chmpionships we will talk.

SteelerMurf
03-26-2006, 07:48 PM
when the bungholes have six chmpionships we will talk.

But, but they won the AFC North and the Steeler's dominance over the division was over forever in week #13.:rolleyes:

Isn't the AFC North enough........answer is yes if you saw their reaction in the locker room after the game. I never saw a head coach other than Vermeil cry over a division title in week #13.

Hope Cincy is enjoying the AFC North Champ title, cause it doesn't mean crap.:blurp:

schoondog
03-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Nothing about Carson Daly and the rest of the Bungles worrys me, I am only slightly intrigued about the idea of Tommy waterpistol signing to be the back up so I can sit back :chug: then:rofl: as he falls flat on his face one more time:nana:

SteelShooter
03-27-2006, 05:17 AM

Gee, and the crap that spews out of #85's mouth like the colored TV comment doesn't add fuel. Or how bout whiping cleats with a terrible towel or CJ waiving a ripped in half terrible towel is not mocking is it?

Eat it....Who Dey???? We Dey!!!

Isn't there a lot of truth to this? Bengals ask "Who Dey" gonna beat those Bengals and Cowher answers "We Dey". Isn't this just telling the truth? Bengals ask the question, Steelers answered.:busted:

Well Duh! Makes incredible sense to me. :o)
:dang:

klick81
03-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Hahahaha!!! What a sore LOSER. Maybe he'll tell his boys to concentrate on practicing instead of making stupid, lame ass rap videos next year. Until then, he's still a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

noto45
03-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Maybe at the first game this Year Carson can help raise the Dvision Champions Banner. While we are channting who dey we dey while raising our XL Chmapions Banner and trying on our rings. Nuff Said. you are not a class act Carson you are a loser!

benberger
03-27-2006, 10:07 AM
the bungles are going to be so fired up to play us next year......i gar an tee they make stupid mistakes and cant control their emotions and we will have even more to laugh about next year.

JoeyPorter#55
03-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Carson Palmer felt the PAIN of what it is like to be KO'd by the most brutal defense in all of the NFL...the Pittsburgh Steelers!

His team fell apart to the point where players were cussing at coaches and what's up with T.J. Houshmandzadeh (can't believe I spelled that right) yelling out "sorry a-- refs" on the NFL channel's Game of the Week :pissed: ? Like the Colts, Broncos, and Seahawks, they are all victims :crutches: of that Steelers wrath!!!

Curtains on Carson and those Cincinnati Bengals!! Steelers 27-13 and Steelers 31-17...both in Cincinnati! Hear that? Heard it correctly! Good! Stop crying and focus on your rehab, "freakin' moron" :crutches: !

CantStop85
03-27-2006, 08:43 PM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (can't believe I spelled that right)
Yeah, neither can anyone else.

Steelers 27-13 and Steelers 31-17...both in Cincinnati! Hear that? Heard it correctly! Good!
12/4/05 Bengals 38-31 in the Steeltown

So let's see here, that makes the season series 1-1 when Carson's playing and 1-0 steelers when Kitna's playing. Congratulations.

Now before the crying starts, don't give me that bullshit about making excuses because you made the same ones when Tommy Maddox lost those games for you in the regular season. The Steelers QB doesn't even come close to carrying the load that a Bengals QB is required to every game due to offensive gameplanning and defensive efficiency.

Stop crying and focus on your rehab, "freakin' moron" :crutches: !
Freakin' moron...I'm sure Carson is just rolling in pain upon looking at that remark. Carson graduated from USC...judging from your choice of vocabulary, I'd say you're on the verge of graduating from elementary school...keep up the good work, fingerpainting and arithmetic don't come easy.

SteelerDad
03-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Carson graduated from USC

And how many USC grads do you know personally?

I know quite a few and from I can tell, they wasted their money.

CantStop85
03-27-2006, 10:27 PM
And how many USC grads do you know personally?

I know quite a few and from I can tell, they wasted their money.
I know two-three...of course there are more prestigious universities in regards to academics, but a diploma from a major university is certainly nothing to gawk at. I also know quite a few people who graduated from Ivy League schools who would make you scratch your head as to how they even got there, no less graduated. The university that a person attends is not always indicative of their level of intelligence. You can make broad generalizations but it really differs from situation to situation.

Midnightwriter1
03-28-2006, 08:00 AM
True true , i work with guys who graduated from Big Ten schools ( nothing to sneeze at ) but they dont have much common sense about them.

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I know two-three...of course there are more prestigious universities in regards to academics, but a diploma from a major university is certainly nothing to gawk at. I also know quite a few people who graduated from Ivy League schools who would make you scratch your head as to how they even got there, no less graduated. The university that a person attends is not always indicative of their level of intelligence. You can make broad generalizations but it really differs from situation to situation.

Faie enough, but you can see my point. To say that someone graduated from such and such a school is not any indication of their level of intelligence. My wife atteneded Notre Dame and she always tells me that you have to work to fail out of there. Not saying that the classes are easy, but just saying that they try their best to keep you in school.

For him to say he has hard feelings about us winning the Super Bowl shows that he still has something to learn about pro football. In college, holding a grudge can sometimes pump you up and keep you motivated. But pro football is above all else a business.

Avoid Lloyd
03-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Who cares if he went to USC - he's a Bungle now and that speaks volumes.

MAN-O-STEEL
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM

So let's see here, that makes the season series 1-1 when Carson's playing and 1-0 steelers when Kitna's playing. Congratulations.

YOU KEEP HANGING YOUR HAT ON 1- I REPEAT- 1 WIN IN 5 TRIES. THAT IS NOT A TREND. THE PLAYOFF GAME ALSO COUNTS AS A START. INJURIES ARE PART OF THE GAME. YOU MUST KNOW WHEN TO ZIG AND WHEN TO ZAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT. I have stated before that win in Pittsburgh was the bengals superbowl. they thought they had killed the Dragon, only to have the Dragon take a huge bite out of their ass when it really mattered. Over the course of Bill Cowher's career the wins against the bengals IS 21-8 OR 7-2 AGIANST MARVIN LEWIS, THAT'S ABOUT 3-1, Carson himself is 3-1 if you don't count the playoff game (but it must be counted). i don't see any change in that trend.:dang:

CantStop85
03-28-2006, 09:01 PM

YOU KEEP HANGING YOUR HAT ON 1- I REPEAT- 1 WIN IN 5 TRIES. THAT IS NOT A TREND. THE PLAYOFF GAME ALSO COUNTS AS A START. INJURIES ARE PART OF THE GAME. YOU MUST KNOW WHEN TO ZIG AND WHEN TO ZAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT. I have stated before that win in Pittsburgh was the bengals superbowl. they thought they had killed the Dragon, only to have the Dragon take a huge bite out of their ass when it really mattered. Over the course of Bill Cowher's career the wins against the bengals IS 21-8 OR 7-2 AGIANST MARVIN LEWIS, THAT'S ABOUT 3-1, Carson himself is 3-1 if you don't count the playoff game (but it must be counted). i don't see any change in that trend.:dang:
Between the random boldings, font changes, caps frenzies, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences...I really have no idea what you just attempted to say.

Yeah, injuries are part of the game...but you can't say X player is 2-1, 1-2, etc. when they only took one snap in one of those games. It works both ways, I wouldn't say Carson was 2-1 against the steelers this season if Jon Kitna had won that playoff game because Carson barely even played, hence he did not affect the outcome.

CantStop85
03-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Faie enough, but you can see my point. To say that someone graduated from such and such a school is not any indication of their level of intelligence. My wife atteneded Notre Dame and she always tells me that you have to work to fail out of there. Not saying that the classes are easy, but just saying that they try their best to keep you in school.

For him to say he has hard feelings about us winning the Super Bowl shows that he still has something to learn about pro football. In college, holding a grudge can sometimes pump you up and keep you motivated. But pro football is above all else a business.
Yeah, I see your point. In my original post I was trying more to compare a USC graduate to a non-college graduate than compare the qualities of college educations. Names of colleges really only matter through the admission process...if you can get a full-ride to an upper tier college through academics, then you're probably pretty smart. If you get into that same university by paying your own way or through an athletic scholarship, then that's not necessarily always true. It's always nice to brag about though...I've done my fair share of bragging about getting a free ride to Duke University.

I don't know if holding a grudge is something bad for pro football. Holding grudges is what a rivalry's all about...it should get under your skin to get beaten by your rival and see them succeed while you're sitting at home. Pro football is very much a business, but if there were no emotions involved, then the game would become very dry and very boring very quickly.

SteelerDad
03-28-2006, 09:53 PM
It's fine to hold a grudge because he tore up his knee against us. It's fine to hold a grudge because we beat them in the playoffs. But come on, holding a grudge because we won the Super Bowl?

You'd think he could come up with something better.

STEELERSTAR
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
He can say all he wants against our beloved Steelers. Who cares!!! Screw him!!! If he ever gets injured again, then his career is over. "Carson Palmer, be careful what you say or wish for grant because you'll be victimized again!"

MAN-O-STEEL
03-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Between the random boldings, font changes, caps frenzies, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences...I really have no idea what you just attempted to say.

Yeah, injuries are part of the game...but you can't say X player is 2-1, 1-2, etc. when they only took one snap in one of those games. It works both ways, I wouldn't say Carson was 2-1 against the steelers this season if Jon Kitna had won that playoff game because Carson barely even played, hence he did not affect the outcome.

Nice try, that's a good way to duck the facts. Let me s-p-e-l-l it out for you.

Cowher in 14 years:21-8 against the bungles
Cowher against Marvin Lewis:7-2
Ben against Carson:4-1 or 3-1 not counting your playoff game.Are you getting the picture now????????????????????
Nobody is buying what you are trying to sell.

83-Steelers-43
03-29-2006, 09:06 AM
What is all comes down to and all that matters:

Steelers - 5 Super Bowls and years of consistancy.

Bungals - 0 Super Bowls and fifteen years of straight sucking.

Start yapping when you have six.

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 10:56 AM
and dont forget how we accomplished the impossible last year. 3 road playoff wins as the 6th seed beating the 1 2 3 seed and then winning the Super Bowl.

Carson should just say, we got beat and look forward to next year and shut his mouth.

clevestinks
03-29-2006, 11:05 AM
I really cant beleive that Palmer is saying anything. We our the Champs get over the jealous bit.

STEELERSTAR
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I was wondering if Carson Palmer and Troy Polamalu are still friends, yes or no? Becuz it looks like Palmer still has hard feelings toward our beloved Steelers' Blitzburgh & Steel Curtain. What's Polamalu thinking right now if he heard or saw Palmer's interview about his hard feelings against Steelers? I wanna hear what Polamalu's reactions would be.

2005 Week 7, in 3rd quarter, when Palmer threw an interception, Chris Hope picked it up and ran for 55 yards, there was Polamalu blocking for Hope and nailed Palmer on the ground. :dang: :kick: :rofl:

Midnightwriter1
03-29-2006, 07:26 PM
They were college teammates and won a National Championship together. I am sure they will always be friends outside of football. You cant take away a college buddies friendship that easily.

MNsteelers
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I was watching Savran On Sportsbeat yesterday and they showed Carson Palmer talking about the Steelers. He said he doesn't hold a grudge against Von Oelhoffen, but he does hold a grudge against the Steelers for winning the SuperBowl.

Here's the article...(it's toward the bottom of the page)

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5150

Figures......:rolleyes:

$LuckyNumber7$

Geez, was the writer ON on knees sucking Palmer off, or did he wait until after cleanup to worship him?

I hope he comes back 100 percent, so I can watch Polamalu steamroll him into the end zone after an interception. Still one of the highlights of my football-watching career.

Steel Pit
03-30-2006, 05:32 AM

It really annoys me to hear Bengals fans spouting off about a different outcome to the playoff game had Carson Palmer played. The score may have changed a bit but the outcome would have been the same, A PITTSBURGH STEELERS VICTORY.

During the 4 weeks leading up to the playoff game against the Steelers the Bengals finished their regular season by narrowly beating a Cleveland Browns team, LOSING to the Buffalo Bills, and LOSING to the Kansas City Chiefs. Besides losing 2 of 3 games to NON-PLAYOFF teams, these losses occurred while the Bengals were still in contention to win a number 2 seed in the AFC Conference. They had a lot to play for and they simply choked. I'll also point out that you had a healthy Carson Palmer at the end of the season but the man that you're so overly impressed with, could manage only 1 win from 3 VERY-WINNABLE games.

With that being said I will suggest that the Bengals just weren't good enough to beat the Steelers or any of the playoff teams. You can't end the regular season as the Bengals did and then suggest that you were somehow the best team in the conference and that you would have went on to the Super Bowl if not for the injury to Carson Palmer. Hog Wash!

The Bengals were simply a team that took advantage of the injury-plagued season experienced by the Steelers QB's. Had these injuries not occurred, the Bengals would not have won the division therefore they would have missed the playoffs after the week 17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

SteelShooter
03-30-2006, 06:13 AM
It really annoys me to hear Bengals fans spouting off about a different outcome to the playoff game had Carson Palmer played. The score may have changed a bit but the outcome would have been the same, A PITTSBURGH STEELERS VICTORY.

During the 4 weeks leading up to the playoff game against the Steelers the Bengals finished their regular season by narrowly beating a Cleveland Browns team, LOSING to the Buffalo Bills, and LOSING to the Kansas City Chiefs. Besides losing 2 of 3 games to NON-PLAYOFF teams, these losses occurred while the Bengals were still in contention to win a number 2 seed in the AFC Conference. They had a lot to play for and they simply choked. I'll also point out that you had a healthy Carson Palmer at the end of the season but the man that you're so overly impressed with, could manage only 1 win from 3 VERY-WINNABLE games.

With that being said I will suggest that the Bengals just weren't good enough to beat the Steelers or any of the playoff teams. You can't end the regular season as the Bengals did and then suggest that you were somehow the best team in the conference and that you would have went on to the Super Bowl if not for the injury to Carson Palmer. Hog Wash!

The Bengals were simply a team that took advantage of the injury-plagued season experienced by the Steelers QB's. Had these injuries not occurred, the Bengals would not have won the division therefore they would have missed the playoffs after the week 17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

True Dat Bro! Another take is to look at the scoring differences. We won by how much the first game? We only lost by 7 with their one magnanamous win. Then start up our post-season (ending theirs) with how many points? Hmmmmmm........

But the meat of your message was so true: They still had something to play for toward the end....and didn't play at all.

Nice post Bro.

CantStop85
03-31-2006, 08:37 PM
You've got to be freaking kidding me. Hypocrisy at it's best. The injuries only make a difference when they're on the team you're rooting for, right? :blah: :blah: :blah:

STEELERSTAR
04-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Hehehe, :sofunny: Palmer is a whining crybaby. I'm not even scared. :blah: at him!!!!

Haha, nice!! I agree, I am very scared! :rolleyes:

$LN7$