PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Pittsburgh- where?

Stu Pidasso
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
So I'm coming to the Pats* game Sunday night, I hate paying $30+ to park sometimes blocks away from Heinz. Someone told me I could park in Station Square and ride the ferry across the river. My question is: How much to park in Station Square for the game, and will the lot/deck be open that late after the game?

Oh, and I actually have one extra ticket for the game, too. Anyone interested in going with me? 48 yard line, 4th row.

lionslicer
11-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I remember going to a preseason game and partking in station square and taking the fairy. I don't remember it being that expensive.

steelerchad
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
It sounds like you just want to park and not tailgate. Here's what I do when I'm not tailgating. It's a little walk, but really not bad. If your heading back towards 376 it also helps you beat some of the traffic.

There is a parking garage on 6th St right across the street from the Clemente Bridge. You can park there for $5. Take the elevator down cross the bridge and your right at the corner at PNC park. Take a left and walk towards Heinz Field. It's a 15 minute brisk walk total, but really not too bad. It's only 5 minutes farther than parking at Red 6 across from PNC and that pass will cost you $50-$80 on Ebay and you'll sit in an hours traffic after the game.

Bonus. You pass several bars on the way there. McFadden's, Bettis, etc. If you need a break stop in and have a beer to break up your walk.

stb_steeler
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
It sounds like you just want to park and not tailgate. Here's what I do when I'm not tailgating. It's a little walk, but really not bad. If your heading back towards 376 it also helps you beat some of the traffic.

There is a parking garage on 6th St right across the street from the Clemente Bridge. You can park there for $5. Take the elevator down cross the bridge and your right at the corner at PNC park. Take a left and walk towards Heinz Field. It's a 15 minute brisk walk total, but really not too bad. It's only 5 minutes farther than parking at Red 6 across from PNC and that pass will cost you $50-$80 on Ebay and you'll sit in an hours traffic after the game.

Bonus. You pass several bars on the way there. McFadden's, Bettis, etc. If you need a break stop in and have a beer to break up your walk.

Yep, parking garage cheap 5 bucks.....Take a nice walk across the bridge get some pics.

Stu Pidasso
11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention due to health, I can't walk a long distance.

And lionslicer, please check your spelling of Ferry. :sweating: