PDA

View Full Version : Six Steelers sit out practice

mesaSteeler
11-11-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_708971.html

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Six Steelers sit out practice

By John Harris
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 12, 2010

Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel (hamstring), guard Chris Kemoeatu, tight end Heath Miller (knee), kicker Jeff Reed (illness), safety Will Allen (illness) and defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps) didn't practice Thursday. Keisel returned to action briefly against the Bengals on Monday after missing two games. If he doesn't practice today, he's unlikely to play Sunday night against the Patriots, along with Kemoeatu and Miller. Smith, who has missed the past two games, isn't ready to return.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (foot) was limited in practice yesterday after sitting out with a foot sprain Wednesday. He also has an injured right shoulder, but that hasn't limited him this season. Other than missing almost all of the 2008 season with a torn ACL, Brady has played in every game since becoming the starter in 2001.

Steelers wide receivers Mike Wallace and Hines Ward planned an elaborate end-zone celebration following Wallace's 39-yard touchdown reception against the Bengals, but common sense prevailed. "Me and Hines were thinking about it. But we didn't want to do it because it might hurt our team (because of a penalty)," Wallace said.

Steelers defensive end Nick Eason said he's the recipient of the annual Ed Block Courage Award.

It's presented to a player on each NFL team who, according to teammates, best represents inspiration, sportsmanship and courage. Eason is playing this season despite nearly dying and losing 30 pounds after having offseason surgery to remove his appendix and part of his colon. "The things I went through, it was a unanimous vote to win that award this year," Eason said.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Merchant
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Damn.. team's hurting. Jeff Reed (illness) - I guess he's sick of missing clutch kicks too :chuckle:

Fire Arians
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Damn.. team's hurting. Jeff Reed (illness) - I guess he's sick of missing clutch kicks too :chuckle:

prolly had a hangover

tony hipchest
11-11-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_708971.html

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (foot) was limited in practice yesterday after sitting out with a foot sprain Wednesday. He also has an injured right shoulder, but that hasn't limited him this season. Other than missing almost all of the 2008 season with a torn ACL, Brady has played in every game since becoming the starter in 2001.

0zvOy19gwAA&feature=related

steeltheone
11-12-2010, 02:49 AM
prolly had a hangover

Thats Funny!:rofl:

wootawnee
11-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Dang Nick.........You lost some of you booty trac.........That suks bro.......

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Listing Aaron Smith as missing practice is not exactly the same as saying Colon and Starks sat out practice but it is close:noidea:

Miller's knee must be hurting him more than the ever optimistic Tomlin estimated on Tuesday - if Miller sits Roethlisberger will be running for his life Sunday night

markymarc
11-13-2010, 05:15 PM
It appears Heath Miller will be ready for the game. That is very good news.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709122.html

Steelers' Miller returns to practice, ready to play vs. Patriots
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 13, 2010
In-depth Steelers

• Tight end Heath Miller, who missed the first two days of practice this week because of fluid in his left knee, practiced Friday and pronounced himself ready for Sunday night's game against New England. "It feels good," he said after practice. "I should be ready to go. We planned to give it a test (yesterday). We'll see how it reacts."

• Defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps) is out. Defensive end Brett Keisel (hamstring) and guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee/ankle) are doubtful. Keisel and Kemoeatu didn't practice this week.

• Four players who started the opener — Smith, Keisel, Kemoeatu and tackle Max Starks, who was placed on injured reserve this week — will be sidelined against the Patriots. "Those things happen throughout the course of the season," Miller said. "You could walk into any locker room in the league, and I'd be surprised if they've got the same 22 guys starting they had on opening day. It's part of the game."

• For New England, safety Jarrad Page (calf) is out. Safety Patrick Chung (knee), guard Stephen Neal (shoulder), nose tackle Myron Pryor (back) and defensive lineman Mike Wright (groin) are questionable.

• Free safety Ryan Clark, who joined the Steelers in 2006, wasn't on the roster when New England coach Bill Belichick was accused of stealing signals. "I wasn't here when that was supposedly going on when they won those Super Bowls, so I don't really care," Clark said. "They won those Super Bowls. It's not going to take away whether (or not) it was videotaped."