PDA

View Full Version : Who I like, New England version

mesaSteeler
11-12-2010, 11:49 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
Friday, November 12, 2010

Who I like, New England version

Heath Miller returned to practice Friday for the Steelers, so that's one problem averted.

New England's defense is awful, having given up 400 or more yards in half of the Patriots' games this season. This isn't your father's New England club.

The Patriots can score, to be sure, but they've also limited just one opponent to under 20 points this season.

Tom Brady is also hobbled with a foot injury, something the Steelers may be able to take advantage of.

Finally, New England's pass rush has generated just 13 sacks. Even with two new starters on the left side of the Steelers' line, the Patriots may not be able to take full advantage.

I'll give a nod to Brady to keep things close, but I like the Steelers to win, 27-24.

markymarc
11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Good pick Dale! He normally does a very good job of picking these games. The real question is can our offense take advantage of New England's porous defense?

Rinkleroot
11-13-2010, 08:48 PM
The Pats are way over-rated, if the Steelers don't beat them by 14 or more I'll be surprised,

Steelers 35 Pats 14

Steeler4life1972
11-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Hey its the steelers...how often do we blow teams out???? Not very often at all....I see this as a 16-14 game either way...dont get me wrong I would love for us to blow them out but we always live by the seat of our pants...its the steelers way!!!

MikeHaullace
11-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Are we finally going to see Ben go big?

Will this be a 5 TD explosion all over New England's secondary?

Let's hope for the sake of my "Steelers Players" fantasy team.

For some reason though, something tells me Brady and Co. are going to take this in a close one. 23-21

Whodis
11-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Hey its the steelers...how often do we blow teams out???? Not very often at all....

I think we say this every damn weekend. I think it's going to be a close game (Steelers on top))